Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU football season to open September 19!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

GVSU has a huge tailgate before home games and as many as 15,000 at the game. on a good night probably 3 or 4 thousand friends, relatives and assorted fans tailgating in four different lots. Our tailgate can have as many as 50 people at homecoming. Plus we know all of those tailgating around us and often share food and drink. We have 16 season tickets in a block and know many of the people around us. It would be a bummer if they enact social distancing and break up the crowd and reduce attendance.
    Though we're adults, I do have concern that if there are games, TGing may be.. uh eliminated? I'm wondering what will ultimately drive the restrictions. Our Governor? Maybe a county thing? Or just GV admin? I'm more of a risky soul, so I may not personally agree with what admin will be on board with. I don't want to get political, so let's keep that out of it, but if large groups were allowed to assemble this past week, including our Governor, why can't a group also assemble before a football game? Again, let's keep the politics out and instead look at the risks of the activities.

Comment

I think that all of you should get out there and tail gate and crowd the stadium and restaurants and do whatever the hell you want. My personal choice is to stay at home and quarantine. It will be interesting to me to see if any more people get sick and the virus spreads. I can see that on the news and I truly hope that you all are right in your decision and stay well but, if not, I know you will own it.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
        I think that all of you should get out there and tail gate and crowd the stadium and restaurants and do whatever the hell you want. My personal choice is to stay at home and quarantine. It will be interesting to me to see if any more people get sick and the virus spreads. I can see that on the news and I truly hope that you all are right in your decision and stay well but, if not, I know you will own it.
        The problem is that our society is entitled and selfish. Individuals fail to realize their decisions impact more than themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The problem is that our society is entitled and selfish. Individuals fail to realize their decisions impact more than themselves.
          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I also agree.

Comment

Comment

Grocery stores and pharmacies both deliver. I think with the roll out of the GVSU Sports Network that is what many schools will do as well. Deliver the game to you via internet and charge you for it. Maybe they will let you exchange your season tickets for online access or something like that. I would be shocked if there are anymore than 2500 at a game IF they allow any fans at all. I hope I am dead wrong but the virus numbers are increasing rather than going away as we were told by Trump that it would. I agree people should be allowed to make a choise but if they allow fans in the stands you are putting staff at risk too as they have to deal with the folks. Secruity, tickets, ect...all at risk. Who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                  Grocery stores and pharmacies both deliver. I think with the roll out of the GVSU Sports Network that is what many schools will do as well. Deliver the game to you via internet and charge you for it. Maybe they will let you exchange your season tickets for online access or something like that. I would be shocked if there are anymore than 2500 at a game IF they allow any fans at all. I hope I am dead wrong but the virus numbers are increasing rather than going away as we were told by Trump that it would. I agree people should be allowed to make a choise but if they allow fans in the stands you are putting staff at risk too as they have to deal with the folks. Secruity, tickets, ect...all at risk. Who knows...
                  An uptick in covid cases was expected as the quarantine is lifted. True of any virus. Has nothing to do with Trump. It will run its course as all viruses do and then sudden it will be gone. Absolutely no reason to keep fans from stadiums this fall.

Comment

Comment

Let's keep politics out of this please. Let's talk about football.. and on this thread.. the season.

Comment

Comment

I think we will have football at this point. My only question is how many games and will there be fans in the stands? Maybe each seaon ticket holder gets x number of games or who knows...I also wonder if there will be a post season if all the second wave stuff comes up...hell no one knows...Pick your tv channel for how bad this stuff is...one expert says no problem at all..well we know thats wrong...another one says yea just be smart and careful and your ok...agree leave politics out of this...my plan is to vote for Tim Selgo as a write in...tell me I am wrong...

Comment

The problem is when you and 15,000 other people go to a football game, get infected, and then go back to your communities and still have to go to places like grocery stores and pharmacies and various other public places. Then those people that chose to not go to the football game can be infected anyway by you and others who did go. Are you going to quarantine yourself at home from the start of football season to two weeks after the last game?
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Bring a flask of bleach and you will be fine.

Comment

The football season isn't yours to leave alone. Again, the problem is entitlement and you're continuing to prove that. Our society is so soft now it's pathetic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X