Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU football season to open September 19!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except...cases are now rising again in Michigan at a higher rate than they had been for the last month...so...if they keep rising, hospitals are again to be in danger of exceeding capacity, just as they were previously. That's exactly what is happening in California, Arizona, and Florida right now.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Given the current trajectory of cases and lack of concern by many people in preventing further spread, I am not optimistic about football being played this fall. If it is, it will probably will be sans fans. I really hope I am wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Except...cases are now rising again in Michigan at a higher rate than they had been for the last month...so...if they keep rising, hospitals are again to be in danger of exceeding capacity, just as they were previously. That's exactly what is happening in California, Arizona, and Florida right now.
        You are correct case count is up...hospitals on the other hand are way down....look at the percentages of Covid in Michigan hospitals and you will see that the PPP is 21 days plus as an average, ICU count is way down, and over all we are in much better shape than a normal flu season. Is Covid beaten? Hell no..neither is AIDs or lots of other things...the deal is gonna be how to live with it....33-49% of all adults do not get recommended vacinnes so...young people dont even know they had it...old and health issued people do...wait til the extra 600 goes away next week or so...lots of people will be back at work again...no football for one year will take out a lot of schools...GVSU will be fine, they will cut staff, drop some non rev sports and be back in 2023-24 or whenever they think its safe...you either adapt, move on or wait it out...I hope we move forward with smart testing, planning and solid data.

Comment

PSAC not proceeding with fall sports.

https://t.co/4CKpMrtxvC

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

You are correct case count is up...hospitals on the other hand are way down....look at the percentages of Covid in Michigan hospitals and you will see that the PPP is 21 days plus as an average, ICU count is way down, and over all we are in much better shape than a normal flu season. Is Covid beaten? Hell no..neither is AIDs or lots of other things...the deal is gonna be how to live with it....33-49% of all adults do not get recommended vacinnes so...young people dont even know they had it...old and health issued people do...wait til the extra 600 goes away next week or so...lots of people will be back at work again...no football for one year will take out a lot of schools...GVSU will be fine, they will cut staff, drop some non rev sports and be back in 2023-24 or whenever they think its safe...you either adapt, move on or wait it out...I hope we move forward with smart testing, planning and solid data.
            Lots of people will be dying, is what you mean. Who cares about the dead as long as we can have sportzballz.

How would you know about the ICU count, considering the presidential administration just took down the ICU and hospital population numbers so nobody can know what is actually happening? I guess they're right. It will magically go away one day. Because no numbers will be available, people will just be dying and nobody will ever know.

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/...read%2Fpage492

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that "we are in much better shape than a normal flu season" lol. The flu, the thing that virtually every single person can get through in 2-3 weeks with no long-lasting side effects, compared to the millions of people with covid, many of which are going to have long-term, permanent issues with their organs for the rest of their lives. Hospitals still don't even have proper PPE in Michigan. I find it strange you say the ICU count is way down when I have no less than six different friends who are nurses in Michigan and Illinois who have all said that they are sending patients to pediatric hospitals because they've run out of room in their own hospitals, so people now need to go somewhere that isn't equipped to deal with them properly. Every single one of them has said that. But yea, let's believe the "information" that the White House, a group of people who has been pretending nothing is wrong for six months, is solely in charge of as they seek re-election. Remember, it's not their base that is dying. It is the minorities and those with pre-existing health conditions, so who really cares.
            Last edited by KleShreen; 07-16-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Lots of people will be dying, is what you mean. Who cares about the dead as long as we can have sportzballz.

How would you know about the ICU count, considering the presidential administration just took down the ICU and hospital population numbers so nobody can know what is actually happening? I guess they're right. It will magically go away one day. Because no numbers will be available, people will just be dying and nobody will ever know.

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/...read%2Fpage492

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that "we are in much better shape than a normal flu season" lol. The flu, the thing that virtually every single person can get through in 2-3 weeks with no long-lasting side effects, compared to the millions of people with covid, many of which are going to have long-term, permanent issues with their organs for the rest of their lives. Hospitals still don't even have proper PPE in Michigan. I find it strange you say the ICU count is way down when I have no less than six different friends who are nurses in Michigan and Illinois who have all said that they are sending patients to pediatric hospitals because they've run out of room in their own hospitals, so people now need to go somewhere that isn't equipped to deal with them properly. Every single one of them has said that. But yea, let's believe the "information" that the White House, a group of people who has been pretending nothing is wrong for six months, is solely in charge of as they seek re-election. Remember, it's not their base that is dying. It is the minorities and those with pre-existing health conditions, so who really cares.
              Well in Michigan ANY citizen can access the state of Michigan covid website and if you know what you are doing ( or are married to one of those pesky medical professional that does you can look at the bed count every day, PPE count every day, tests everday, ICU beds every day by hospital, region and by the date. I dont trust the WHite house for one second...I use the state of Michigan site bcause I think our governor has some info that is honest. Now take a few miniutes and look at this site and tell me I am wrong ok?
              https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus...3641--,00.html
              You will notice this is from the state of Michigan, not Trump, Not the CDC...and during flu season ICUs usually run about 90% full as do hospital beds...getting that data from the broad that used to run the joint. Please tell your nurse friends to look at this as well...btw...you can see the PPE here as well...have a nice day.

Comment

Colorado has implemented a state wide mask mandate stating tomorrow, the RMAC will be announcing their fall sports plan tomorrow as well. I don't expect GVSU to be coming to CO.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  Colorado has implemented a state wide mask mandate stating tomorrow, the RMAC will be announcing their fall sports plan tomorrow as well. I don't expect GVSU to be coming to CO.
                  Maybe, but MI also has that mandate. Even our HSs are still practicing. But I'm not confident on making a trip to CO this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Maybe, but MI also has that mandate. Even our HSs are still practicing. But I'm not confident on making a trip to CO this year.
                    Yes, the mandate is simply a step here towards another shutdown I'm afraid. We just aren't anywhere near headed in the right direction to make a fall football season happen in my opinion. If so, I have to assume they look at a conference only type schedule to give it a shot and see how long the season lasts. My biggest question is funding for schools to do the proper amount of testing on athletes, most D2 schools are in no position to come up with that kind of money. Do they just not test and wait and see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Well in Michigan ANY citizen can access the state of Michigan covid website and if you know what you are doing ( or are married to one of those pesky medical professional that does you can look at the bed count every day, PPE count every day, tests everday, ICU beds every day by hospital, region and by the date. I dont trust the WHite house for one second...I use the state of Michigan site bcause I think our governor has some info that is honest. Now take a few miniutes and look at this site and tell me I am wrong ok?
                      https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus...3641--,00.html
                      You will notice this is from the state of Michigan, not Trump, Not the CDC...and during flu season ICUs usually run about 90% full as do hospital beds...getting that data from the broad that used to run the joint. Please tell your nurse friends to look at this as well...btw...you can see the PPE here as well...have a nice day.
                      I also find it amusing that it is now acceptable to just "not die" from it. The very act of getting the virus and even not having a single symptom appears to now possibly have long-term health impacts. We should be doing everything we can to not only make sure hospitals can handle it, but to make sure as few people as possible get it. There is evidence from other countries, as well as already in the US, that people who were asymptomatic with antibodies have permanently lost lung and kidney function from the virus, and are more prone to blood clots, including in younger people. That we are somehow deeming this as acceptable and a reason to open everything back up is absolutely insane.

Comment

I also find it amusing that it is now acceptable to just "not die" from it. The very act of getting the virus and even not having a single symptom appears to now possibly have long-term health impacts. We should be doing everything we can to not only make sure hospitals can handle it, but to make sure as few people as possible get it. There is evidence from other countries, as well as already in the US, that people who were asymptomatic with antibodies have permanently lost lung and kidney function from the virus, and are more prone to blood clots, including in younger people. That we are somehow deeming this as acceptable and a reason to open everything back up is absolutely insane.
                        Please stop, for months now you've been hellbent pushing this "long term health impact" narrative. And whenever you've been asked to provide the evidence of that you send links to articles w/ NO CLEAR DECISIVE EVIDENCE, just speculation and worry. The reality is this virus has been around 7-8 months, there is simply not enough information available yet to stand by those claims. How can you judge somethings long term/permanent effects when a year hasn't even eclipsed since it was introduced? I understand and respect your stance on taking it seriously but I don't stand by you pushing a narrative that simply has to basis to stand on yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post

Please stop, for months now you've been hellbent pushing this "long term health impact" narrative. And whenever you've been asked to provide the evidence of that you send links to articles w/ NO CLEAR DECISIVE EVIDENCE, just speculation and worry. The reality is this virus has been around 7-8 months, there is simply not enough information available yet to stand by those claims. How can you judge somethings long term/permanent effects when a year hasn't even eclipsed since it was introduced? I understand and respect your stance on taking it seriously but I don't stand by you pushing a narrative that simply has to basis to stand on yet.
                          Sigh.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/news/2020/...fects-covid-19

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/covid-...ting-negative/

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07...-dr-max-gomez/

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/lo...fects-covid-19

https://www.bannerhealth.com/healthc...-on-your-lungs

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...health-effects

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...e-in-their-20s

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...d-19-infection

Do you want more? Because I can do plenty more.

I keep bringing it up because it appears we have a handful of sociopaths on here who think 18-22 year old players and everyone else associated with a football program exist only to bring them entertainment at whatever cost necessary, up to and including debilitating health issues and death, like some kind of even more psychotic modern day gladiator show, who think "well, as long as they don't DIE..."
                          Last edited by KleShreen; 07-17-2020, 06:24 AM.

Comment

This is a great read from Yale Medicine...

https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories...l-coronavirus/

Comment

Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Folks, it's all on us...If we all wear masks and stay out of crowded places, we can expect the virus to dissipate, but not go away. It's pretty simple, but it's all on us...A vaccine isn't ready yet, so short of that, we have to be the ones to protect ourselves and each other. If we do what we can, then we can move forward and hope for a more normal life. If not, hospitals will become overcrowded, more of our friends and neighbors will die, and our country will be scarred for generations. We should be caring more about the population as a whole than how this is going to affect a group of athletes who might not get to play their sport for a while. I realize that's their main focus as this time in their lives, but the alternative is surely worse. We have sacrificed MUCH more in years past, when REAL wars were fought. It's time for us to make a very small sacrifice in comparison. Wear a mask, it's that simple...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X