Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU football season to open September 19!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU football season to open September 19!

Thats the home opener I dont know about the rest of the season but so far the official team site has all games as planned. I know we can only play 10 at THIS point. If you could point me to that reference I will buy you stick of gum. Maybe...LOL

Comment

Huh? We know that they have to drop one game, but I've read nothing officially or otherwise as to which game(s) are scratched. Heck, for all we know, even a conf. game could drop. I do wonder how much travel costs will come into play. Also, if most conferences go no OOC games, that will put a hurt on a few teams. Staying tuned here.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Huh? We know that they have to drop one game, but I've read nothing officially or otherwise as to which game(s) are scratched. Heck, for all we know, even a conf. game could drop. I do wonder how much travel costs will come into play. Also, if most conferences go no OOC games, that will put a hurt on a few teams. Staying tuned here.
        One of the official NCAA D-II releases about lowering the number of contests for this season specifically mentioned that conference contests in each sport would take precedent. I don't know if that means that conference games are specifically *not* able to be canceled, but it makes sense, I guess.

Did you see what the CAC, a D-III conference, is doing going forward? Their conference, again, a D-III conference, has member schools ranging from California to New England. They're not going to play ANY conference contests. Schools will just be playing the schools closest to their region, regardless of conference affiliation. Conference schools won't play each other except the semifinals and finals for sports with championship tournaments. So for example, they'll play a whole basketball season without playing any other teams in their conference, and then at the end of the regular season, Massey Ratings will be used to determine who the top four schools in the conference are, and those four schools will be invited to the tournament. That sounds crazy to me, but it also makes a lot of sense for a way for conferences to still exist while prioritizing travel costs.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
          Thats the home opener I dont know about the rest of the season but so far the official team site has all games as planned. I know we can only play 10 at THIS point. If you could point me to that reference I will buy you stick of gum. Maybe...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Comment

thseason of football in 2020, with the home opener

Comment

Comment

Playoffs are not part of the number. I could easily see NU be the season opener, but I think GV is a ways away from locking that down. Hell, let's get our Governor on board to make sure GV can even practice! And let's hope GV's admin has some practicality to Covid related issues too. I think I know what I'd like to see, but not sure it's the best approach. Staying tuned!

Comment

Comment

Good to know that the school is fine with putting all the guys on a bus or in a plane but dont you dare stand next to someone in a stadium. Thats some solid thinking right there...

Comment

Comment

NO I 100% agree with you...its crazy to think that people cant decide if its safe for THEM to go to the games...players will be well taken care of 100% of the time...its just nuts to see all these schools wondering about fans in the stands...give me a break...those same fans are together all the time before and after the game anyway...Good luck to your son! I am sure GVSU will have an excellent plan in place...its what they do!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

NO I 100% agree with you...its crazy to think that people cant decide if its safe for THEM to go to the games...players will be well taken care of 100% of the time...its just nuts to see all these schools wondering about fans in the stands...give me a break...those same fans are together all the time before and after the game anyway...Good luck to your son! I am sure GVSU will have an excellent plan in place...its what they do!
                            Wut? Were I to go to a Pueblo game this fall and sit in the stands I wouldn't even know anyone sitting in front of or behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Wut? Were I to go to a Pueblo game this fall and sit in the stands I wouldn't even know anyone sitting in front of or behind me.
                              GVSU has a huge tailgate before home games and as many as 15,000 at the game. on a good night probably 3 or 4 thousand friends, relatives and assorted fans tailgating in four different lots. Our tailgate can have as many as 50 people at homecoming. Plus we know all of those tailgating around us and often share food and drink. We have 16 season tickets in a block and know many of the people around us. It would be a bummer if they enact social distancing and break up the crowd and reduce attendance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X