Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Can't believe there hasn't been any leaks of names yet. Footballscoop hasn't even mentioned anything about the spot and it has been a week.
    How has nothing leaked yet? who are the top candidates?

Comment

Originally posted by lakerblue View Post
      How has nothing leaked yet? who are the top candidates?
      Your guess is as good as everyone else's! I just keep checking http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        In your opinion....why doesn't Saginaw Valley win like they did in the 2000's?
        I can only respond from my 5 years of experience with SVSU....err, my son's 5 years. You can go back to my earliest posts...even when they had Jennings and Janis I stated that Sags offense was pretty easy to stop which GVSU did twice in a row that season. The offense was pretty basic, Janis Go Route and a heave from Jennings. Once they graduated, Collins couldn't quite figure out why that play would no longer work...those two players masked a lot of ills and Collins never recovered from their departure. This year, the O-line coach was calling offensive plays and from all indications, the players bought in and it worked. It was also my understanding that the new D-line coach did the same on defense until Gonzaga put the Kibosh on it...so my short answer as to why they fell off the radar...coaching. Alabama was great with Bear Bryant but so-so up until Saban took them back to greatness. IU used to win NCAA national championships... with Bobby Knight. GVSU had a hell of a National Championship run with Kelly...but none since. The Zenmaster won how many championships in Chicago? He's gone and so are the championships. I know players make a huge difference but it's still up to the coach to gauge his players skill sets and put them in schemes that allow them to succeed. So that is my short answer regarding Saggy's recent struggles...

Comment

[QUOTE=saggydad;2363284]I can only respond from my 5 years of experience with SVSU....err, my son's 5 years. You can go back to my earliest posts...even when they had Jennings and Janis I stated that Sags offense was pretty easy to stop which GVSU did twice in a row that season. The offense was pretty basic, Janis Go Route and a heave from Jennings. Once they graduated, Collins couldn't quite figure out why that play would no longer work...those two players masked a lot of ills and Collins never recovered from their departure. This year, the O-line coach was calling offensive plays and from all indications, the players bought in and it worked. It was also my understanding that the new D-line coach did the same on defense until Gonzaga put the Kibosh on it...so my short answer as to why they fell off the radar...coaching. Alabama was great with Bear Bryant but so-so up until Saban took them back to greatness. IU used to win NCAA national championships... with Bobby Knight. GVSU had a hell of a National Championship run with Kelly...but none since. The Zenmaster won how many championships in Chicago? He's gone and so are the championships. I know players make a huge difference but it's still up to the coach to gauge his players skill sets and put them in schemes that allow them to succeed. So that is my short answer regarding Saggy's recent struggles

As a parent of a current player, I can tell you with 100% certainty Jim Collins called the offense and Adam Gonzaga called the defense the entire year. I can't speak to anything else but i do know that. Unless of course my son was lying to me which is possible but i am not sure why he would.

Comment

[QUOTE=svsu;2363366]
            Originally posted by saggydad View Post
            I can only respond from my 5 years of experience with SVSU....err, my son's 5 years. You can go back to my earliest posts...even when they had Jennings and Janis I stated that Sags offense was pretty easy to stop which GVSU did twice in a row that season. The offense was pretty basic, Janis Go Route and a heave from Jennings. Once they graduated, Collins couldn't quite figure out why that play would no longer work...those two players masked a lot of ills and Collins never recovered from their departure. This year, the O-line coach was calling offensive plays and from all indications, the players bought in and it worked. It was also my understanding that the new D-line coach did the same on defense until Gonzaga put the Kibosh on it...so my short answer as to why they fell off the radar...coaching. Alabama was great with Bear Bryant but so-so up until Saban took them back to greatness. IU used to win NCAA national championships... with Bobby Knight. GVSU had a hell of a National Championship run with Kelly...but none since. The Zenmaster won how many championships in Chicago? He's gone and so are the championships. I know players make a huge difference but it's still up to the coach to gauge his players skill sets and put them in schemes that allow them to succeed. So that is my short answer regarding Saggy's recent struggles

As a parent of a current player, I can tell you with 100% certainty Jim Collins called the offense and Adam Gonzaga called the defense the entire year. I can't speak to anything else but i do know that. Unless of course my son was lying to me which is possible but i am not sure why he would.
            Best to your son and the entire team. I am a fan of the program and have always been supportive of the players and certain coaches. I stand by my previous comments. In fact, if I was a betting man, I'm sure Saggy is interviewing the offensive line coach (Drew Burton) for the head job. Time will tell. Best of luck to current and future Cards!

Comment

[QUOTE=saggydad;2363421]
              Originally posted by svsu View Post
              Best to your son and the entire team. I am a fan of the program and have always been supportive of the players and certain coaches. I stand by my previous comments. In fact, if I was a betting man, I'm sure Saggy is interviewing the offensive line coach (Drew Burton) for the head job. Time will tell. Best of luck to current and future Cards!
              Interviewing? They should be about wrapped and in house guys should have been done back in early Feb. I know they are trying, but isn't each day critical? I don't know when Spring practice begins, but it must be soon if not already underway (GV's started Monday.) Heck of a time to be looking for a new HC, but unfortunately time isn't something that Saggy has to waste here.

Comment

SVSU has their man, they are now talking with Michigan to see what the buyout on Harbaugh's contract will be. Tough time to not have your new guy in place with spring practice starting and all these violations that have to be addressed. How will the probation have any effect on the team going forward? Is there another shoe to drop yet or is this it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                  SVSU has their man, they are now talking with Michigan to see what the buyout on Harbaugh's contract will be. Tough time to not have your new guy in place with spring practice starting and all these violations that have to be addressed. How will the probation have any effect on the team going forward? Is there another shoe to drop yet or is this it?
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                    Glad I hadn't been out drinking green beer, I would have spit taken it all over my screen here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Glad I hadn't been out drinking green beer, I would have spit taken it all over my screen here.
                      So, were you like out drinking blue beer?:smile-big:

I have to admit that I'd thought we'd be hearing something out of University Center by now. I'm kind of surprised as to how quiet they've been.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        So, were you like out drinking blue beer?:smile-big:

I have to admit that I'd thought we'd be hearing something out of University Center by now. I'm kind of surprised as to how quiet they've been.
                        Too bad the Packers stole SVSU's first pick just a few weeks ago! lol

Comment

I have heard some rumors of two DC's from GLIAC interviewed....from pretty decent GLIAC programs.

Comment

Originally posted by saggydad View Post
                            I have heard some rumors of two DC's from GLIAC interviewed....from pretty decent GLIAC programs.
                            The Postman cometh?:wink:

Comment

Agree.

Then why is it taking so long, he would be a great hire. Who else do they have up their sleeve that is making them take so long? It's going to be a month almost.

Comment

Seems like it would make sense for a lot of good reasons....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X