Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Any more excuses in that bag you want to pull out?
    It's fine if GV chooses to set a higher admissions requirement but I don't understand why they would feel because another school chooses to be more inclusive, it's a problem. As long as the football program maintains the universities standard I don't see why a few academically disadvantaged kids aren't given a chance to make the grade.

According to https://blog.prepscholar.com/

It's not necessarily a bad thing that some schools have lower SAT requirements.
    It may simply mean that the school is prioritizing other admissions criteria or that the school is opening their school to a wider range of students.

A lot of other colleges, including prestigious schools like Bryn Mawr, Wake Forest, and George Washington University, are no longer requiring the SAT for admission. This decision doesn't mean that these aren't excellent colleges; they just no longer think the SAT is the best criteria for admission to their university.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

It's a lot easier to recruit when academic performance has no basis for who you recruit.
        Oh I forgot the Harvard of Southwest Michigan.....So did the focus for GVSU change from the early 2000....Not getting everyone D1 drop out anymore, the JUCO players...Beat over and over this last 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

THIS is where we are getting outworked.

Do we need to get better at QB? Perhaps. On the whole, I contend that we absolutely have the talent to be competitive nationally and to make the rivalry with you guys epic. We are consistently not doing enough with that talent. Development, discipline, and scheme are all lacking. Our offense is consistently predictable and unimaginative. That will work seven or eight times per year for us. The balance of the time we will face teams with good athletes, paired with coaching that puts their D in the right places to stop us. When faced with those opponents, we do little to nothing to leverage what the D gives, create confusion, cause mismatches, or provide schematic advantages. We just run the same six plays and figure they'll work sooner or later. And heaven forbid we ever make adjustments in-game. We consistently see little to none of that.

While I think our D can always do more/get better, in general they have been more than serviceable over the past several seasons. Increasingly in the last three or four years, they have been asked to shoulder more than their share of the burden. It's not a sustainable model, particularly against good teams. You HAVE to be able to score points and consistently put opponents under duress. Our offense has, on a more and more frequent basis, not done that. And it has started to manifest itself against middle-of-the-road teams...look at the games we had in the second half this year that shouldn't have been games. Defenses may win championships, but offenses put games away. We haven't performed offensively in a manner that can put games away in quite a while.

I genuinely believe that we could have won that game yesterday with the guys we had out there. We got out-coached.
          We also didn't have our starting QB....game wasn't that close.

Comment

• Thanks Northern. Hopefully we get a chance to run it back with both teams healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Oh I forgot the Harvard of Southwest Michigan.....So did the focus for GVSU change from the early 2000....Not getting everyone D1 drop out anymore, the JUCO players...Beat over and over this last 10 years.
              Yes, it did. GV accepted much different student-athletes in the early 2000's than it has for the last 10 years.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Don't know where the post went but I don't know what game you were watching but I just watched it again and it was a very close game - a few plays/calls here and there and this game has a different outcome - heck, the bogus call of incomplete on the catch to the 19 on GV's first drive of the second half after the fake punt - all the mo was with GV and the ref furthest away over rules the ref right on the ball calling it complete and the receiver down - anyway, game over and hopefully we get another shot

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

It's fine if GV chooses to set a higher admissions requirement but I don't understand why they would feel because another school chooses to be more inclusive, it's a problem. As long as the football program maintains the universities standard I don't see why a few academically disadvantaged kids aren't given a chance to make the grade.

According to https://blog.prepscholar.com/

It's not necessarily a bad thing that some schools have lower SAT requirements.
                  It may simply mean that the school is prioritizing other admissions criteria or that the school is opening their school to a wider range of students.

A lot of other colleges, including prestigious schools like Bryn Mawr, Wake Forest, and George Washington University, are no longer requiring the SAT for admission. This decision doesn't mean that these aren't excellent colleges; they just no longer think the SAT is the best criteria for admission to their university.
                  The schools you mentioned are all private and a schools "inclusiveness" means nothing in the real world - anyway, it does make a difference when a talented athlete doesn't have the grades to get in one school but can in another especially at the D2 level where the pool is thinner - also, xerris isn't an excellent college and would never be mistaken for one - regardless, they won and we hope to get another chance - good luck this week

Comment

• From Google

GV acceptance rate = 83%
                    Ferris State accpetance rate = 81%

GV Average SAT = 1145
                    FS Average SAT = 1055

GV Average GPA = 3.5
                    FS Average GPA = 3.24

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          From Google

GV acceptance rate = 83%
                          Ferris State accpetance rate = 81%

GV Average SAT = 1145
                          FS Average SAT = 1055

GV Average GPA = 3.5
                          FS Average GPA = 3.24
                          Runnin' Cat according to GV, they're Harvard and we're Last Chance U...lol In the state of Michigan, we go after a lot of the same players, we get some and they get some. Funny because in a lot of the games over the past years I think GV was the more talented team. I think TA recruits for his system very well and the rest comes down to coaching.

If you listen to them, it's like we're an FCS Division 1 team with multiple NFL prospects beating up on all the little D2 schools.

Comment

• /\ /\ /\
                            What he said...Reach em and teach em lakerman!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

The schools you mentioned are all private and a schools "inclusiveness" means nothing in the real world - anyway, it does make a difference when a talented athlete doesn't have the grades to get in one school but can in another especially at the D2 level where the pool is thinner - also, xerris isn't an excellent college and would never be mistaken for one - regardless, they won and we hope to get another chance - good luck this week
                              Is it that 2% difference in acceptance rate that makes you feel so superior or the amazing .25 difference in GPA? I'm curious in the answer.

Comment

• Average acceptance rate has nothing to do with the kids Ferris is able to get in and GV and SV cannot. Ferris can take a kid with a 13 on the ACT. Those other schools cannot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X