Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by svsu View Post
    Average acceptance rate has nothing to do with the kids Ferris is able to get in and GV and SV cannot. Ferris can take a kid with a 13 on the ACT. Those other schools cannot.
    He's speaking to being so vastly superior overall as a school however, when in reality no one is going to care where you got your degree from unless it's one of a select few universities. It's Grand Valley, not Colorado School of Mines...

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Is it that 2% difference in acceptance rate that makes you feel so superior or the amazing .25 difference in GPA? I'm curious in the answer.
      It's the requirement for the athletes... not the entire student body. There are players that GV can't look at and others will admit
      due to academics. Agree or not, but it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Is it that 2% difference in acceptance rate that makes you feel so superior or the amazing .25 difference in GPA? I'm curious in the answer.
        Huh? Where do you get that anyone from the GV side is bragging about superiority? GV's student body isn't the point in this.. little to do with it. As stated above... it's the ATHLETE's that can or can't get in. That has little to do with the academic averages.

Comment

• Comment

• Offensively, GV recruited the athletes to fit their pro style offense. That was their choice. TA recruits athletes to fit his system. That's smaller, quick twitch guys that can play in the slot, outside, backfield and even QB when needed. Ferris has more versatile athletes, their offense is more dynamic and when slated against evenly matched talent, harder to defend.

No one has stopped GV from recruiting those type of athletes. They chose to recruit bigger receivers and TEs and pocket passing QBs with limited mobility..
            Defensively, GV has studs all across that unit, more so than Ferris.

Stop with all the excuses about admissions, academics, etc.. Your coach made a decision to base his offense off the vertical passing game, his choice. Nobody forced him to chuck fade passes down the field over the past 8 years on 3rd and 1. Just like nobody forced him to run a zone read play 2x against Ferris on 3rd and long.

GV should have won last years game and the year before that. They didn't because they were out coached.

Comment

• Comment

• I liked Parling as a versatile QB, but he was injury prone and ran the offense under a much better offensive mind than anyone on the current staff. Problem was, we had the total opposite problem at that time. We were all offense with no defense. Every game was a shootout.

Comment

• I find it interesting that GV has all these resources, including a new 3 million dollar football facility and yet no championship, again, and left wondering if they are going to even going to make the playoffs. Doesn't that bother anyone in the GV administration? Not much in the way of ROI. Please don't change a thing. Keep that genius of a Coach.I beg you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

How sad for you to base your giving to young people to be based on how well a head coach and a team perform according to your standards. Good thing that GVSU seems to have hundreds of other donors that do not think and act the way you do. Enjoy your old gear and watching the game on your internet connected TV while the rest of enjoy the game in person. PS, we don't miss you at all, looks like the lots are filled, the seats are sold and the Irwin club is better than ever. Anchor up!
                    "Internet connected TV"???? That's called a smart TV these days. Perhaps your old a$$ needs to get with the times. If a person doesn't want to donate to a lackluster football program that's their choice just like it's your choice to continue to support it. You are probably a fan of the GV student government recently deciding to remove the Pledge of Allegiance from their meeting agenda as well. You live in a fantasy world lady. Go back to the nursing home. And yes I know who you are so don't play your high and mighty I donate more money than you ever know blah blah blah crap. Internet connected TV.... hilarious. P.S. the Irwin club is not better than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Yes he is - however truth be told, Kelly recruited one real good one and then got a second when a D1 transfer came here - that's it - nothing since - Martin didn't get one and nor has Mitch, to this point anyway - and yes, what they let in this school has changed SIGNIFICANTLY since then as well - and yes again, I would like to see a change in our O that better accommodates what we do have and that is definitely on him - we will see
                      Kelly also recruited Jeff fox and kwame mccinnon...either of those guys would have this team undefeated

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Kelly also recruited Jeff fox and kwame mccinnon...either of those guys would have this team undefeated
                        yes, both were mobile qb's - WE MUST HAVE A HIGHLY MOBILE QB

Comment

• Well, GV played xerris much closer then both MIAA's top two teams - what does that say? - to me it says we are much closer than we may think - and yes, a mobile QB may have made the difference - thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                            Well, GV played xerris much closer then both MIAA's top two teams - what does that say? - to me it says we are much closer than we may think - and yes, a mobile QB may have made the difference - thoughts?
                            I don't know about a mobile QB. Ferris just handled one pretty well in Braden Wright, but a better QB PERIOD might've flipped the game.

Comment

• Comment

• A more imaginative playbook might have helped;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X