Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unc4life
    replied
    First I will say I will miss the GLIAC, it was a great conference and I know Ashland was a proud member. That being said, this has been in the works for awhile, and the latest developments with the Corona Virus just pushed it through. With the strain on the economics for higher education cuts were needed, and the GMAC offers a huge advantage with sports travel budgets. Its probably the difference in having to cut a program or reducing programs money and not having too. I know there are still many people in Ashland that never wanted to see this happen, but it just made to much sense not to. Getting to play 5 or 6 teams within an hour drive compared to none is a huge cost saver. While I believe that Ashland wanted to stay in the GLIAC I think they felt the conference was moving farther away from them with every team they added. I'm sure Ashland will still be prominent on many GLIAC schedules, but at the end of the day if this helps strengthen AU's athletics program then it was the right move.

Leave a comment:

• ESU Warrior
    replied
    Tough loss for the GLIAC but geographically I understand it.. Where do you guys go next? Do you think Madonna or Tech make the move over from NAIA? I remember a couple years ago there was discussion about Windsor, a Canadian school correct? I am not to familiar with the geography in your neck of the woods. Not sure if there are close GLVC schools that you can grab? Are there any other members that don't offer football that may look to start?

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    I am sad to see Ashland leave for a number of reasons...one of course is that they always bring a great team to play to the game...I know finances are bad in Ashland right now so this does make sense in a way. Ashland will be the favorite in the GMAC I would think so its probably a good move for them. Hate to see ya leave guys but the GLIAC will survive to fight another day. I am sure some fans will be happy at Ashland...enjoy the new conference kids.
    They might not lose a conference athletic contest in any sport for a while...lol.

Leave a comment:

• champgymusa
    replied
    I am sad to see Ashland leave for a number of reasons...one of course is that they always bring a great team to play to the game...I know finances are bad in Ashland right now so this does make sense in a way. Ashland will be the favorite in the GMAC I would think so its probably a good move for them. Hate to see ya leave guys but the GLIAC will survive to fight another day. I am sure some fans will be happy at Ashland...enjoy the new conference kids.

Leave a comment:

• bankslaker
    replied
    What's the next steps for the GLIAC? As far as football schools, does the GLIAC look at schools in the GLVC? A joint football conference again? What does everyone think?

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    So this leaves the GLIAC with 8 football members right? So we'd need three OOC games to qualify for the postseason?

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    started a topic Ashland to the GMAC

Ashland to the GMAC

For 2021-22.

https://goashlandeagles.com/general/...20200518e5pdhh

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X