Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post

The high schools are playing football and I don't think they are testing the students or staff 4 times a week. They are somehow managing so when there's a will there's a way.
    I'm with you on this, but the NCAA is requiring some testing.. not sure if it's several times a week, but I think before each contest? Still, some D2 teams are playing. And from what I recall, they're not all well funded. Personally, I'm on the fence with the whole thing about now. I have to believe the players would love playing. It's just in their systems. As for risk exposures, I'm not sure it's all that much higher than what the teams are facing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm with you on this, but the NCAA is requiring some testing.. not sure if it's several times a week, but I think before each contest? Still, some D2 teams are playing. And from what I recall, they're not all well funded. Personally, I'm on the fence with the whole thing about now. I have to believe the players would love playing. It's just in their systems. As for risk exposures, I'm not sure it's all that much higher than what the teams are facing today.
      Most of the D-II schools are playing at least one game against FCS schools and getting huge paychecks from them.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

yeah, by making the parents sign a waiver and then hoping like hell that it will stand up in court if the kids ever get infected during the football season.

There is little to no way to prove that exposure happened during a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

There is little to no way to prove that exposure happened during a football game.
          Just more risk taken on by players for no pay.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Just more risk taken on by players for no pay.
            The players are far more at risk in off campus housing than anything else...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

The players are far more at risk in off campus housing than anything else...
              You're right, that's why everyone should have been kept at home for virtual learning only.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

You're right, that's why everyone should have been kept at home for virtual learning only.
                I agree...actuallly all Michigan schools should just be closed completely for a year, maybe two until the virus is completely gone. Lay off all the staff including the professors and let them find out what the real world is like...also cancel all the heathcare for all the staff, let them go on Obama care. If you want to go to school go to a different state, leave us in Michigan alone. If it is not safe for even one student then no one from the school should be working period...board it up and let the Sherrifs department patrol the area and shoot looters.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

I agree...actuallly all Michigan schools should just be closed completely for a year, maybe two until the virus is completely gone. Lay off all the staff including the professors and let them find out what the real world is like...also cancel all the heathcare for all the staff, let them go on Obama care. If you want to go to school go to a different state, leave us in Michigan alone. If it is not safe for even one student then no one from the school should be working period...board it up and let the Sherrifs department patrol the area and shoot looters.
                  What's sad about your post is that many want that to actually happen... maybe not all, but major portion. Save us all!!! We can't save ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

What's sad about your post is that many want that to actually happen... maybe not all, but major portion. Save us all!!! We can't save ourselves.
                    No. Nobody does. Literally nobody.

Comment

Comment

You remember WW2. 407,000 dead service men in FOUR YEARS of bloody fighting. So 200,000 dead Americans in SIX MONTHS of a controllable disease hardly qualifies as Chicken Little. But I suppose that depends on your own outlook on life. You sound a bit like the Ebeneezer Scrooge sort. " If they're going to die, let them do it and decrease the surplus population".

Comment

We can argue about whether football SHOULD be played but the fact is it IS being played across the country or soon will be in certain cases. If the GLIAC had gotten their act together 2 or 3 weeks ago, they could have gone forward with an abbreviated schedule and had a football season in 2020. Probably too late now however.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                            You remember WW2. 407,000 dead service men in FOUR YEARS of bloody fighting. So 200,000 dead Americans in SIX MONTHS of a controllable disease hardly qualifies as Chicken Little. But I suppose that depends on your own outlook on life. You sound a bit like the Ebeneezer Scrooge sort. " If they're going to die, let them do it and decrease the surplus population".

Comment

That 6% number is not how the causes of death work. The 6% exclusively means that there were no other conditions which caused death.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-comorbidities.html

For example, if a person has cancer, and dies from it, their cause of death is not usually "cancer." It is some kind of condition that the cancer caused. Here is an example from that link above:

In addition, deadly medical complications can be the immediate cause of death when in fact a virus is the ultimate culprit, as is evident with HIV/AIDS. More than 32 million people worldwide have died so far of HIV/AIDS, for instance, but the disease itself isn't usually the immediate cause of death. Dr. Shahnaz Azad, an infectious disease expert in Olympia Fields, Illinois, told Franciscan Health, "It's not HIV that kills you. HIV kills your immunity, and then you become susceptible to all kinds of infections and cancers."

A death certificate might list a primary cause of death as Kaposi's sarcoma, for instance, but in fact, that patient would never have acquired the otherwise rare type of cancer if they hadn't been infected with HIV. The HIV virus is still what ultimately killed the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No, as of right now is looks like a player is far more likely to get it from another teammate, either from practice, the locker room, or just in general hanging out.

The thing that really chaps my ass about all of this is if we had just gotten more people on board with social distancing back in the spring, hand washing, and wearing a mask we would be in a lot better position right now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X