Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama and Florida both switched QB's due to injury to the starter. Jalen Hurts got injured, so Tua came in, performed well, and Jalen transferred. Feleipe Franks got hurt, Kyle Trask came in, and now Franks is probably transferring. They didn't bench them due to ineffectiveness except for last year's title game for Alabama when Hurts was garbage in the first half.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      GV has a really good transfer corner coming in.
      I haven't heard anything about this. Do we have a name yet?

Comment

Devin Haney. Northern Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          Devin Haney. Northern Illinois.
          That should help hopefully!

Upon looking him up, I also saw this from a former Ball State player:

He's a running back, though, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get with everyone else there. He apparently played some slot WR, though, which would be a need.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

That should help hopefully!

Upon looking him up, I also saw this from a former Ball State player:

He's a running back, though, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get with everyone else there. He apparently played some slot WR, though, which would be a need.
            The have a transfers at WR from Ind State (not a slot thou), OL from Minn and S from DuPage as well.
            Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 12-31-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

Logic.

When was the last time GV benched a QB who started the entire season before, not due to injury? There's zero chance he isn't starting week one in 2020 if he's on the roster. This coaching staff wouldn't do that. They're not going to throw a 1.5-year starter out of the spot as a senior. There's no chance.
                When was the last time GV had a fairly vanilla QB performance with younger quality backups on the roster? I'm not saying that Cole should be benched or Cade or someone else will start over Cole. I am saying that it is not a lock. There are more variables than ever about the QB. Some are on Cole's mindset to return and no spring ball. Others are on improvements from others or (low probability IMO) a brand new face. Finally, a brand new OC can be the biggest wild card. So, no, it's no lock.

You seem to take a definitive route IMO, so I'll take the fanboy route. If Cole starts, it'll be because he's the better talent behind center.

As for transfers, there may also be a new stud WR on the roster next season. We'll see how school goes first. And almost without saying, with the schedule, the first month of the season will say a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

When was the last time GV had a fairly vanilla QB performance with younger quality backups on the roster? I'm not saying that Cole should be benched or Cade or someone else will start over Cole. I am saying that it is not a lock. There are more variables than ever about the QB. Some are on Cole's mindset to return and no spring ball. Others are on improvements from others or (low probability IMO) a brand new face. Finally, a brand new OC can be the biggest wild card. So, no, it's no lock.

You seem to take a definitive route IMO, so I'll take the fanboy route. If Cole starts, it'll be because he's the better talent behind center.

As for transfers, there may also be a new stud WR on the roster next season. We'll see how school goes first. And almost without saying, with the schedule, the first month of the season will say a ton.
                  Do you think the coaching staff believes Cole's performance wasn't up to par?

Comment

I think they believe none of the QB's were up to par. There just wasn't much consistency. I suspect Barko did what he needed, but I don't think he had the chance. AND I'm not saying that he should have had a better chance either.

The WR's being in and out didn't help, but they weren't throwing the balls. I don't have inside info, but after those early season pics, Cole just looked to be too cautious. I'm not sure he ever broke out of it. And then there were games where guys were open and the QB (Cade and Cole) didn't even see them. And pick your game, I bet we all can point to a bunch of "why did he do thats."

Comment

Comment

Based on Twitter it looks like GVSU is getting some nice transfers and with a few returning guys healthy and a new OC I think every position is going to be up from grabs, QB, RB and all the recievers. The TE position looks solid and the young O line was much improved. With Cole missing all of spring ball I think that the job is wide open for someone. Who knows what the new OC will want to run and which players fit that plan the best. If I am at GVSU as a player I think it is a golden opportunity to get playing time no matter where you were last year on the depth chart. West Florida got there by throwing the ball all over the place...Minn State was a power run team...it all works..exciting times at GVSU right now.

Comment

Heard they're interviewing this week. Any names/backgrounds yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                            Heard they're interviewing this week. Any names/backgrounds yet?

Comment

https://gvsulakers.com/news/2020/1/2...ordinator.aspx

Comment

I like it. Oklahoma State has constantly had some of the best offenses in the country. It doesn't really mention what he did at Oklahoma State, though. Just says he was on staff. Guess we'll see what happens. Seems promising, though.

I'm not sure what to think about his year at Texas State being the TE's coach, though. They threw the ball a lot, but the tight ends only combined for 7 catches for 51 yards on the year. Maybe they were just used as blockers?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X