Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall schedule release

GVSU releases fall schedule with 7 home game.

Originally posted by Woodbury View Post
    GVSU releases fall schedule with 7 home game.
    Is it uncommon for the WIAC to schedule GLIAC teams? I see they have Lacrosse.

Comment

Yes. I have no information, but I'm guessing it was the only game available on that date, but I could be wrong

Comment

I think that LaCrosse game might be the first time they've played each other since the playoffs in the early days of the GV program.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

So It looks like saggy double up with Wayne, MTU gets GV. Anyone know the others yet?

Comment

Ashland is open week 3, too bad GVSU and AU are not playing that week. D3 Wisconsin-Pick-A-Town is not very desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
              Ashland is open week 3, too bad GVSU and AU are not playing that week. D3 Wisconsin-Pick-A-Town is not very desirable.
              Hmmm. I'd love to know the actual back story here. As a plus, D3 contests have no impact on SOS, etc. And I suspect most would be in favor of an Ash V GV game.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Hmmm. I'd love to know the actual back story here. As a plus, D3 contests have no impact on SOS, etc. And I suspect most would be in favor of an Ash V GV game.
                I'd wonder if there's bad blood between Ashland and the remaining GLIAC members over Ashland's departure for the GMAC.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I'd wonder if there's bad blood between Ashland and the remaining GLIAC members over Ashland's departure for the GMAC.
                  Interesting thought. I can't speak for what the thoughts are at the admin level of the member schools, but from the fan's perspective I think most of us had a realistic sense that Ashland's time in the GLIAC was limited. I'm not happy they left, but I'm not mad at them for it and I totally get all of the 'whys'. Additionally, Ashland and Ferris are playing each other so I'm not inclined to think there is a significant "bad blood" component for majority of the league.

Would have loved to have seen Ashland and GV play in Week 3 also. AU is still open that week as it sits. With that said, AU is opening at NDC and then home for Ferris. That's a tough way to open the year regardless...to want to throw GV in right after that would have been a decidedly brutal opening three weeks. Whether GV and AU would have wanted to play each other is a question I can't answer. Given that AU already has a tall order in front of them to begin with, I could certainly see their logic in not wanting to take that on for this year.

Comment

I think that's a fun schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Probably more so of Ashland not wanting to have GV and FSU on the schedule in the same season.

Comment

Comment

Looks like SVSU has also published their 2021 schedule, two OOC games and two GLIAC doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                            Looks like SVSU has also published their 2021 schedule, two OOC games and two GLIAC doubles.
                            Mmmm...I only see one GLIAC double-dip on there: Wayne. Their OOC games are Kingsville, Bowie State, and Commerce. Not bad gets IMO, including two of those as roadies. Kudos to the program for putting some effort and resources into getting good and non-traditional opponents scheduled. Very cool, and not necessarily the easiest thing to get done.

Same goes to Wayne. Rock, Truman and S&T are good/fun gets. IIRC, Rock and Truman had been scheduled previously so that may not have been too tough to keep those rolling along.

Will be fun to see what/who everyone else is able to get on their slates. Interesting times, to be sure...

Comment

Here is the GMAC OOC games. With some of the question marks noted, any GLIAC teams playing them? Any news on Ferris or UNM schedules?

ASHLAND
                              1. At NDC
                              2. Ferris St
                              3. Open (Northwood?)
                              4. Quincy

FINDLAY
                              1. ???
                              2. ???
                              3. At SW Baptist
                              4. Lindenwood

HILLSDALE
                              1. At Mich Tech