Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

We'll see if the Lanthorn editor has the ba!!s to publish that info. After all, inquiring minds want to know.
    I'm not all that interested in who the who is. It's a systemic issue. Any one individual is only going along with the broader cultural structure that is in place.

Comment

• Comment

• Just saw this while I was looking for signing day news

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ts/4654669002/

Long story short: It's to cover salary and lost benefits, didn't come from tuition dollars, no one admits fault, and eliminates the possibility of legal action by either party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
          Just saw this while I was looking for signing day news

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ts/4654669002/

Long story short: It's to cover salary and lost benefits, didn't come from tuition dollars, no one admits fault, and eliminates the possibility of legal action by either party.
          It would appear to be a good business decision really. Everyone wipes their hands of this mess and moves on. I wonder if Mr Berger will have many schools looking at him after this or if it is going to take some time to let this blow over. Neither side wins in a mess like this but I go GVSU did the right thing in the long run.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	483918
            according to this tweet- GVSU could probably have been looking for more than an OC if MSU didn't go with Mel Tucker.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aunt Peg View Post

It would appear to be a good business decision really. Everyone wipes their hands of this mess and moves on. I wonder if Mr Berger will have many schools looking at him after this or if it is going to take some time to let this blow over. Neither side wins in a mess like this but I go GVSU did the right thing in the long run.
              What a complete waste of money. I'll say stupid things for 90k too, where do I sign up? I mean, I do it right now for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

What a complete waste of money. I'll say stupid things for 90k too, where do I sign up? I mean, I do it right now for free.
                He's only getting paid because he signed the contract first. You have to be good enough to get paid 90k for something and THEN say something stupid enough to get you fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

He's only getting paid because he signed the contract first. You have to be good enough to get paid 90k for something and THEN say something stupid enough to get you fired.
                  True that.

Comment

• Comment

• If I were to bet, internal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If I were to bet, internal.
                        Vitzthum? Would be my guess just cuz he's been there awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If I were to bet, internal.

Comment

• It is Vitzthum. The wide receivers position is now posted on the job board. Personally, I like Matt. He's a good guy and I'm happy for him. However, I don't see how this is going to inject anything new into the program. He has worked under and learned from two OCs that led some very ho-hum offenses. The team needed something new and I doubt they're going to get it. My guess is that you'll likely see more of the same schemes that got the last two guys demoted or canned. But hey...Maybe Mitchell finally learned that throwing 50/50 deep balls all day, every week isn't cutting it anymore.

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, would have liked to have kept the first guy, even with the uproar about his commits about Hitler. Pity that he couldn't have just come up with somebody else to throw out there instead of Hitler. Maybe Napoleon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X