Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
    If ND wins and NWMS wins and LR wins and Minn wins who goes where
    I think Kato would host NWMSU, NDC/LR is too close to call though. I can see either team hosting honestly.

Comment

NW is 50-17 in Playoffs and 8 of those loses came to National Champions and 2 more were to National runners up so the teams able to beat NW have done well.

Comment

Back on topic: The dawgs' secondary is one of the best in the country, and Braden Wright went 12-24 for 150 yards on Saturday. If NW needs him to be The Guy to win this game, they're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
          Back on topic: The dawgs' secondary is one of the best in the country, and Braden Wright went 12-24 for 150 yards on Saturday. If NW needs him to be The Guy to win this game, they're gonna have a bad time.
          He went 16-28 for 154 yds and 5 sacks against Harding. QB and O line play will be big for NW.

Comment

This game will come down to which Northwest offense gets off the bus. If last week's offense shows up will be a great game I would say NW by 7. Now if the offense that showed up for Harding game then it will be a very very long day and the dogs will bark long and load. FSU by 14. If we can run the ball and soak up the clock we win. If FSU stops the run then it's a long day. Are passing game sucks a big one over throws all the time or the receivers are running the wrong pattern. If both teams plays there best it will be a great help if you to watch.

Comment

Everyone talks a lot about the Ferris St offense which I understand completely. But that defense is quite impressive and I feel can carry them through this round. NWMSU always seems to be in the hunt this time of the year no matter who they play or where, a lot of respect for that program. Definitely looking forward to this heavyweight battle, NWMSU defense is always nasty and flies around the field. Good luck to both teams!

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
                Everyone talks a lot about the Ferris St offense which I understand completely. But that defense is quite impressive and I feel can carry them through this round. NWMSU always seems to be in the hunt this time of the year no matter who they play or where, a lot of respect for that program. Definitely looking forward to this heavyweight battle, NWMSU defense is always nasty and flies around the field. Good luck to both teams!
                We've done a complete 180 in one offseason. The defense last year was mediocre while the offense was amazing. This year, the defense dragged the offense to wins in games where they lost four and six(!) fumbles.

Comment

We've done a complete 180 in one offseason. The defense last year was mediocre while the offense was amazing. This year, the defense dragged the offense to wins in games where they lost four and six(!) fumbles.
                  I don't think Ferris wins with 4 turnovers, less than that and they should be ok. A fast start would help. Get up 2 or 3 scores to force NW to throw, then just pick'em off with impunity

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

I don't think Ferris wins with 4 turnovers, less than that and they should be ok. A fast start would help. Get up 2 or 3 scores to force NW to throw, then just pick'em off with impunity
                    My point was more that we were giving away extra possessions like candy for a while there, and still managed to win 8/10 by two scores or more. It looks like the fumble luck may finally be back after last week though. 3 fumbles against CMo. but none lost is... not great, but improvement.

Comment

I will be witnessing the "rubber match" between these two. Watched the Regional Championship loss in 2016 at NW when my boy was a freshman, then last year's win in Big Rapids. This is going to be a great game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietz View Post
                        I will be witnessing the "rubber match" between these two. Watched the Regional Championship loss in 2016 at NW when my boy was a freshman, then last year's win in Big Rapids. This is going to be a great game to watch.
                        I hate to be that guy, but we played NW in the semifinals in 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dietz View Post
                          Remember this well, great team now can we return what was given to us?

Comment

I hate to be that guy, but we played NW in the semifinals in 2016
                            You're right, my bad

Comment

Getting back on topic, I'm truly excited that Marvin Campbell is finally coming into his own as a player. He was the lead back on a state champ team in 2014, RS in 2015, buried on the depth chart in 2016, injured most of 2017, and wasn't the focal point of the offense last year as RB1. It's awesome to see two guys like TRuss and Marv leading this team after all they've been through at Ferris.

Comment

Getting back on topic, I'm truly excited that Marvin Campbell is finally coming into his own as a player. He was the lead back on a state champ team in 2014, RS in 2015, buried on the depth chart in 2016, injured most of 2017, and wasn't the focal point of the offense last year as RB1. It's awesome to see two guys like TRuss and Marv leading this team after all they've been through at Ferris.
                                Yeah they definitely put their time in. I think Campbell is a big part of the reason teams get worn down in the 2nd half. Dude is a punisher when he gets squared up. Between his power running and Tyler Minor a threat to hit a big one with a small crease, this is definitely the most explosive our RB position has been that I can remember.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X