Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

Originally posted by saggydad View Post
    Seems like it would make sense for a lot of good reasons....
    As a laker, I'm being selfish and wish he doesn't get it. But I also see it as a huge advantage to saggy if they hire him

Comment

Seems like a no brainer for him. Isn't Saginaw a much nicer place to live than Allendale? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
        Seems like a no brainer for him. Isn't Saginaw a much nicer place to live than Allendale? :wink:
        I heard a lot of current GLIAC guys as well as former GLIAC guys have been on campus, but it's been so long so maybe they hire the current DC?

Comment

Originally posted by lakerblue View Post
          I heard a lot of current GLIAC guys as well as former GLIAC guys have been on campus, but it's been so long so maybe they hire the current DC?
          If they promote the current DC for Saggy, I'd be more than shocked...

Comment

When does the semester end at SVSU? Are they even going to be able to get a full spring practice in at this point? You have to be very careful with those pesky NCAA rules and I would think after what they have been thru no one would want any issues in that area...

I hear that Urban Meyer is available if they cant land Harbaugh.

Comment

If they promote the current DC for Saggy, I'd be more than shocked...
              http://www.svsucardinals.com/sports/...20190321fwhx3j

Ryan Brady of Ferris State named head coach.

What are everyone's thoughts on the hire?

Comment

Originally posted by lakerblue View Post
                http://www.svsucardinals.com/sports/...20190321fwhx3j

Ryan Brady of Ferris State named head coach.

What are everyone's thoughts on the hire?
                I'm honestly surprised they didn't bring Postma back to coach his old team. But hey...Their loss is our gain.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                  I'm honestly surprised they didn't bring Postma back to coach his old team. But hey...Their loss is our gain.
                  True, but I wonder if all the coaching positions Brady had was the tiebreaker. (He's worked both sides of the ball.)

Comment

At least SVSU should get their facts straight on a press release...
                    "His collegiate football career saw Brady play quarterback at Grand Valley State University, leading the Lakers to a national title game appearance in 2001 and winning a national championship with the 2002 squad. Brady served as the Lakers' quarterbacks coach on their '03 championship squad before going to Muskegon High School as a strength and conditioning coach in 2004."

Brady threw 2 passes in 2002....but I have to say he completed both as he was a converted wide out that ran the veer...Curt Anes took GVSU to the Natty and won it.

Good luck to him...
                    Last edited by champgymusa; 03-24-2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                      At least SVSU should get their facts straight on a press release...
                      "His collegiate football career saw Brady play quarterback at Grand Valley State University, leading the Lakers to a national title game appearance in 2001 and winning a national championship with the 2002 squad. Brady served as the Lakers' quarterbacks coach on their '03 championship squad before going to Muskegon High School as a strength and conditioning coach in 2004."

Brady threw 2 passes in 2002....but I have to say he completed both as the 4th string guy....

Good luck to him...
                      Only two? Ok...but for how many yards? Maybe that's all they needed that year.

Comment

I really like the pick and I like the fact, love him or hate him, that he's an Annese guy. He's young, energetic, has some good coaching experience and knows both sides of the ball. Who knows, maybe he can bring back Tesfa as a DC. On another note, that damn Murray State looks like the real deal.

Comment

I really like the pick and I like the fact, love him or hate him, that he's an Annese guy. He's young, energetic, has some good coaching experience and knows both sides of the ball. Who knows, maybe he can bring back Tesfa as a DC. On another note, that damn Murray State looks like the real deal.
                          Why would you want a guy back as your DC who has been implicated in multiple issues?
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            Why would you want a guy back as your DC who has been implicated in multiple issues?
                            Birds of a feather....:wink: Couldn't resist. To be fair, Brady may be clean as a whistle.

Comment

Just read that Isiah Dunning is going to join him at SVSU. Looks like Isiah just got a new job at Butler a few weeks ago, and is leaving that to go coach with Brady. Both have allendale school ties, but where they there during the same time?? Just wondering why the connection....Why leave a DI program to go back to DII?

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post
                                Just read that Isiah Dunning is going to join him at SVSU. Looks like Isiah just got a new job at Butler a few weeks ago, and is leaving that to go coach with Brady. Both have allendale school ties, but where they there during the same time?? Just wondering why the connection....Why leave a DI program to go back to DII?
                                Not that I know of. I thought Dunning was a player like 5 years ago? It's been 10+ since Brady has been with the program. No clue if they've kept in touch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X