Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was going to go to the game today. Took the day off, but with a touch of walking pneumonia there, thought it might be better to just stay home and watch it online. Side note, clean out your humidifiers. Wife isn't much better. Really glad that I did give this game a pass. esh....

Comment

• Hope you feel better big!

As for your Lakers, they can't be feeling too good either ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

that is correct....we are now a female soccer school
        What do you mean women's soccer school...heck, all women's sports - x-country has been a national player for 20 years - women's soccer for sure, women's bball is ranked high and won natl championship, volleyball has won a national championship, softball had and is ranked high, women's golf is very good, heck women's lacrosse has gone and is going to the playoffs - the women have carried this school for years - only football for the men have won a national title, wait, the men's x-country team is outstanding as well but to be honest, the all-sports trophy is due to our outstanding women's athletics

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

What do you mean women's soccer school...heck, all women's sports - x-country has been a national player for 20 years - women's soccer for sure, women's bball is ranked high and won natl championship, volleyball has won a national championship, softball had and is ranked high, women's golf is very good, heck women's lacrosse has gone and is going to the playoffs - the women have carried this school for years - only football for the men have won a national title, wait, the men's x-country team is outstanding as well but to be honest, the all-sports trophy is due to our outstanding women's athletics
          Men's XC won a national title last year! So football isn't alone anymore. Baseball has a runner-up finish. Basketball had that undefeated season up to the Elite Eight once. Haha
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• WSU Bringing the Shoes back to the D after 35 Yrs, Awesome! The tough part is, No Playoff Hope. Winters possibly saved his job in the eyes of the fans, but as tough as the GLIAC teams usually play, they were all visibly weaker this year (5 teams under .400).

The good teams that Wayne played this year (Slippery Rock, Ferris, Truman State and even Ashland) exploited the Warrior's weaknesses, #1 being the inability of Winters to coach the adjustment in the 2nd half, #2 the QB's poor decisions (i.e; Coaches offensive play calling/Audibles).

On the flip side...The Defensive play calling and Defensive players have improved throughout the season to be a Top 10 D in the country! The D-Line is all healthy and the D-Backs learned how to play Cover-3 check down successfully.

Comment

• Hoping they clear some space in the Matthaei cabinets for the Shoes; I want to see that trophy up close!

My feelings on Winters are well-documented, but even I am willing to lay off my fire him take after this season. Of course one of our best seasons comes at a time when SR3 is loaded, but this is a feel-good season because I felt there was actual improvement over the course of the season (compared to '16 where there was a pure meltdown at the end).

Interesting stat on the state of the GLIAC records. I wonder if it's due to there being less teams and everybody playing each other now.

Comment

• Comment

• well, as the bracket shook out GV would have made the playoffs had they won - 9-2 would have put them in ahead of lindenwood for sure at 8-3 - but alwas, we couldn't get past WSU this year, something we had done 30 years in a row - aaaaagh - next year I guess

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by svsu View Post

Sparky was suspended for today's SVSU game.
                      What happened with that?

Comment

• Comment

• How long had he been there?

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                            How long had he been there?
                            Ginn had been at GVSU for 11 years...this was a big move by MM and shows that what he said in his post game presser will be done..had to be a very hard call.

Comment

• wrong guy

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

wrong guy
                                really?...why so?...he was the O coordinator and called the plays - our O has been our problem for many years - change my mind

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X