Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Valley State University vs. Ferris State University

I'll start up the conversation here.

GV is going to have to play a near perfect game to be in this. The defense needs to do what they've been doing. Stop the run, make FSU go to the pass. The Dbacks have been playing well. The real question mark with this team is the pass offense. The run has been seen to be effective with our three (maybe four?) headed running attack: Aryuan Cain-Veasey, Tariq Reid, Bryce Young-Walls, and at times Jack Provencher.

Cole is going to have to avoid throwing picks (picks by week - 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 0, 1; zero picks was vs. Davenport when it was a torrential downpour all game and the pass game was next to impossible). Avoiding this turnovers and keeping the clock moving is essential.

What are your guys' thoughts on it?

I believe this game is all on the O - can they score? - can they sustain drives? - can they get some first downs to let the defense rest? - the D will play well but the point about our O is can they maintain some consistency so the D isn't playing the whole game, getting worn down giving up yards, time and points - we will see, and I will be rooting for them - Go Lakers!!

Comment

2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Comment

GV can win this game if they have under 20 pass attempts. They have the backs to chew up the clock and keep it close. If they come with that "deep ball every other play crap", I'll be running for president of the MM fan club. Oddly enough, it seems Ferris has incorporated the deep ball a lot more now when teams are loading the box. Haven't seen that as much in previous seasons. JC was 13-19 for 347 yds against SVSU. Be interesting to see if they do that against you guys.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Jeez, Massey has GV as a 15 point underdog?! I mean.... I guess, but I was thinking more along the lines of a +9.5 line for GV.

Comment

https://youtu.be/Fbn_WEyYwJk

lets see if I can embed this classic....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    https://youtu.be/Fbn_WEyYwJk

lets see if I can embed this classic....
                    Wow thank you for introducing this to me

Comment

When things get tough, this staff falls back on what it knows like someone that finds a play they like in Madden and runs it to death because they think any other play would result in a sure turnover. I think it's safe to guarantee they'll run those pass plays often.

Comment

I too see that frustration. Still, that is one of Ferris's weaknesses. I continue to suspect that a few new wrinkles that each team will throw out there... even by the D side, will ultimately decide the contest.

I'm most interested in seeing how GV's D line matches up with Ferris's Oline. Sounds cliche, but those matchups will drive a ton of playcalling options. As for the flip, it looks like Ferris runs some unique front end D. I might expect some probing with a few runs to see how that plays out.

Comment

It is a must-win for GV to make the playoffs. 2 losses isn't going to be good enough to make it with the bad SOS GV has this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            It is a must-win for GV to make the playoffs. 2 losses isn't going to be good enough to make it with the bad SOS GV has this year.
                            Not totally true. A few dominoes have to fall GV's way, but I wouldn't be betting on it. But, there is still a good chance that a 2 loss GV team does get in. The SOS doesn't carry as much weight in the region as it did when silo scheduling wasn't the "norm" for half the conferences. The comm. is looking and weighing at who one loses to as much or more than the SOS. But yes, GV's SOS is pretty sour this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Not totally true. A few dominoes have to fall GV's way, but I wouldn't be betting on it. But, there is still a good chance that a 2 loss GV team does get in. The SOS doesn't carry as much weight in the region as it did when silo scheduling wasn't the "norm" for half the conferences. The comm. is looking and weighing at who one loses to as much or more than the SOS. But yes, GV's SOS is pretty sour this season.
                              The committee has never cared who a team loses to. They care who you beat. GV is going to have zero wins over anyone in the regional rankings if they lose to Ferris. If the committee cared about who you lost to, GV would have made it in in 2017 when they lost 3 games to teams with a combined 2 losses, all on the road, by a grand total of 10 points or whatever it was. But Harding made it in instead with 3 losses to worse teams, at home, because Harding beat one of the top teams in the region.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X