Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to think that if it were simply going to be an internal hire, we would have heard about it already. Perhaps the guys we were/are aiming to talk to were/are still playing? Definitely agree that this needs to be a systemic/schematic overhaul, and that a simple internal promotion won't facilitate that. I realize that a full overhaul is no small undertaking, but the evidence in support of it is more than overwhelming (IMO) at this point. A big change/shift is definitely in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
      I would like to think that if it were simply going to be an internal hire, we would have heard about it already. Perhaps the guys we were/are aiming to talk to were/are still playing? Definitely agree that this needs to be a systemic/schematic overhaul, and that a simple internal promotion won't facilitate that. I realize that a full overhaul is no small undertaking, but the evidence in support of it is more than overwhelming (IMO) at this point. A big change/shift is definitely in order.
      I believe you are spot on. Word from some of the players is that a new OC will be an outside hire and yes one would hope that a coach that is still working would mean that their schemes must be pretty good. I dont think GVSU is in dire straights but Coach Mitchell is looking for a new OC to take them back to the Natty level that they expected to be at. Honestly GVSU was a few plays away from a perfect season as well as a few plays away from a 7-4 season as well. Hopefully a new OC will take advantage of all the returning talent and get GVSU back to the promise land.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

I believe you are spot on. Word from some of the players is that a new OC will be an outside hire and yes one would hope that a coach that is still working would mean that their schemes must be pretty good. I dont think GVSU is in dire straights but Coach Mitchell is looking for a new OC to take them back to the Natty level that they expected to be at. Honestly GVSU was a few plays away from a perfect season as well as a few plays away from a 7-4 season as well. Hopefully a new OC will take advantage of all the returning talent and get GVSU back to the promise land.
        I mean...I think GV is going to be a year away no matter who the OC is. They're going to have their work cut out in 2020, regardless.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I mean...I think GV is going to be a year away no matter who the OC is. They're going to have their work cut out in 2020, regardless.
          The Lakers lose one starter on offense this year...Paritee...with all that experience back what makes you think the offense will haves it work cut out in 2020? I suppose if they make a huge scheme change perhaps..are you talking team over all or offense. I thought this thread was about offense.

Comment

The Lakers lose one starter on offense this year...Paritee...with all that experience back what makes you think the offense will haves it work cut out in 2020? I suppose if they make a huge scheme change perhaps..are you talking team over all or offense. I thought this thread was about offense.
            I'm talking about the offense only. We are going to be limited on offense no matter who the OC is.

Comment

I'm not sure it would be in Mitchell's best interest to promote from within. His biggest problem is the system in place and you're not going to fix the system in place by promoting someone from within that system. He has reached the end of the line of the patience of many fans and I would imagine that if he wants to buy himself more time, it will be by way of a total refresh with an OC from the outside. An internal promotion just sends him down the road Mark Dantonio paved.

Comment

Show your work...LOL...a few new wideouts, all those running backs, four QBs to pick from, the whole O line back basically and I think the new OC is gonna have a lot going forward...GVSU did lose some key guys on the defense...kicking game is good...punting needs some help. I guess we will see...

Comment

Show your work...LOL...a few new wideouts, all those running backs, four QBs to pick from, the whole O line back basically and I think the new OC is gonna have a lot going forward...GVSU did lose some key guys on the defense...kicking game is good...punting needs some help. I guess we will see...
                  We have a returning senior QB. He's going to start. Ergo, we're going to be limited on offense.

Comment

We have a returning senior QB. He's going to start. Ergo, we're going to be limited on offense.

Comment

I mean he has started for 1.5 seasons now. It feels like there isn't much more improvement to be had.
                      Last edited by KleShreen; 12-30-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Comment

GV has a really good transfer corner coming in.

Comment

So tell, us, how do you know this? Heck, we won't even know this at spring since he has to sit out. Odds are that the QB spot is open than it being already determined at this point. And the concussion issue could also be on his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So tell, us, how do you know this? Heck, we won't even know this at spring since he has to sit out. Odds are that the QB spot is open than it being already determined at this point. And the concussion issue could also be on his mind.
                              Logic.

When was the last time GV benched a QB who started the entire season before, not due to injury? There's zero chance he isn't starting week one in 2020 if he's on the roster. This coaching staff wouldn't do that. They're not going to throw a 1.5-year starter out of the spot as a senior. There's no chance.

Comment

Logic.

When was the last time GV benched a QB who started the entire season before, not due to injury? There's zero chance he isn't starting week one in 2020 if he's on the roster. This coaching staff wouldn't do that. They're not going to throw a 1.5-year starter out of the spot as a senior. There's no chance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X