Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU football season to open September 19!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The problem is when you and 15,000 other people go to a football game, get infected, and then go back to your communities and still have to go to places like grocery stores and pharmacies and various other public places. Then those people that chose to not go to the football game can be infected anyway by you and others who did go. Are you going to quarantine yourself at home from the start of football season to two weeks after the last game?
    Keep living in a state of fear. But please, don't spread your fear to others. You know many in MI are out in public and things are pretty good for most. Where I live, we've not had even one new case in over 2 weeks( yes a township in WAYNE County!!!). And today's WSJ had a good discussion on the low mortality rates of the virus.. yes for those under 40 (50?) driving to work is more dangerous. As for football, I understand the concern of fans in the stand. I'm hoping that rational people make the calls, not those that are risky nor those that are doomsdayers. I'm likely high risk and FWIW, my doc says I'm good to go to work the primary elections come August. If I can go to the polls, I should be able to sit in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The football season isn't yours to leave alone. Again, the problem is entitlement and you're continuing to prove that. Our society is so soft now it's pathetic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Keep living in a state of fear. But please, don't spread your fear to others. You know many in MI are out in public and things are pretty good for most. Where I live, we've not had even one new case in over 2 weeks( yes a township in WAYNE County!!!). And today's WSJ had a good discussion on the low mortality rates of the virus.. yes for those under 40 (50?) driving to work is more dangerous. As for football, I understand the concern of fans in the stand. I'm hoping that rational people make the calls, not those that are risky nor those that are doomsdayers. I'm likely high risk and FWIW, my doc says I'm good to go to work the primary elections come August. If I can go to the polls, I should be able to sit in the stands.
          Your first sentence says everything. You seem to conflate "science" with "fear" which is a you problem, not a me problem. You can go ahead and keep thinking everything in life is a conspiracy. I'll choose to rely on thousands of years of evolved human knowledge and science.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I got $20 that says football season ends before Oct 15th...Takers?!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              I got $20 that says football season ends before Oct 15th...Takers?!
              I wouldn't doubt it. Football will go the way of the 2019-2020 basketball season. Schools will try to salvage it by starting the season and they'll eventually have no choice but to shut it down after a month until a vaccine is readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

I wouldn't doubt it. Football will go the way of the 2019-2020 basketball season. Schools will try to salvage it by starting the season and they'll eventually have no choice but to shut it down after a month until a vaccine is readily available.
                So you are thinking football is done until 2024-2025 season? Thats the true estimate of an actual vaccine based on past experience anyway...man...gonna be a lot of schools out of the football business if thats your thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

I have another $20 that says a vaccine won't be ready until Spring...

Comment

Entitled can mean many things, I don't care where you came from. You're feeling entitled to go to a meaningless game that can potentially impact the lives of others.

Also, I've not shopped at a Walmart in 20 years, far worse things to get there than covid ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

One of the official NCAA D-II releases about lowering the number of contests for this season specifically mentioned that conference contests in each sport would take precedent. I don't know if that means that conference games are specifically *not* able to be canceled, but it makes sense, I guess.

Did you see what the CAC, a D-III conference, is doing going forward? Their conference, again, a D-III conference, has member schools ranging from California to New England. They're not going to play ANY conference contests. Schools will just be playing the schools closest to their region, regardless of conference affiliation. Conference schools won't play each other except the semifinals and finals for sports with championship tournaments. So for example, they'll play a whole basketball season without playing any other teams in their conference, and then at the end of the regular season, Massey Ratings will be used to determine who the top four schools in the conference are, and those four schools will be invited to the tournament. That sounds crazy to me, but it also makes a lot of sense for a way for conferences to still exist while prioritizing travel costs.
                      The Capital Athletic Conference previously consisted of schools in Maryland and Virginia. With defections to other conferences (including Frostburg State to the MEC), the CAC merged with the American Collegiate Athletic Association - which consisted mainly of previously independent schools, including UC-Santa Cruz - to form a conference footprint that would make Big East 2.0 look compact.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Entitled can mean many things, I don't care where you came from. You're feeling entitled to go to a meaningless game that can potentially impact the lives of others.

Also, I've not shopped at a Walmart in 20 years, far worse things to get there than covid ;)

Comment

I'm confused...In that same rant you talk about government overreaction, and nurses having to re-use PPE...If anyone UNDER reacted, it would be the Government. We've gone 3 months, which SHOULD have been enough time to get our supplies up to where they need to be. 3 months ago, PA started a lockdown, because the Government REFUSED to make such a move. Now, as we're coming back from that, the rest of the country is dealing with rising cases, and many are wondering why...We have no one to blame but ourselves. Good luck. We're gonna need it!!!

Comment

I am so old I remember when this forum was about D2 college football...ya know NW Sandbagging and Ferris sucks and GVSU should move up...wow...the good old days...Brandon let me know after the season starts if we get to any of that will ya bro?

Comment

I'm not sure Ferris sucks but NW does sandbag and GV should definitely move up. Hope this helps. (Insert smiling emoticon here)

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                                I am so old I remember when this forum was about D2 college football...ya know NW Sandbagging and Ferris sucks and GVSU should move up...wow...the good old days...Brandon let me know after the season starts if we get to any of that will ya bro?
                                Yes, let's talk about all of the football going on. Sure is going to be a quiet forum for awhile.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X