Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Maybe the new OC will tone it down and only admire Stalin, Mussolini or Mao Zedong.

Comment

I can understand not wanting to cancel the guy, but even saying you want to have dinner with Hitler is lending the dude WAY more credence than he deserves. He was a one-trick pony, and his one trick was blaming the Jews, Slavs, Roma, various other non-whites, and everyone else not of German descent for Germany's problems.

Comment

Not really that easy as far as Hitler gaining followers, but this was a pretty stupid response by the OC. One can only hope he has better judgment when calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsix98 View Post
            Maybe the new OC will tone it down and only admire Stalin, Mussolini or Mao Zedong.
            Well, you know they used to say that Mussolini made the trains run on time. But he used to have matronly women come up to his office where he would rape them, kind of like LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsix98 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

I can understand not wanting to cancel the guy, but even saying you want to have dinner with Hitler is lending the dude WAY more credence than he deserves. He was a one-trick pony, and his one trick was blaming the Jews, Slavs, Roma, various other non-whites, and everyone else not of German descent for Germany's problems.

Comment

Comment

Coaching weakness: Forgets to engage brain before opening cake-hole

Comment

Where I come from you would just get canned for saying stuff like that. I wouldn't have any sympathy for him if that is his fate. In fact, I'm not sure how a public university is going to be able to retain him. "Too PC" - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Where I come from you would just get canned for saying stuff like that. I wouldn't have any sympathy for him if that is his fate. In fact, I'm not sure how a public university is going to be able to retain him. "Too PC" - Wow!
                        So because a history major expresses an interest to sit down with bad guy for dinner to probe him, the individual deserves to lose his livelihood for who knows how long? Even though he stated that the bad guy is a bad guy? Sure, words unfortunately have consequences these days, but said consequence should be commensurate with them. Maybe a learning/training experience for all would be of more value. More risky for sure, but more than likely, much more productive for all.

Comment

Frankly, I am more disturbed with the athletic department's efforts to censor the student newspaper's story. Whoever directed that to occur should also be suspended and investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

So because a history major expresses an interest to sit down with bad guy for dinner to probe him, the individual deserves to lose his livelihood for who knows how long? Even though he stated that the bad guy is a bad guy? Sure, words unfortunately have consequences these days, but said consequence should be commensurate with them. Maybe a learning/training experience for all would be of more value. More risky for sure, but more than likely, much more productive for all.
                            Unfortunately? Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                              Frankly, I am more disturbed with the athletic department's efforts to censor the student newspaper's story. Whoever directed that to occur should also be suspended and investigated.
                              This type of thing happens all the time. I didn't have any info but suspected that's what happened.

Comment

This has put the university in the national spotlight in an extremely bad way (Yahoo, MSNBC, FOX News, CNN). What's worse is keeping this charade up that he's "suspended" while they investigate. There's nothing to investigate, the words are in print (which they tried to cover up, not a good look either). GV needs to cut their losses if they haven't already, move on and put this behind them as fast as possible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X