• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marge_Schott

Reminds me of this fall out after "leadership" comments

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
      This has put the university in the national spotlight in an extremely bad way (Yahoo, MSNBC, FOX News, CNN). What's worse is keeping this charade up that he's "suspended" while they investigate. There's nothing to investigate, the words are in print (which they tried to cover up, not a good look either). GV needs to cut their losses if they haven't already, move on and put this behind them as fast as possible.
      For the second time in a few months, no less. The whole student senate situation with the voting to remove the pledge of allegiance from meetings followed two weeks later by the school forcing them to reverse their vote. Both items in that saga made national news. They have two roads they can go down...Address the elephant in the room and recognize they've screwed up and will learn from it or they can brush it under the rug and pretend it never happened. Something tells me it will be the latter.

Comment

So the OC hasn't been in place for even a month and already this has GVSU in the national news? I agree with DawgUp, time to cut ties and move on with another search...

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
          So the OC hasn't been in place for even a month and already this has GVSU in the national news? I agree with DawgUp, time to cut ties and move on with another search...
          He's barely been in place for A WEEK, let alone a month
          Last edited by Mk63NuclearBomb; 01-29-2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

He's resigned.

does anyone think this effects MM? Has to look poorly on him for hiring the dude.. just waiting until signing day?

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post
              He's resigned.

does anyone think this effects MM? Has to look poorly on him for hiring the dude.. just waiting until signing day?
              How does anyone think that MM could have any idea of what this guy would say in an interview like that. You are reaching here...even the University said in their background checks there were not signs of any issues. The guy made a serious mistake in judgement and he is gone. I would say good for MM for not trying to save the guy that would be an issue going forward. Wish Berger the best with his career but you cant fault MM for this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

How does anyone think that MM could have any idea of what this guy would say in an interview like that. You are reaching here...even the University said in their background checks there were not signs of any issues. The guy made a serious mistake in judgement and he is gone. I would say good for MM for not trying to save the guy that would be an issue going forward. Wish Berger the best with his career but you cant fault MM for this one...
                Two of his three choices are responsible for, or participated in, genocide. Out of all the people in history to choose...Hitler and Columbus? "Come on man!"

Comment

the Lanthorn's article

https://lanthorn.com/73481/news/brea...s-resignation/

I can't imagine what his twitter mentions have looked like for the last week...

Comment

I suppose we will never know who in the athletic department put the pressure on to remove the Hitler portion of the interview.

Comment

• day?

aunt peg... unfortunately in this unpredictable profession that's how it goes.... MM would have no idea something so bonehead would take place... but a reflection of his hire. Which case in point why the dept tried to cover it up... which also if they were looking to get rid of the dude this would be their "out"

Comment

• Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                        I suppose we will never know who in the athletic department put the pressure on to remove the Hitler portion of the interview.
                        I suppose the answer is right in front of us...

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Where I come from you would just get canned for saying stuff like that. I wouldn't have any sympathy for him if that is his fate. In fact, I'm not sure how a public university is going to be able to retain him. "Too PC" - Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                            We'll see if the Lanthorn editor has the ba!!s to publish that info. After all, inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• "Back in my day you couldn't get fired for being a dumbass."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

"Back in my day you couldn't get fired for being a dumbass."
                                Basically the attitude of many. Society is soft now because racism, sexism, and bigotry is no longer tolerated. Oh the humanity!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X