Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah B.F. a couple of times (maybe once) they zeroed in on players holding the belt up like the game was over,.
    I feel sorry for the Dog's... they have so much talent, and to lose just by themselves tripping up..

Hope Anese stays another year.
    <>

Comment

A couple observations from this game and this region really.

1. Everyone makes a big deal about Jayru Campbell not being there, but I really think Ferris State missed Sy Barnett more, he was able to do several different things, including punting duties at times, but he was able to make Xavier Wade an incredible #2 WR as opposed to him having to be the lead WR. Both of these players contributed to Ferris State not being able to throw the ball better late in the year. However, when you rush the ball the way they can, they don't need to throw it much.

2. If you are going to have an issue with Ferris State's turnover belt, then you need to have an issue with almost every D1 program doing a variation of the same thing. I am not the biggest fan of these type of things either, but they are created to put an emphasis on creating turnovers for a defense, not to rub it in the face of anyone.

3. My biggest pet peeve with Message Boards are people throwing around "classless and/or dirty" labels. That is a pretty heavy label to put on a program, and it is something that is developed over time, not a one game sample size. I watched the GVSU-Ferris game, and there was trash talk going both ways, I watched the NW Missouri-Ferris game, and there was plenty of talk going both ways. I am okay with you not liking it when it happens to your team, but I am not okay with you only seeing one side of it and turning a blind eye to your own side. There is a lot of emotion in this game, especially at this point in the season and with teams who see each other a lot in big games. I don't think trash talk is classless, I think it is the build up of a lot of emotion and stress and hardwork coming out for these guys. Now if you coupled that with some cheap shots, and refusal to shake hands post game, or something more than just a little back and fourth, then I will agree with you. But let's not jump to conclusions here either.

4. This was probably the worst game I have ever seen Ferris State play, and it was really only a 10 minute or so stretch in the late third quarter and start of the fourth. If Ferris State's WR get the ball in the end zone or goes down at the 1, and Ferris score there, they are most likely making arrangements to head to Texas. At the same time, I don't care how old West Florida's program is, that is a LOADED team, with an incredible coaching staff, and they fully deserve to be where they are. Congratulations to Coach Shinnick.

All in all it has been a great year in DII football, I enjoy reading all of your input each week, so keep it up, and let's enjoy what should be an incredible game on Saturday!
      Twitter: @CoachCorpe

Comment

My final thoughts: Replace "Jason figured it out" with "SIX TURNOVERS?" and you've got it
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4dqFiL3hIY
        Last edited by Mk63NuclearBomb; 12-16-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Corpe View Post

1. Everyone makes a big deal about Jayru Campbell not being there, but I really think Ferris State missed Sy Barnett more, he was able to do several different things, including punting duties at times, but he was able to make Xavier Wade an incredible #2 WR as opposed to him having to be the lead WR. Both of these players contributed to Ferris State not being able to throw the ball better late in the year. However, when you rush the ball the way they can, they don't need to throw it much.

2. If you are going to have an issue with Ferris State's turnover belt, then you need to have an issue with almost every D1 program doing a variation of the same thing. I am not the biggest fan of these type of things either, but they are created to put an emphasis on creating turnovers for a defense, not to rub it in the face of anyone.

3. My biggest pet peeve with Message Boards are people throwing around "classless and/or dirty" labels. That is a pretty heavy label to put on a program, and it is something that is developed over time, not a one game sample size. I watched the GVSU-Ferris game, and there was trash talk going both ways, I watched the NW Missouri-Ferris game, and there was plenty of talk going both ways. I am okay with you not liking it when it happens to your team, but I am not okay with you only seeing one side of it and turning a blind eye to your own side. There is a lot of emotion in this game, especially at this point in the season and with teams who see each other a lot in big games. I don't think trash talk is classless, I think it is the build up of a lot of emotion and stress and hardwork coming out for these guys. Now if you coupled that with some cheap shots, and refusal to shake hands post game, or something more than just a little back and fourth, then I will agree with you. But let's not jump to conclusions here either.

4. This was probably the worst game I have ever seen Ferris State play, and it was really only a 10 minute or so stretch in the late third quarter and start of the fourth. If Ferris State's WR get the ball in the end zone or goes down at the 1, and Ferris score there, they are most likely making arrangements to head to Texas. At the same time, I don't care how old West Florida's program is, that is a LOADED team, with an incredible coaching staff, and they fully deserve to be where they are. Congratulations to Coach Shinnick.

All in all it has been a great year in DII football, I enjoy reading all of your input each week, so keep it up, and let's enjoy what should be an incredible game on Saturday!
          Well in as much as you are a coach at Ferris one might think you are just a little biased in your assessments of view on classless or the like but I do agree with your game comments. Amazed that Ferris would have their staff posting on a message board also but welcome to the fray! Yes WF is loaded with transfers and they are a solid team and their coaching staff seems very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Corpe View Post

I said before the program plaid their first game that I have no doubt they'll be a powerhouse in no time. They certainly have reached that point I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

Well in as much as you are a coach at Ferris one might think you are just a little biased in your assessments of view on classless or the like but I do agree with your game comments. Amazed that Ferris would have their staff posting on a message board also but welcome to the fray! Yes WF is loaded with transfers and they are a solid team and their coaching staff seems very good.
              Twitter: @CoachCorpe

Comment

Yeah, calling it classless is absurd. The person who said that is not even a West Florida fan. He's just a dude who gets mad at everyone and everything. Ferris State has a heck of a football program and their team and coaching staff played with a lot of class in the game. Easy to see why they have won so many games.
                * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

But they have the "Bull-Dog Belt" , which players wore, when they scored or made a big play. Zero class.
                  Not sure how this is classless? Seem to be stretching quite a bit. You're calling A LOT of programs classless if this is your definition of it. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not sure how this is classless? Seem to be stretching quite a bit. You're calling A LOT of programs classless if this is your definition of it. Yikes.
                    Name one program. I said showing a WWF title belt is a little much. Never ragged on any program.
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Name one program. I said showing a WWF title belt is a little much. Never ragged on any program.
                      You said "zero class" (aka classless, as in lacking class) not that it was a little much. Name one program that does this, or something similar? You really need me to do that for you?

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X