Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GVSU spring game

Originally posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
    I would say I would take COLE over everyone in the conference except the Ferris QB. Plus he will be able to pick up 1-2 yards with his feet if needed.
    So would I. But I still think our running game has so much talent in it that it would be silly to not lean heavily on it.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by kleshreen View Post
      so would i. But i still think our running game has so much talent in it that it would be silly to not lean heavily on it.
      just win baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        Under 50 percent completion, with a 3/2 TD/INT ratio on the season. I'm sure he'll be better after an entire offseason working with the starters, but he was not good last year in any sense. He won the game against DU because of a blown coverage. He was 3/9 in that game. He was 15/27 for 200 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT against SV. I don't know how you can look at the level of QB's we've had at GV and say that he was good. Again, I'M SURE HE'LL BE BETTER NOW. But LAST YEAR, he was not good.
        Way more to the story than what the stats say, Dude. Not saying Cole was a worldbeater, but anyone who was at the SV game will tell you that Cole actually played quite a bit better than the stats would indicate. The DU game (IMO) is an outlier...for a whole host of reasons.

Will we be run "heavier"? Quite possibly. Guess we'll find out. For me, the premise that it is in large part to our being deficient at QB isn't necessarily true.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          So would I. But I still think our running game has so much talent in it that it would be silly to not lean heavily on it.
          Agreed, rotate backs, put your head in the dirt, drive the other team back and tell em to expect to see more of that. Uptempo a little to keep them from rotating Defensive players as much. Pass just enough to keep them honest or to take advantage of when they're not. Wear out other teams, break their wills, hang 35+ or so on them by the 3rd quarter and send out the second string guys to get some game reps in to keep them hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Agreed, rotate backs, put your head in the dirt, drive the other team back and tell em to expect to see more of that. Uptempo a little to keep them from rotating Defensive players as much. Pass just enough to keep them honest or to take advantage of when they're not. Wear out other teams, break their wills, hang 35+ or so on them by the 3rd quarter and send out the second string guys to get some game reps in to keep them hungry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X