Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

it's understandable you feel that way....win a national champioship and your view will change....win four in five years and it'll really change...gvsu fans judge seasons on whether or not there's a national championship trophy...it's ridiculous to b honest with you but that's what ridiculous success does to a fan base...no championship equals another disappointing season...but eventually that wears off... Mitchell is expediting this process
    That's evident when you guys have an 8-3 season. Most teams and fans would consider that a success. When you guys had that a couple years ago, you all were ready to tar and feather M.M. I guess being N.C. a few times, really sets the standard higher. Wonder if we meet in the playoffs this year. Watch out for Wayne State next week. They are playing good ball right now, and the Ferris win today might just throw fuel on that fire for Wayne State.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Look, GV folks keep bringing up national titles that were won over 10 years ago. I give props to those teams, but the past is the past. It isn't that we haven't figured it out. We don't care. That was a different time, different rules, different land scape, etc. etc. Seems you have to keep pointing back then to find relevance. If we win a Natty...great! If we don't, oh well. The only thing we can judge is Ferris vs GV, on the field, man-to-man and coach-to-coach in the present era.

And right now TA and Ferris is whoopin' dat a$$.

We had to deal with it for years, now it's your turn.
      lol, what? So you have no desire to win a national championship. Ooooooookay then. Guess that speaks volumes.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

That's evident when you guys have an 8-3 season. Most teams and fans would consider that a success. When you guys had that a couple years ago, you all were ready to tar and feather M.M. I guess being N.C. a few times, really sets the standard higher. Wonder if we meet in the playoffs this year. Watch out for Wayne State next week. They are playing good ball right now, and the Ferris win today might just throw fuel on that fire for Wayne State.
        gvsu isn't making the playoffs most likely.. even if we do we are not good enough to beat you guys...theyre good enough to beat most playoff teams based off talent alone but the offense isn't good enough to beat a great team... Mitchell is tar and featherable because he took over the number one program in the country and turned it into what it was in the mid 90s....but he just needs a little more time to get his system implemented and his players in....give him another decade or two and he'll right the ship

Comment

• The announcers said Ferris has won this meeting the last 8 out of last 9. Is that right?!!
          <>

Comment

gvsu isn't making the playoffs most likely.. even if we do we are not good enough to beat you guys...theyre good enough to beat most playoff teams based off talent alone but the offense isn't good enough to beat a great team... Mitchell is tar and featherable because he took over the number one program in the country and turned it into what it was in the mid 90s....but he just needs a little more time to get his system implemented and his players in....give him another decade or two and he'll right the ship
            Ya think he will be there that long. How long before the donors $,$$$.$$ start putting on pressure to win or get someone that will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
              The announcers said Ferris has won this meeting the last 8 out of last 9. Is that right?!!
              regular season...they split last couple playoff games...so 8 of ten or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

Ya think he will be there that long. How long before the donors $,$$$.$$ start putting on pressure to win or get someone that will.
                he made it this far so probably...he's obviously not going to get a d1 offer....or even a d3 offer...and if the university was going to fire him it would have been after getting destroyed by augustana ten years ago back when they were still a legit national powerhouse....that game is what clued most of us in that we are in some serious trouble and the run is over

Comment

• Guys, you r bring rediculous - I understand the frustrations, I feel ya - BUT until we get another TOP qb it isn't going to happen - Bart was good and Cole is ok but neither were/are good enough to go all the way - it's just that simple

Comment

• he's responsible for recruiting and developing QBs...the fact we ain't got one is on him...you and I have discussed him for over a decade...it's quite evident your faith in him has diminished with each disappointing season...you've gotta be getting close to wits end with him...
                    no?

Comment

• Ww

Comment

• After getting beat by Ashland earlier in the year I posted and told Laker fans that we will always be disappointed in teams coached by Matt Mitchell but the sun will come up tomorrow. I would like other Laker fans to take a look at our top 3 men's sports programs at GV Football, Basketball and Baseball. Look at our successes in the regular and post season have been. Then take a look at the top 3 women' team sports Basketball, Softball and Soccer. I think you will be surprised to see the success the women have had vs the men. The athletic department at Grand Valley demands success in the women's sports but accepts mediocrity in the men's programs. The past success of the Football Team on the national level fueled the growth of facilities for all of our programs in the past 15 years. Alumni and friends of GV have opened their wallets but are not willing to be as generous now with the lack of success in the Matt Mitchell era. I no longer purchase 4 season tickets, an Irwin Gold Lot parking pass, raffle tickets at the games, tickets to the Spring Game cash draw, no donations to Lubbers Athletic Facilities Foundation and no new GV wearing apparel. In my correspondence with Keri Becker this past spring brought a response that our football team always has the potential to have a special year. Here is hoping 2020 is that special year.

Comment

• Comment

he's responsible for recruiting and developing QBs...the fact we ain't got one is on him...you and I have discussed him for over a decade...it's quite evident your faith in him has diminished with each disappointing season...you've gotta be getting close to wits end with him...
                            no?
                            Yes he is - however truth be told, Kelly recruited one real good one and then got a second when a D1 transfer came here - that's it - nothing since - Martin didn't get one and nor has Mitch, to this point anyway - and yes, what they let in this school has changed SIGNIFICANTLY since then as well - and yes again, I would like to see a change in our O that better accommodates what we do have and that is definitely on him - we will see

Comment

• lol - yes, his players graduate

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lol, what? So you have no desire to win a national championship. Ooooooookay then. Guess that speaks volumes.
                                Yeah, sure..that's what I said.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X