Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Well, that is what the HC is supposed to do - if something isn't working he needs to make changes and if it's a coach in question, then so be it - just as in business, a department head isn't cutting it you make a change - that is NOT HC BS that is what should happen

Comment

Comment

So in one post you are happy that MM is making changes and then in the next you call it head coach BS...which is it?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Stuursma would be a nice hire. He won seven state championships at EGR and has gone 32-8 at Hope College with the playoffs to come. He's a lot like Annese in that he's just an all-around great head coach that wins wherever he goes. This season Hope has averaged 46.6 points per game. They have scored 80, 79, 52, 51, and 49 points this season. Their 27-21 loss to Milliken was their only setback and lowest scoring game. Stuursma is young though and I'm sure he would move up the ranks if he has success here, but I would take 5 years of high level play and competing at the national level vs 10 years of 8-3, 9-2 seasons.
              Well that first playoff game went well for Pete. 41-3..some potent offense he has there...

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

Well that first playoff game went well for Pete. 41-3..some potent offense he has there...
                Yea.. gets trucked pretty bad in PO's. Not a good look

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

I was at the game and Wartburg is a great team in all three areas. You can book it now that Stuursma will be making noise in the DIII playoffs sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietz View Post

I was at the game and Wartburg is a great team in all three areas. You can book it now that Stuursma will be making noise in the DIII playoffs sooner than later.
                    So was I and I can tell you that no one in the MIAA is gonna go anywhere at this point. The MIAA in Michigan is in a state with many D2 schools, as well as 5 D1 schools...the D3 schools in Michigan get the leftovers...compare that to Wisconsin, Iowa, Texas, Ohio where the number of D2 schools are lower and the football numbers are higher as well and its a numbers game period. Its not really Petes fault but to think that we can get Hope to the National level is not quite far to Pete. Pete had a nice run at EGR until the recruiting stopped and he took a sweet deal at Hope...smart move..but lets get real..Hope had a nice season.

Comment

Y'all keep talking about head coaches. How about the GLIAC commissioner? Sources close to the situation tell me Ashland and Northwood will be leaving soon. Talk about a hot seat. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McElwain View Post
                        Y'all keep talking about head coaches. How about the GLIAC commissioner? Sources close to the situation tell me Ashland and Northwood will be leaving soon. Talk about a hot seat. Yikes!
                        GLIAC commissioner? Oh, there is one? I guess the member schools really have no one to blame but themselves on that one. And I do question how solid your source is on Northwood. I suspect that departure is possible, but I'm not seeing it soon.

Comment

I feel like Northwood has nowhere to go. They are smack in the middle of the GLIAC footprint. There's no good place for them to go unless they are going to change to NAIA or D-III.

Additionally, if Northwood and Ashland both left, the GLIAC would essentially be done. Some sports wouldn't even get automatic NCAA tournament bids anymore because of a lack of teams in the conference. I guess they'd have to try hard to go after Lawrence Tech and Madonna, in that instance.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Sources close to the situation say Northwood and Hillsdale's presidents both met at their football game this year along with the GMAC Commissioner. Northwood is struggling with enrollment and money is tight, but they do have a new president so who knows how serious they actually are about making an expensive change. I agree, it doesn't make sense geographically, but it would give Hillsdale a travel partner.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McElwain View Post
                                Sources close to the situation say Northwood and Hillsdale's presidents both met at their football game this year along with the GMAC Commissioner. Northwood is struggling with enrollment and money is tight, but they do have a new president so who knows how serious they actually are about making an expensive change. I agree, it doesn't make sense geographically, but it would give Hillsdale a travel partner.
                                Or we could just kidnap the HC president and give him purple nurples until he opts to put Hillsdale back into the GLIAC. HC back in the GLIAC would shore things up for us, and not just in football. I'm sure that we could pass the hat around and find us an Amish guy who would do this for us. ;-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X