Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwood underwater? Flooding looks bad

It would appear from all the TV maps that NU might well be under a couple feet of water by morning...lets keep those folks in our thoughts and prayers..Covid...now this...F Me...thats just bad...

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    It would appear from all the TV maps that NU might well be under a couple feet of water by morning...lets keep those folks in our thoughts and prayers..Covid...now this...F Me...thats just bad...
    Their school Twitter account at about 9 PM said that campus is closed due to flooding. They're right by the river, as well, so I gotta think things are not gonna go well.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Midland had a big flood in 86 and NU was under water. This one is higher so.. gulp. That community will be hurting. One good thing is that there was warning so folks could get out of harms way. Still losses will be tremendous. Tears will be shed. Living through '86 was devastating for some.. this is beyond that.

Comment

This is terrible. There will be so much damage. Like Redwing said, at least the people could get out.

Comment

Yep, Northwood is under water. Look at that new field turf holding up, though.

2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

When did Northwood get turf? I was there in 2000 or 2001 for a playoff game and it was a mud bath.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              Yep, Northwood is under water. Look at that new field turf holding up, though.

Kle you do understand that the turf is floating and that the underlayment is probably gone correct? This field is a total tear out and replacement at this point. Not a total loss by any means but its bad enough....

Comment

Whoever put down the endzone that didn't float deserves a raise.

Comment

Yikes!!!

Comment

Anyone hear anything about plans and timetable to repair Northwood's field???

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      Anyone hear anything about plans and timetable to repair Northwood's field???
                      Nothing definitive, but I'd be betting that it won't be the flood impacts that prevent NU from playing this fall.
                      https://www.ourmidland.com/news/arti...r-15303416.php

Comment

Wow, what a mess, but they do seem confident that the money will come through. I wish them the best.

Comment

Any word yet on how Northwood's field is doing??

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Any word yet on how Northwood's field is doing??
                            I don't have a link, but likely pretty good. They had to do some minor work, but they had larger damages on campus. They do plan to have most back by fall. And actually, even if the field went pfft, they have a local alternative. I don't see that will be called upon. Here's hoping there are games in the GLIAC though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X