Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

It will be interesting to see who they use at QB...will the new transfer be in the mix as well? Hopefully they can keep someone healthy as well...that would help a lot.
    I don't see a transfer QB on the roster...what news are you holding out on everyone lol
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ah, the ole "I didn't think anyone would call out my BS so I'll just say it was a joke" tactic.
      Could care less what anyone calls out. Don't see the BS in calling out hypocrisy, but of course it's only BS when certain posters/teams don't like what's stated. Also, there's a reason I followed my statement with "But in all seriousness..", but people see what they want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
        While I have no doubt that the guy is good at football, it feels like this doesn't address Grand Valley's main problem from last year: Lack of firepower at QB. GV has had very good pass-catchers for a while but they can only do so much when the passer is subpar.
        Interested to hear peoples opinion on how GVs offensive issues (if they can be called that) can be blamed on the QB vs the Offensive System they run. Doesn't seem like they put much emphasis on getting the ball to their receivers with short passes in space. They always have a good stable of backs and TEs.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Interested to hear peoples opinion on how GVs offensive issues (if they can be called that) can be blamed on the QB vs the Offensive System they run. Doesn't seem like they put much emphasis on getting the ball to their receivers with short passes in space. They always have a good stable of backs and TEs.
          I'll admit that blaming the QB alone is reductive. My general view is this: A good QB can make bad play calling look better, and good play calling can sometimes mask poor QB play. GV had poor QB play and poor play calling last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

I'll admit that blaming the QB alone is reductive. My general view is this: A good QB can make bad play calling look better, and good play calling can sometimes mask poor QB play. GV had poor QB play and poor play calling last season.
            My view from 10,000 feet is that the play calling at GV has not been up to GV standards for quite a long time. There have been some talented quarterbacks who probably didn't live up to their potential because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

My view from 10,000 feet is that the play calling at GV has not been up to GV standards for quite a long time. There have been some talented quarterbacks who probably didn't live up to their potential because of it.
              Well with a new Offensive coaching staff and New OC this might be the shake up that makes it all work...lots of speed and talent at WO and also at QB..we will see...when I dont know...LOL...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X