Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to tube the Muskegon River?

I always love it when West Florida plays a new team and I can learn a little about the opposing school's area. It looks cool how the river runs by your campus and I was wondering when the water warms up enough for tubing. It looks like a fun place to change up the mid-August summer heat for a week or so.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Never. You couldn't pay me to go tubing, let alone on the Muskegon River. If you want a good time in Michigan during the summer, get an airbnb on the beach. Now that's a good way to take a load off in the mid-August summer heat.

Comment

Well I do quite a bit of beach time so something a little different sounded fun.
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I LOVED tubing down the Muskegon back when I was a student. We usually could do it the last couple of weeks of the school year and the first month or so in the fall.
        spent one summer on campus torwards the end, we must have went a half a dozen times. We loved it
        The farther south you go the scenery is beautiful, saw a mink once, great memories on that river for sure.
        Safe travels to all the West Florida contingent heading g North.

Comment

The great tubing days in the summer in early 90's. Staying at school in the summer - school in morning, work out with teammates and then off to the bar on river and float down river for 4 hours. Then a bus picks you up and back to campus. We would put a keg in a tube and tied all the tubes around the keg and float away. Don't get me wrong we also would go to Grand Haven and hit the beach or going to one of 1000 lakes in Michigan. A lot to do outdoors in Michigan....

Comment

Sounds like a blast to me! I wouldn't trade my time at UWF for anything, but maybe I should have taken a summer class or two at Ferris State one summer. :)
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Well the good news is that you will not have to worry about mosquitos this weekend. Bring your sunblock and welcome to Michigan. For those of you driving from Florida you will know the moment you cross into the state by the way your car drives on our soon to be gravel roads.

Comment

Thank you, Mrs. Melon.
                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Now would be a good time to go tubing on the Muskegon to celebrate your victory over the 'Dawgs. But, wear a snow suit and have a snowmobile tow your tube on the ice.

Comment

Haha, that sounds like a blast.
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X