Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU football season to open September 19!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Yes, let's talk about all of the football going on. Sure is going to be a quiet forum for awhile.
    Well, kids are coming back and training. And schedules are being shuffled some. And any info on new transfers? So, yea, there's football a happenin'

Comment

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of some fans being present, but requiring them to wear face coverings of some kind? Or is that considered bad optics?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Yes, let's talk about all of the football going on. Sure is going to be a quiet forum for awhile.

Comment

Gvsu vs Tiffin
          september 3rd

Comment

Any news on final season schedule etc?????

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
              Any news on final season schedule etc?????
              Yes....they will be allowing people into the game that wear a mask and are willing to have their temp taken ( rectally for the vistors side ) and they must know the secret team handshake. I dont think anyone has ANY clue at this point what football is going to look like. We had the numbers going our way then the virus got out of control after certain groups didnt follow the rules...thats a whole different thread. At this point I would say no way we play ball this fall with fans in the stands...but I hope I am wrong...wear your mask, wash your hands and hope that Gretchen is the VP candidate as that will get her the F out of Michigan for a while.

Comment

"Rectally for the visitors side" So business as usual? (still miss the smilies)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Yes....they will be allowing people into the game that wear a mask and are willing to have their temp taken ( rectally for the vistors side ) and they must know the secret team handshake. I dont think anyone has ANY clue at this point what football is going to look like. We had the numbers going our way then the virus got out of control after certain groups didnt follow the rules...thats a whole different thread. At this point I would say no way we play ball this fall with fans in the stands...but I hope I am wrong...wear your mask, wash your hands and hope that Gretchen is the VP candidate as that will get her the F out of Michigan for a while.
                  What? Gretchen's actions so far have been the only thing keeping Michigan from being on the level of New York, Florida, Texas, and California.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I just wish that the decision makers (whoever and wherever they are) take a step back and look at the risk parameters out there. Also, what goal is trying to be achieved with cases? More and more data is coming out about the virus and I've not seen how this has impacted any restrictions. It's like all the data gathered over the months hasn't resulted in any change as to what should or shouldn't be allowed. We're playing by the same rules that were in place in April.

Initially, in the US, the goal was not to eliminate cases, but reduce new ones to a level where our hospitals would not be overwhelmed. Somehow, I think many have lost sight of that. And I know others may have a more stringent personal goal or a less stringent societal one. I'm not going to debate that. I will just point out that for the State of MI, I'm not sure what the heck is driving the executive orders or the lifting of them these days. I know I'm not alone as most of the noise by the public has been around the inconsistency of the EO's.

Like today, I've heard the parts of MI have taken a step back. But, then when one looks at hospitals, the patient count is going DOWN. Yes, cases are up. Yes hospitalizations may turn up shortly, but by now, I would think with as few new admits that are coming, it might not be that hard to learn what behavior resulted in the exposure. New cases could then be reduced by looking at the behavior that caused the recent ones. Maybe not definitively, but a pretty good idea. So blanket shutdowns, etc don't make social, economic or health sense. And folks, I really think we need to accept that thousands will be exposed to Covid with limited impacts. And numbers are showing that the younger people do quite well vs this disease. So much so, that many doctors are now saying that last years flu was more deadly than this virus for younger people. (Argue if you want, but the numbers are showing this.)

It's because of the above comments that I truly believe that football should go on. If someone comes down with it, quarantine them, but keep moving forward. We have all sorts of activities that are ongoing. When a hit is discovered, clean it up and keep moving. And I'd argue that the campus can likely be a more covid free environment than what others face elsewhere.

So here's hoping that a rational path forward is followed. I'm on board if information dictates the direction. I'm yelling if it's some emotion driven path though... weather it be a cancellation or a full season.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                      I just wish that the decision makers (whoever and wherever they are) take a step back and look at the risk parameters out there. Also, what goal is trying to be achieved with cases? More and more data is coming out about the virus and I've not seen how this has impacted any restrictions. It's like all the data gathered over the months hasn't resulted in any change as to what should or shouldn't be allowed. We're playing by the same rules that were in place in April.

Initially, in the US, the goal was not to eliminate cases, but reduce new ones to a level where our hospitals would not be overwhelmed. Somehow, I think many have lost sight of that. And I know others may have a more stringent personal goal or a less stringent societal one. I'm not going to debate that. I will just point out that for the State of MI, I'm not sure what the heck is driving the executive orders or the lifting of them these days. I know I'm not alone as most of the noise by the public has been around the inconsistency of the EO's.

Like today, I've heard the parts of MI have taken a step back. But, then when one looks at hospitals, the patient count is going DOWN. Yes, cases are up. Yes hospitalizations may turn up shortly, but by now, I would think with as few new admits that are coming, it might not be that hard to learn what behavior resulted in the exposure. New cases could then be reduced by looking at the behavior that caused the recent ones. Maybe not definitively, but a pretty good idea. So blanket shutdowns, etc don't make social, economic or health sense. And folks, I really think we need to accept that thousands will be exposed to Covid with limited impacts. And numbers are showing that the younger people do quite well vs this disease. So much so, that many doctors are now saying that last years flu was more deadly than this virus for younger people. (Argue if you want, but the numbers are showing this.)

It's because of the above comments that I truly believe that football should go on. If someone comes down with it, quarantine them, but keep moving forward. We have all sorts of activities that are ongoing. When a hit is discovered, clean it up and keep moving. And I'd argue that the campus can likely be a more covid free environment than what others face elsewhere.

So here's hoping that a rational path forward is followed. I'm on board if information dictates the direction. I'm yelling if it's some emotion driven path though... weather it be a cancellation or a full season.

Comment

The portion of your statement attributing increased testing causing the rise in confirmed cases isn't actually true, and some of these states are certainly experiencing exponential increases in positive tests. An article from yesterday detailing just that.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/polit...ing/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post

The portion of your statement attributing increased testing causing the rise in confirmed cases isn't actually true, and some of these states are certainly experiencing exponential increases in positive tests. An article from yesterday detailing just that.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/polit...ing/index.html

Comment

Johns Hopkins University. I would think their motivation would be educating the public at large.

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post

Johns Hopkins University. I would think their motivation would be educating the public at large.
                              Wait, wait wait!!! HERE'S THE DEAL BREAKER FOR ALL YOU QANON TRUE BELIEVERS !!!! In '64 a young man from Boston graduated JHU with a degree in electrical engineering. Being a good alum he has since gifted his alma mater $3.35B. That man is MICHEAL BLOOMBERG...dum, dum, dum It all makes sense. On the planet BIZARRO

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                                "Rectally for the visitors side" So business as usual? (still miss the smilies)
                                Can't take temperatures rectally. Its not social distancing!!!

Really doubt that we'll see fans in the stands this year. and honestly, its not like any of the GLIAC schools really make money off of football. Northwood's field got flooded out and I haven't seen anything yet saying that they will have that and everything else ready to go for the season. At some point the bean counters are going to have to put their two cents in on this and say that its probably going to cost a lot of schools a whole lot more to not play football than to play football. Who knows, maybe next week the NCAA will have every NCAA football coach out there doing PSA's talking about their game plan for everyone out there to save college football, and it a much higher percentage of people to wear a mask, social distance, and wash and disinfect everything that they touch for a month and the Virus is nearly eliminated in the next 6 weeks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X