Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Valley Schedule 2019

Re: Grand Valley Schedule 2019

Lakers played Dixie State on Oct. 6 and it looks like this year's open date is Nov. 2, so GLIAC schedule rotation?

Comment

Comment

The other issue is how the RMAC's schedule rotation plays out. Just because GV has their open date in the GLIAC schedule on November 2, that doesn't mean that Dixie State has that same open date on their RMAC schedule.

Dixie State's open date, according to the RMAC's approved schedule, is Oct. 12, the same date Grand Valley hosts Saginaw Valley.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

No H@H with Dixie. Was a one-game contract.

Comment

It is too late to get a game in there during the bye at this point, I would think.

Maybe having a bye week before the Ferris game isn't the worst idea. Hahaha
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

William Jewell and Adams State show open dates on 11/2 on this site. Might not be the greatest competition but I'd like to see an 11 game schedule. Anyone know if KB is still trying to fill that date?

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                William Jewell and Adams State show open dates on 11/2 on this site. Might not be the greatest competition but I'd like to see an 11 game schedule. Anyone know if KB is still trying to fill that date?
                Adams I could see maybe if they were at home, but William Jewel gives you no playoff points and you MIGHT get someone hurt in a meaningless game...IF they add an 11th game make it worth while...A week off before Ferris State doesnt sound all that bad either however...get healed up some, rest up...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                  Adams I could see maybe if they were at home, but William Jewel gives you no playoff points and you MIGHT get someone hurt in a meaningless game...IF they add an 11th game make it worth while...A week off before Ferris State doesnt sound all that bad either however...get healed up some, rest up...
                  You'll have to explain "playoff points" to me. If W J doesn't count towards the nine game requirement, FSU shouldn't have been in the playoffs with nullification factor figured in. An 11th game gives more wiggle room in that regard.

Comment

You'll have to explain "playoff points" to me. If W J doesn't count towards the nine game requirement, FSU shouldn't have been in the playoffs with nullification factor figured in. An 11th game gives more wiggle room in that regard.
                    They do count. But it's likely that ones SOS takes a hit. Kind of like DSU did to GV last season. Maybe DSU might be as bad, record wise, this year, so GV could have 2 duds on its schedule. And nullification factor/wiggle room? What does that have to do with scheduling an 11th game? The penalty to FSU impacted it's W/L and SOS numbers. And the 4 game penalty essentially equated to a loss. I'm not expecting GV to ever be subject to such a penalty... and would never use that potential as a reason to schedule an 11th game.

For me, it's a tough call. I'd love another contest, but there are pluses to having an open date just before ones toughest match-up of the season. I would be all in if GV could leave that slot open and somehow get a waiver to have the 11th game the week before Edinboro. But the odds for that may not even exist.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsthortonmelon View Post
                      adams i could see maybe if they were at home, but william jewel gives you no playoff points and you might get someone hurt in a meaningless game...if they add an 11th game make it worth while...a week off before ferris state doesnt sound all that bad either however...get healed up some, rest up...
                      but i could attend the game!

Comment

[QUOTE=Redwing;2338846]They do count. But it's likely that ones SOS takes a hit.

For me, it's a tough call. I'd love another contest, but there are pluses to having an open date just before ones toughest match-up of the season.

So, there should be no excuse to lose to FSU next year with an extra week to prepare and get healthy and rested.
                        Or, if/when GV loses, will the MM bandwagon say we were rusty. Just playing devils advocate. I say play 11 games. As long as I can remember, GV would play anyone anywhere anytime. Let's do what it takes to fill the bye week and build the players experience level and confidence

Comment

[QUOTE=4nick8;2338939]
                          Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                          They do count. But it's likely that ones SOS takes a hit.

For me, it's a tough call. I'd love another contest, but there are pluses to having an open date just before ones toughest match-up of the season.

So, there should be no excuse to lose to FSU next year with an extra week to prepare and get healthy and rested.
                          Or, if/when GV loses, will the MM bandwagon say we were rusty. Just playing devils advocate. I say play 11 games. As long as I can remember, GV would play anyone anywhere anytime. Let's do what it takes to fill the bye week and build the players experience level and confidence
                          Devi's advocate? Sure:confused:

A bye never guarantees a win. Never said it would. You asked how this matters for playoffs, then you make some snarky comment about a potential loss.(Do we really need to bring in MM dislike to a scheduling thread? WTF?) ,

As far as filling the slot.... GV is trying. And based on GV's track record, they are the last school to be accused of not wanting to fill open dates. Name ANY team that has routinely gone as far as GV has to play others (maybe some GNAC school, but you know what I mean.) You can't play yourself you know. And opinions are all over the place, but there are valid points as to having or not having an open date and who ones competition would be. As I mentioned, I can see both sides on this. You seem to want to play anyone. You know that comments will appear about GV filling in their schedule with creampuffs if that happens. To each there own.

Comment

Is it even possible to fill the GV DATE at this point?

Comment

Not wanting to play 11 games is definitely NOT the issue. The week that we have open needs to have someone else with an open week that WANTS/IS WILLING to play us. Just because we ask someone to play us doesn't mean they will...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X