Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
    I'll start up the conversation here.

GV is going to have to play a near perfect game to be in this. The defense needs to do what they've been doing. Stop the run, make FSU go to the pass. The Dbacks have been playing well. The real question mark with this team is the pass offense. The run has been seen to be effective with our three (maybe four?) headed running attack: Aryuan Cain-Veasey, Tariq Reid, Bryce Young-Walls, and at times Jack Provencher.

Cole is going to have to avoid throwing picks (picks by week - 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 0, 1; zero picks was vs. Davenport when it was a torrential downpour all game and the pass game was next to impossible). Avoiding this turnovers and keeping the clock moving is essential.

What are your guys' thoughts on it?
    I just cant see GVSU playing with Ferris this year. They are a decent team with a bad QB. They have played close games against average teams. They arent close to what they have been in the past. Ferris is just too loaded. With or without Jayru, they just cant hang with Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeser12 View Post

I just cant see GVSU playing with Ferris this year. They are a decent team with a bad QB. They have played close games against average teams. They arent close to what they have been in the past. Ferris is just too loaded. With or without Jayru, they just cant hang with Ferris.
      Ferris isn't nearly the same team without Jayru. He's going to play, but if he didn't, GV becomes the favorite, IMO.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

National telecast on Fox College Sports so we can watch it here in Florida - yay - Go Lakers

Comment

1) Hoping that this Fox Sports Detroit broadcast becomes a yearly thing, maybe mix in some other GLIAC teams or have a couple more broadcasts.
          2) Hoping GVSU and WSU can win this week to make the next game ultra super interesting.
          3) I really don't know what Ferris's weakness is. I'm still having nightmares about Wayne's homecoming loss to them.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ferris isn't nearly the same team without Jayru. He's going to play, but if he didn't, GV becomes the favorite, IMO.
            That's hilarious. 615 yards against what we were told was the best defense in the GLIAC in Tech. They never had a chance and guess what, Jayru didn't even dress.

Comment

[QUOTE=KleShreen;n447106]

Ferris isn't nearly the same team without Jayru.

Yep,they are better with Russel - more balance and consistent in the passing game. I sure hope J rue dresses

Comment

Originally posted by Dietz View Post

That's hilarious. 615 yards against what we were told was the best defense in the GLIAC in Tech. They never had a chance and guess what, Jayru didn't even dress.
                lol Tech with the best defense? Who in the world are you listening to?

Comment

lol Tech with the best defense? Who in the world are you listening to?
                  Mostly the GLIAC stats. They were second in the GLIAC going into last weeks game. Also, heard rumors that Tech Dline had NFL guys on it. They must have been hurt.

In the end it doesn't matter who they are playing, unless it's Valdosta State, and if things work out, they might get a second chance at them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

Yep,they are better with Russel - more balance and consistent in the passing game. I sure hope J rue dresses
                    Yes, I'm sure Ferris is better without the reigning Harlon Hill winner that led the team to the national championship game, and instead is better using the guy who got taken to the wire by Findlay.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure Ferris is better without the reigning Harlon Hill winner that led the team to the national championship game, and instead is better using the guy who got taken to the wire by Findlay.
                      LMAO hook,line,and sinker

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

LMAO hook,line,and sinker
                        Uh. Okay.

Comment

MTech with the best D, LOL funny - and we would be happy to see someone else but Jayru Saturday - so if u can make that happen...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                            MTech with the best D, LOL funny - and we would be happy to see someone else but Jayru Saturday - so if u can make that happen...
                            Well, kind of amazing how often JC picks up an injury in practice so often. They must have tough practices up there. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              https://youtu.be/Fbn_WEyYwJk

lets see if I can embed this classic....
                              My turn. I like this one better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvc0GaltO8

Great game.!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Well, kind of amazing how often JC picks up an injury in practice so often. They must have tough practices up there. ;-)
                                Yes, they practice outside.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X