Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Tech University

Any chance they could be a future GLIAC member?

Re: Lawrence Tech University

I added them to my D2 wish list for the GLIAC the day they announced their addition of football.

Comment

They are recruiting a GLIAC level class. Within 3 years I predict they'll be added.

Comment

Would be a heck of a rivalry for Wayne State.

Those two schools would be closer together than Northwood/SVSU, or GVSU/Davenport.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          Would be a heck of a rivalry for Wayne State.

Those two schools would be closer together than Northwood/SVSU, or GVSU/Davenport.
          Agree! Our real rivalry IMO is still Hillsdale and ticked we haven't scheduled them yet for an out of conference game

Comment

I also wonder if Finlandia might be a future target if for no other reason than to make MTU and NMU happy. However, on the other hand, maybe they will *never* be a future target because it would tick off literally every other school in the GLIAC that isn't in the U.P. lol
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
              Agree! Our real rivalry IMO is still Hillsdale and ticked we haven't scheduled them yet for an out of conference game
              Thanks to Malone pulling the plug on football, we now have a big hole in our schedule on 10/5 and 10/12. Get Otter on the phone because you guys don't wanna really play Ferris do you on the 12th.

Comment

If LEC and Walsh drop football in the next few years, might mean the GMAC implodes allowing Hillsdale& Findlay to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
                  If LEC and Walsh drop football in the next few years, might mean the GMAC implodes allowing Hillsdale& Findlay to come back.
                  I think Walsh is pretty solid. LEC....well....1/7 of their population plays football. Football will remain on life support as long as the college stays on life support.

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
                    Walsh does have the advantage now of Malone dropping football. More of the businesses and fans that supported both programs can now just worry about Walsh football instead. It might not be that much of attendance bump for them, but hell, any more money going in for Walsh should be a good thing for them.

Main thing for the GLIAC is finding another all sports member to join the league, and keeping Ashland happy enough that they'll elect to stay even after Owens retires from the program.

Comment

My office is now right down the road from LTU, and I have seen and met a few of the football players... I must say, they have been some of the most polite and well behaved young athletes I have interacted with. At the gas station, in restaurants, on the street..I've met a good group of young men and would be proud to see them grow into a GLIAC program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X