Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    Do they actually talk about football in the Off Topic board...maybe that might be better than this steaming pile of ...well you know...
    I haven't watched Mad Max yet (I plan too), nor have I bothered visiting that board in a while - but an accurate way to describe it is "Welcome to the Thunderdome."

This is relatively tame by comparison. At least we aren't hurling insults at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

When I signed up Brandon told me there would be NO math. Math sucks...
      I make no guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

3) See #1 - also, I don't recall where we specified criminal vs. civil. Non-protected speech is non-protected speech. It's weird how you chose this example and not the other two I provided which are very much criminal though.

EDIT - I just wanted to toss in here that I'm enjoying this and there are certainly no hard feelings on my end. Even though we may disagree, I still think you're the best forum admin on the planet *insert thumbs up emoji here*
        Again, since my initial response was to KleShreen's post:

Which freedoms or rights are being taken away right now besides going to get a haircut?
        Which was a response to Thelakerman's:

That's why my comments are related to government infringement and civil arguments are irrelevant. I believe we actually agree on most of these topics and most of this has been wasted time.

Aside from you trying to keep score, I have also enjoyed the conversation. I never take anything personally and I don't care if someone disagrees with my opinion. I only care that people argue in good faith and without snark when a topic is serious.

Comment

4) I think we both know that's what I meant.
          Sorry for the second post. I missed that you had responded. .....

I didn't "know what you meant." I should have posted "you know what I meant" in the first response since I was obviously talking about governmental power and this entire conversation would not exist. Ha Ha Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            *snip*
            I hadn't read the previous discussion and I just jumped right in - which was my fault in hindsight. I understand where you are coming from.

As far as my keeping score comments - that was in response to your comment where you mentioned I was "absolutely wrong" on three of my points, or something to that effect. It's just my patented brand of arrogance. I didn't mean anything by it - but I will admit it was probably excessive and didn't really belong in the convo, so I apologize for that.

I've read enough threads on the Off-Topic board to know how these discussions typically play out - I just wanted to mention that there's no hard feelings on my end, and it's good to know you enjoyed the conversation as well.

Comment

I hadn't read the previous discussion and I just jumped right in - which was my fault in hindsight. I understand where you are coming from.

As far as my keeping score comments - that was in response to your comment where you mentioned I was "absolutely wrong" on three of my points, or something to that effect. It's just my patented brand of arrogance. I didn't mean anything by it - but I will admit it was probably excessive and didn't really belong in the convo, so I apologize for that.

I've read enough threads on the Off-Topic board to know how these discussions typically play out - I just wanted to mention that there's no hard feelings on my end, and it's good to know you enjoyed the conversation as well.
              Absolutely. As far as your score keeping, I figured it was in response to my comments about being absolutely wrong.

I never, ever care that someone disagrees with me or says something I said is incorrect or my opinion is flawed. It's a path to self-improvement.

I only care that people operate in good faith. It annoys me that people think snark and sarcasm actually prove points rather than make them look 12-years old.

I probably didn't interpret what you were saying in the way you intended. No worries man.

I actually enjoy being challenged. I don't enjoy people challenging my intent (not saying you did).

Comment

Dang, we could use a Sunday chat... BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Absolutely. As far as your score keeping, I figured it was in response to my comments about being absolutely wrong.

I never, ever care that someone disagrees with me or says something I said is incorrect or my opinion is flawed. It's a path to self-improvement.

I only care that people operate in good faith. It annoys me that people think snark and sarcasm actually prove points rather than make them look 12-years old.

I probably didn't interpret what you were saying in the way you intended. No worries man.

I actually enjoy being challenged. I don't enjoy people challenging my intent (not saying you did).
                  In my opinion, part of our duty as Americans in regards to the First Amendment (and the constitution as a whole) is vigilance. We're supposed to question and discuss when we feel our freedoms are being infringed upon. Regardless if we agree or disagree, I will never fault somebody for questioning whether their 1A rights are being infringed upon. The only exception I have is when someone claims 1A violations purely for attention, or because they aren't getting "their way" with a private entity. I'm not implying that's what you were doing in any way at all though - I think your concerns are very genuine and well placed, again regardless if we agree or disagree on them.

In regards to the religious establishments - personally, I feel people should stay home of either their own accord, or that of the establishment itself. To their credit, many of them did decide to do this. I believe forcing the churches to close is a massive administrative overreach given the circumstances, regardless if it is technically legal or not. My argument was only based on what I felt was legal, and not how I felt about the situation personally.

Anyway, I think we had a good discussion. I'm glad I challenged you, and believe me - you challenged me as well. I had to do some digging to find some of those court documents.

Comment

The higher the level, the better possibility for football this fall, IMHO:
                    95% NFL
                    90% P5
                    85% G5
                    75% FCS
                    50% D2/D3
                    33% High School
                    10% Youth

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                      The higher the level, the better possibility for football this fall, IMHO:
                      95% NFL
                      90% P5
                      85% G5
                      75% FCS
                      50% D2/D3
                      33% High School
                      10% Youth
                      Agree with the sentiment of the higher the level, the better possibility. I'd knock each level of those down about 10-15% confidence however. I think the NFL could pull off a season w/o fans in the stadium but don't see that being the case for college football.

Comment

• Has anyone considered the possibility of some fans being allowed but having to wear face coverings of some kind in the stadium? I think one of the Asian baseball leagues is allowing a very limited amount of masked fans.

IMHO, the % likelihood of HS and youth football will vary by state. Some states (California among them) have almost no chance of HS or youth football IMHO. Other states (such as much of the South, Midwest, and mountain states) have better odds of HS and youth football.

Comment

• Originally posted by ftballfan View Post
                          Has anyone considered the possibility of some fans being allowed but having to wear face coverings of some kind in the stadium? I think one of the Asian baseball leagues is allowing a very limited amount of masked fans.

IMHO, the % likelihood of HS and youth football will vary by state. Some states (California among them) have almost no chance of HS or youth football IMHO. Other states (such as much of the South, Midwest, and mountain states) have better odds of HS and youth football.

Comment

• The State of California just announced all online classes for fall...that means per NCAA that none of them will play football this fall...UCLA, Etc..done for 2020...wow

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                              The State of California just announced all online classes for fall...that means per NCAA that none of them will play football this fall...UCLA, Etc..done for 2020...wow

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                                The State of California just announced all online classes for fall...that means per NCAA that none of them will play football this fall...UCLA, Etc..done for 2020...wow
                                Could this mean a football only merger for 2020 of the non-CA Pac-12 schools with the non-CA Mountain West schools (and adding independent BYU)? Here is what a hypothetical Mountain Pacific conference could end up being:
                                MPC East: Air Force, Boise State, BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, New Mexico, Utah, Utah State, Wyoming
                                MPC West: Arizona, Arizona State, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, UNLV, Washington, Washington State
                                Three-division setup:
                                MPC South: Arizona, Arizona State, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, UNLV
                                MPC West: Boise State, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Wyoming (despite Wyoming being a better geographical fit in the East, they get put in the West division so the three Utah schools could be together)
                                MPC East: Air Force, BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, Utah, Utah State

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X