Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Rison has transferred to GVSU

Hunter Rison is now a Laker and he'll have Roy Roundtree coaching him. Wide receivers should be a position of strength between talent and coaching. Hopefully they have a QB that can get them the ball and hopefully the drama that follows Hunter around won't become toxic for the program.

Just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
      Just wow.
      Yeah...His football career has been a whirlwind...

- Commit to MSU
      - De-commit and open up recruitment with Oklahoma being his #1 choice
      - Recommit to MSU
      - Play as a true freshman and had fairly good numbers for a true freshman
      - Leave MSU after his freshman season apparently due to him wanting the ball more
      - Commit to Kansas State
      - Suspended from Kansas State due to a domestic battery charge
      - Enters guilty plea for domestic battery
      - Plays at a community college
      - Transfer to GVSU

Then insert his dad into the equation...

The talent is there. I just hope he checks his past at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

- Commit to MSU
        - Recommit to MSU
        - Leave MSU after his freshman season apparently due to him wanting the ball more
        - Commit to Kansas State
        - Transfer to GVSU

All the transfers in the world mean nothing when the season gets cancelled...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

All the transfers in the world mean nothing when the season gets cancelled...
          True for now. Football won't be cancelled forever.

Am interested in this just like everyone else, but am always tempered by the fact that the list of transfers that have come to GV and done squat is far longer than the list of the ones that have come here and been terrific. Don't get me wrong, I hope he tears it up and leaves us all speechless. As of now it's a story that has a lot more question marks than anything. With everything I have seen read, it sounds like he's loaded with talent so I'm certainly glad he brought that talent to GV rather than anywhere else. Guess we'll see what happens...

Comment

- Commit to MSU
            - Recommit to MSU
            - Commit to Kansas State
            - Transfer to GVSU

Hope someone gave the university lawyer and public relations office a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

True for now. Football won't be cancelled forever.

Am interested in this just like everyone else, but am always tempered by the fact that the list of transfers that have come to GV and done squat is far longer than the list of the ones that have come here and been terrific. Don't get me wrong, I hope he tears it up and leaves us all speechless. As of now it's a story that has a lot more question marks than anything. With everything I have seen read, it sounds like he's loaded with talent so I'm certainly glad he brought that talent to GV rather than anywhere else. Guess we'll see what happens...
              And what great character the young man shows...(JOKE)

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hope someone gave the university lawyer and public relations office a heads up.
                Must be a great view from your ivory tower. Maybe this kid will take advantage of his second chance, nice to see you are pulling for him.

Comment

And what great character the young man shows...(JOKE)
                  Glad the pandemic hasn't slowed down the production of Windex so you can keep the views squeaky clean from your glass house.

I ASSURE you that every team college football team in America has some guys with issues like this on their roster...even your beloved East Stroudsburg...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Must be a great view from your ivory tower. Maybe this kid will take advantage of his second chance, nice to see you are pulling for him.
                    My CAL U VULCANS have experience with players like this. Recruited a number of D1 washouts some because they couldn't handle that level, but a significant number for serious legal infractions. It all blew up in Oct '14.
                    https://archive.triblive.com/local/l...l-backgrounds/
                    And a seriously good team of hard working players saw their potential playoff season go down the drain when the university president forfeited a game as a way of making it clear to the team, and the coaches, what was expected of those who represented the school.
                    You may be correct and RISON may prove to be an outstanding player and decent young man. But that domestic battery charge indicates to me that this teenager learned that behavior from someone and it would be a big red flag.
                    Or maybe it's just the view from my ivory tower.

Comment

- Commit to MSU
                      - Recommit to MSU
                      - Commit to Kansas State
                      - Transfer to GVSU

I'm a bit torn. Having watched what Campbell did for Ferris State (Oh how I hate Ferris State), I think there is hope for Hunter Rison as well. With that said, I had a couple dealings with Rison when he was at Skyline that make me less likely this has a good outcome. Campbell and Rison are a bit different in another way. Campbell's childish behavior occurred when he was a child. Rison was nearing the end of his sophomore year (he played one at MSU, then sat out a transfer year at KSU) when he was charged. Campbell was still in high school (and if I recall correctly he was young for his grade as well). Rison should have known better and still made serious mistakes that could have permanently derailed his career. The second difference is the perceived reason he left MSU. I am always concerned when I see players leave a school (after their freshman season) because "they want the ball more" after they have actually gotten a decent amount of PT during said season. To then have two more stops along the way worries me.

One interesting tidbit about this. I am a GVSU grad, and used to substitute teach at Skyline where Rison went to school. My father spent several years growing up a few blocks from Fullerton College (Fullerton Jr. College back then), and took classes at Fullerton Jr. College before his mother moved to Ann Arbor and began teaching at the University of Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Glad the pandemic hasn't slowed down the production of Windex so you can keep the views squeaky clean from your glass house.

I ASSURE you that every team college football team in America has some guys with issues like this on their roster...even your beloved East Stroudsburg...
                        Assume what you like...You can't defend his character, and attacking another school doesn't make his character any better...Good job...
                        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 07-29-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

I'm not defending his actions in any way, shape, or form - but Jayru had some pretty high profile altercations and from what I read, he seemed to straighten up through JUCO/FSU.

Hopefully this kid gets it figured out. Again, what he did is inexcusable - but maybe this is what he needs to change for the better.

Comment

Assume what you like...You can't defend his character, and attacking another school doesn't make his character any better...Good job...
                            1) I'm not assuming anything.
                            2) I didn't try to defend is character, nor did I insinuate anyone should.
                            3) I in NO WAY attacked another school, or anything for that matter.
                            4) The "good job" here belongs to your missing the point...

Comment

You clearly ASSURED me (without any evidence) that ESU and "every other college football team in America" had bad apples in the basket, so yeah you attacked another school...Re-read your post...Maybe you don't understand what some words mean...Good job! PS The words in quotes are your words...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X