Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. 5th year senior and has lead the team to multiple games of 500-600 yards of offense. Loaded with speed and talent at all positions on both sides of the ball. We have a second string that is no slouch and a third one if needed, Again, loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Holly Dawg View Post
      Jayru Campbell needs surgery on his ankle. He is out for the year.
      Wow, I didn't realize he was the reigning Harlon Hill winner. At least the backup is a senior and has played well after taking over for Campbell. Still, loosing a guy like Campbell could change the game plan a lot for both teams.

Comment

Russell is pretty good, more consistent passing but not as explosive a runner. Evan Cummins is definitely the better runner and worse passer of the two. Thinking about it, Mankato and Ferris look pretty similar at QB now.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Wow, I didn't realize he was the reigning Harlon Hill winner. At least the backup is a senior and has played well after taking over for Campbell. Still, loosing a guy like Campbell could change the game plan a lot for both teams.
          Russell's had plenty of game experience so that's not a concern (beat NWMS last year in playoffs). I think larger worry is having 2 weeks off. They'll be rested by hopefully it doesn't lead to a really slow start.

Comment

Just saw where Cambell is out for the season and is having ankle surgery on Wednesday. That is so sad. He is fun to watch, although I have only caught a few games at the begining of season.
            He must be crushed, heading into the playoffs, and watching his team play from the sidelines.

Go Ferris.
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
              Just saw where Cambell is out for the season and is having ankle surgery on Wednesday. That is so sad. He is fun to watch, although I have only caught a few games at the begining of season.
              He must be crushed, heading into the playoffs, and watching his team play from the sidelines.

Go Ferris.
              I doubt he'll be on the sidelines. Word is he even checked out of his apartment. I may be eating my words, but I doubt if he's even in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I doubt he'll be on the sidelines. Word is he even checked out of his apartment. I may be eating my words, but I doubt if he's even in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Holly Dawg View Post
                  Jayru Campbell needs surgery on his ankle. He is out for the year.
                  Kaboom - Da Mules by 12.

Comment

Kaboom - Da Mules by 12.
                    The Back up was the starter against NWMSU playoff off game - FSU had 608 yards of offense that day - With the back up you will see Saturday.....Also - had 287 yards passing and almost 80 yards rushing against Grand Valley 2 weeks ago...

So we will be your Huckleberry ... I will take FSU +12 at Home...great to be the home Dawg...

Comment

My understanding is he's having the surgery now and will try and rehab and get ready for a pro day down the road this year. Most of his effectiveness (and the offenses) comes from his mobility so playing with a bum ankle impacts the entire O.

Russell and Cummings have enough game experience to get the job done (hopefully).

Comment

Kaboom - Da Mules by 12.
                        I would suggest you watch the tape on the quote backup guy...honestly there are many Ferris State fans that will tell you this team is better with Russell at QB..he is reliable, not selfish, team player that is smart and will take 20 hits for every one that Jayru will endure and keep playing instead of tapping out. Error free football wins a lot of games with time of year. Da Mules might win for sure but it will NOT be due to the lack of Jayru.

Comment

No not really. Ferris hasn't missed a beat. With all the athletes handling the ball, one person does not matter in TA's offense.

Comment

He had issues in high school and was going to Michigan State. Ended up in a JUCO Garden City, won a Natty there as a receiver and has obviously done very well in Big Rapids. Everybody deserves a second chance and he has made the most of it. Tough season on injuries tho. Non throwing elbow surgery this summer slowed hi return then the in game against SVSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

I would suggest you watch the tape on the quote backup guy...honestly there are many Ferris State fans that will tell you this team is better with Russell at QB..he is reliable, not selfish, team player that is smart and will take 20 hits for every one that Jayru will endure and keep playing instead of tapping out. Error free football wins a lot of games with time of year. Da Mules might win for sure but it will NOT be due to the lack of Jayru.
                              Yikes, I didn't realize that Russell was that experienced and good. I may need to walk back my "Kaboom" statement.....lol.

Comment

Yikes, I didn't realize that Russell was that experienced and good. I may need to walk back my "Kaboom" statement.....lol.
                                have a look at the receivers, running backs and slots as well. You might need to gulp some pepto bismol after watching them trying to figure out how to keep that many weapons in check.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X