Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado School of Mines, GVSU Announce Home and Home for 2022 and 2023

https://minesathletics.com/news/2019...ll-series.aspx

Sounds like a fine excuse to go visit family in Colorado, and maybe get plastered at the Coors brewery

Comment

Nice combo for several years playing two Colorado schools

Comment

Grand Valley is the nation's leader in awesome scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          Now if we can land that home and home with a certain MIAA team we will be even more awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrAllendale616 View Post
            and maybe get plastered at the Coors brewery
            There are far better waters out there.

Comment

Hmm, I might give this to Pueblo of late after looking at GV's OOC schedule for the last 10 years? UNC, Angelo State, Sam Houston, West Texas, Commerce, CWU, Grand Valley.

Comment

Maybe, but the NCAA apparently doesn't believe so. They tend to punish teams that schedule OOR games. Maybe the NCAA thinks that they give a team a break if they lose an OOR game by not counting it in the RR's?? No matter, I don't understand the rational behind a couple of PO criteria anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Maybe, but the NCAA apparently doesn't believe so. They tend to punish teams that schedule OOR games. Maybe the NCAA thinks that they give a team a break if they lose an OOR game by not counting it in the RR's?? No matter, I don't understand the rational behind a couple of PO criteria anyway.
                  GVSU has no choice but to schedule OOR games. There are four conferences in GV's region. Only the GLIAC and GLVC play non-conference games so 2/3 of GVSU's potential in-region opponents don't play non-conference games. It's not fair to use that as criteria against GV or any GLIAC team, especially when the numbers don't match up with the GLVC anyway and a GLIAC team would be a game short even if the GLVC and GLIAC agreed to some sort of scheduling agreement.

Which brings me to a side note... The GMAC and GLVC have agreed to a scheduling alliance for some non-conference games. What was the point?

The teams in green left the teams in yellow and red to join the single team in purple only to agree to an alliance with the teams in red to fill their schedules.

Click image for larger version

Name:	glvcgliacgmac.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	449965

Comment

Map fixed.

Comment

The point of the GMAC/GLVC Scheduling Alliance is they both have 8 football playing schools and some needed help getting OOC games to reach 11. They did it because they can. Also, I think that some leagues are more willing to cooperate with other leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                        The point of the GMAC/GLVC Scheduling Alliance is they both have 8 football playing schools and some needed help getting OOC games to reach 11. They did it because they can. Also, I think that some leagues are more willing to cooperate with other leagues.
                        There was no problem scheduling as a member of the GLIAC, which was my point.

Comment

Ahhh...if you're going back to the divorce, I do not pretend to know all of the reasons for the split. I do know we are happy being with like minded universities instead of having someone upset because they are not going to win another national championship. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just not where we're at in the whole scheme of things.
                          Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 11-10-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X