Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLIAC moving to conference only schedule

https://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-r...ly-sports.html

From what I have heard, football camp will start end of August with home openers being at the end of September.

Redwing I guess were gonna have to put that Pueblo tailgate invite off until 2022.
    Last edited by MinnequaFats; 07-27-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Neither the article or the GV press release mention if fans will be allowed.
      Last edited by tip79; 07-27-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

MinnequaFats:

Pueblo puts on a A+ tailgate. Go to Gray's Coors Tavern the night before the game. If I remember correctly the owner of Gray's is a big CSUPueblo supported and nice guy who invited us to their tailgate. Great food and great people. Everything was great but the outcome of the game. Really really nice stadium as well.

Hounddog

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
          Redwing I guess were gonna have to put that Pueblo tailgate invite off until 2022.
          Well, maybe we see you at Lubbers in '21. I've gotten the OOC games mixed up. Did GV have a 3 yr with you guys? If not, I suspect some calls will be made. Dang, that seems a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Well, maybe we see you at Lubbers in '21. I've gotten the OOC games mixed up. Did GV have a 3 yr with you guys? If not, I suspect some calls will be made. Dang, that seems a bit off.
            4 years of home and home. Hopefully they just move this missed game to 2024. My plan is to be at Lubbers in '21.

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
              Neither the article or the GV press release mention if fans will be allowed.
              I'm pretty certain that it is assumed there won't be fans allowed at any sporting events anywhere in the country for the foreseeable future unless they are actively trying to be the dumbest people possible.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I agree with you. However, there are people here in the forum that believe that may happen. I don't think we will see college football at any level this year.

Comment

What will the GLIAC do now with no NCAA Championships being held?

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                    What will the GLIAC do now with no NCAA Championships being held?
                    All these measures of "we're moving to a conference-only schedule" and "we're moving back competition to mid-September" stuff every conference is doing is just nothing but delaying the inevitable. Nobody is going to be playing any types of sports at the collegiate level. It is virtually impossible now. Even if some conference plays football in the fall, what are they going to do, end their season in November, wait for the rest of the country to play football in the spring, and then just strap em up again to play in the playoffs in April? That's not gonna happen. You can't have a national championship with half the schools playing in one season and half the schools playing in another season in any sport. It is unrealistic from a logistics standpoint, unrealistic from a health standpoint, and virtually impossible from an eligibility standpoint. There's gonna be football players who are gonna graduate at the end of the fall semester and either aren't going to be able to play in the playoffs in the spring, or aren't going to be eligible for the whole season in the spring unless they sit out the entire fall semester.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

All these measures of "we're moving to a conference-only schedule" and "we're moving back competition to mid-September" stuff every conference is doing is just nothing but delaying the inevitable. Nobody is going to be playing any types of sports at the collegiate level. It is virtually impossible now. Even if some conference plays football in the fall, what are they going to do, end their season in November, wait for the rest of the country to play football in the spring, and then just strap em up again to play in the playoffs in April? That's not gonna happen. You can't have a national championship with half the schools playing in one season and half the schools playing in another season in any sport. It is unrealistic from a logistics standpoint, unrealistic from a health standpoint, and virtually impossible from an eligibility standpoint. There's gonna be football players who are gonna graduate at the end of the fall semester and either aren't going to be able to play in the playoffs in the spring, or aren't going to be eligible for the whole season in the spring unless they sit out the entire fall semester.
                      You really think football is going to be played in the spring? There is no way the NCAA pulls that off. You really think things will be that much better in 7 months? There is literally zero chance NCAA schools play football in the spring.

Comment

I agree football will not be played in the spring either. It is becoming increasingly likely there will be no winter sports either.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post

You really think football is going to be played in the spring? There is no way the NCAA pulls that off. You really think things will be that much better in 7 months? There is literally zero chance NCAA schools play football in the spring.
                          That's just been the rumor. The thought being that a vaccine will be available by calendar year's end or in early 2021, allowing the ability to return to play (along with returning to everything else in the world) during the first couple months of the year. They can do it - it would just have to be everyone or no one.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

That's just been the rumor. The thought being that a vaccine will be available by calendar year's end or in early 2021, allowing the ability to return to play (along with returning to everything else in the world) during the first couple months of the year. They can do it - it would just have to be everyone or no one.
                            I don't see a mass production (350 million for the US alone) of vaccines being ready in the spring. Local emergency managers have been told recently to prepare for 18-36 months of the current reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I don't see a mass production (350 million for the US alone) of vaccines being ready in the spring. Local emergency managers have been told recently to prepare for 18-36 months of the current reality.
                              maybe, but most recent polls suggest that only 45% would take the vaccine. And subtract out younger kids (I suspect they MAY be last in line) I bet a vast majority of the population that wants it will be able to get the vaccine within 3 months of approval.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X