Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Announces DII Game Reductions For 2020-21

https://gvsulakers.com/news/2020/5/2...y_ooL78mtB137U

NCAA reduces maximum number of contests for each sport. To see the max contests alloted for each sport, go to this link: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...quirements.pdf

Any local Allendale/Grand Rapids area news about if GVSU is going to keep the trip to Pueblo? I would assume your keeping all GLIAC games and not canceling Homecoming against Assumption, so that leaves either CSU Pueblo or Edinboro on the chopping block.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
      Any local Allendale/Grand Rapids area news about if GVSU is going to keep the trip to Pueblo? I would assume your keeping all GLIAC games and not canceling Homecoming against Assumption, so that leaves either CSU Pueblo or Edinboro on the chopping block.
      I suspect all options are open. Wayne may be an issue due to its location and some comments by their admin early on. Kind of strange for any to commit about anything just yet (soon though). For example Detroit is now doing pretty well today with respect to this beast. I'm thinking it will depend upon how much each admin values the intangible benefits of having games played. Money is a factor, but not like the Big Ten. That's why I speak of the intangible factors. And yes they do matter. And no, I won't get into a debate on value here. I'm just pointing out what Admins are likely going through.

Of course, travel budgets could also come into play. Selfishly, the more games played the better. Here's hoping that they get played!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I suspect all options are open. Wayne may be an issue due to its location and some comments by their admin early on. Kind of strange for any to commit about anything just yet (soon though). For example Detroit is now doing pretty well today with respect to this beast. I'm thinking it will depend upon how much each admin values the intangible benefits of having games played. Money is a factor, but not like the Big Ten. That's why I speak of the intangible factors. And yes they do matter. And no, I won't get into a debate on value here. I'm just pointing out what Admins are likely going through.

Of course, travel budgets could also come into play. Selfishly, the more games played the better. Here's hoping that they get played!

Comment

From what I hear, Edinboro and Pueblo are on, Assumption would be the cancelled game.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dad Tom View Post
            From what I hear, Edinboro and Pueblo are on, Assumption would be the cancelled game.
            OK, that's encouraging, but is the source reliable? I was hearing PSAC was only having conf. games. I don't recall where. Maybe a thread somewhere on this site?

Comment

Comment

Well, we still have our flight booked for Denver. If they play there, I sure hope they'll have enough tix for us visitors. It's not like we'll number in the thousands there. I'm so torn on this schedule thing.. hard to separate what I'd like vs what's best for all. I would think opening vs CSU is tough vs Eboro, but I'll take anything. So much up in the air.

Comment

A few notes from a CSU Pueblo fan. First, I'm thrilled that the game is on (as of now anyway). Second is I wish we were playing our game with Texas A&M Kingsville since you are playing Week 1. But our other 9 games are RMAC games so Kingsville had to go. Third is when you are in Pueblo I recommend going to Gray's Coors Tavern and either getting a green chile slopper or a Johnny cheeseburger. See you in September (I hope).

Comment

Is there a deadline when schools have to finalize their schedules?

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      Is there a deadline when schools have to finalize their schedules?
                      I doubt it, since it's possible for schedules to be adjusted in-season.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interesting. If this comes to fruition, I believe Tiffin being in an adjacent state gives us another In-Region game...which is good. What I find surprising is that we'd be willing to only have four home games for an entire season (presuming the Assumption statements from prior posts also come to pass). To be sure, today's environment throws a lot of things we would normally expect "out the window". Home games may wind up only being about a location, not necessarily an environment for this year. Still, I wonder if there might not be other "adjustments" we could see that would only impact this coming season...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Interesting. If this comes to fruition, I believe Tiffin being in an adjacent state gives us another In-Region game...which is good. What I find surprising is that we'd be willing to only have four home games for an entire season (presuming the Assumption statements from prior posts also come to pass). To be sure, today's environment throws a lot of things we would normally expect "out the window". Home games may wind up only being about a location, not necessarily an environment for this year. Still, I wonder if there might not be other "adjustments" we could see that would only impact this coming season...
                              All GLIAC-GMAC games are in-region since the two conferences share a region in basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X