Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GV got a remodeled football center...nothing else has changed since the turf building got built.

The venues for all of the "revenue" sports are atrocious. The football stadium would be bottom 1/3rd of FCS. The basketball/volleyball arena hasn't been touched in decades besides a couple new scoreboards. The baseball/softball fields are alright, but don't have lights or synthetic surfaces like they probably should. The T&F/LAX facility is the only one we have that is D1 quality, really.
    The football stadium would NOT be in the lower 1/3, no way...I have been to many of them myself. Top notch? Nope, they need to nuke the pressbox and add seats. New tennis facility, Track and Field, soccer, LAX, baseball and softball are all fine...frankly they would most likely drop some of the sports anyway to fund the move. The basketball arena needs to be redone as does the pool. If Philly keeps running her mouth on certain things she is gonna kill off the donor base very quickly anyway. Lets hope she finds some common sense and leaves the sports in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

The football stadium would NOT be in the lower 1/3, no way...I have been to many of them myself. Top notch? Nope, they need to nuke the pressbox and add seats. New tennis facility, Track and Field, soccer, LAX, baseball and softball are all fine...frankly they would most likely drop some of the sports anyway to fund the move. The basketball arena needs to be redone as does the pool. If Philly keeps running her mouth on certain things she is gonna kill off the donor base very quickly anyway. Lets hope she finds some common sense and leaves the sports in D2.
      Hmm...Explain.

Comment

So rather than get better and make the playoffs in a conference that prepares you for championship-caliber games, you'd rather tuck your tail between your legs and run to a garbage conference like Hillsdale, ODU, Findlay, and Tiffin have?
        My thoughts exactly. Why not up your game instead of stooping lower. When you play the best, you learn and improve. Don't settle for less. Starting to look like the liberal "Everyone gets a trophy" philosophy is catching up to the college level now... Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

My thoughts exactly. Why not up your game instead of stooping lower. When you play the best, you learn and improve. Don't settle for less. Starting to look like the liberal "Everyone gets a trophy" philosophy is catching up to the college level now... Too bad.
          What a dumb post. Show your face in the OT if you want to get political. Don't bring that garbage here.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

What a dumb post. Show your face in the OT if you want to get political. Don't bring that garbage here.
            Speaking of garbage, do you ever look at what you post?? Nothing "political" about what I said dumba$$. You show your face in the OT.....Just another has been xsvu wanna be.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

Speaking of garbage, do you ever look at what you post?? Nothing "political" about what I said dumba$$. You show your face in the OT.....Just another has been xsvu wanna be.
              Nothing political? How dumb are you?

I'm in the OT regularly. Don't see you there. Don't hide your political takes over here like a coward.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

I don't see GVSU moving up to D1 anytime soon. If anyone from the GLIAC were to move up to D1 in the next few years, it would be Parkside (as they're a non-football commuter school founded after WWII; GVSU only fits the "founded after WWII" part). IMHO, the next major building project on the GVSU campus should be a new (or heavily renovated) basketball/volleyball/swimming complex. A brand new facility might have to go across Lake Michigan Drive from the campus since GVSU is fairly tight on space.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X