Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwood to GMAC?

Hearing from multiple sources that Northwood is leaving the GLIAC for the private school conference GMAC in 2023

Hoping Tony Nicolette can verify one way or another

If true, with Ashland leaving, that leaves us with only ten members and worse yet, only seven football schools

What is the lady commish from Lake Superior doing about this? Sleeping at the wheel?

Tony !!!!!!

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
    Hearing from multiple sources that Northwood is leaving the GLIAC for the private school conference GMAC in 2023

If true, with Ashland leaving, that leaves us with only ten members and worse yet, only seven football schools

What is the lady commish from Lake Superior doing about this? Sleeping at the wheel?

Tony !!!!!!
    Next team to leave could result in GLIAC's demise. Follow the dots, ...... that could lead to a school to move out and up even quicker. ;-)
    Last edited by Redwing; 03-31-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Geographically speaking, this would seem like a weird move for both Northwood and the G-MAC.

Comment

OMG, we're doing this again???

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Next team to leave could result in GLIAC's demise. Follow the dots, ...... that could lead to a school to move out and up even quicker. ;-)
          I think you're right. Sorry GLIAC fans.

Comment

If Northwood leaves I think you would see GVSU, FSU and maybe SVSU move up a level? GVSU for sure has the facilites not sure about the budgets but...I hope the Wood will stay, seems like a lot more travel to me but then what do I know..

Comment

Cannot imagine this is true. Northwood would be spending a ton on travel to play a GMAC schedule in every sport. I realize being the only private school in the conference is not ideal, but it seems that they would be better off staying in the GLIAC and pushing for the conference to add Madonna, Siena Heights, Lawrence Tech, or Concordia- Ann Arbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                Cannot imagine this is true. Northwood would be spending a ton on travel to play a GMAC schedule in every sport. I realize being the only private school in the conference is not ideal, but it seems that they would be better off staying in the GLIAC and pushing for the conference to add Madonna, Siena Heights, Lawrence Tech, or Concordia- Ann Arbor.
                8 hours 12 minutes to Owensboro and 9 hours 28 minutes to Nashville.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

8 hours 12 minutes to Owensboro and 9 hours 28 minutes to Nashville.
                  My point exactly, not to mention sacrificing all those comparatively cheap inter-Michigan trips for every single sport.

Comment

Comment

Yes, I was assuming that when I made my comment too. A Northwood (or even Davenport) move makes more sense if the G-MAC footprint tightens up.

Comment

Interesting, I have said that is was probably time for both of those schools to move on for awhile. KWC makes way more sense in the GLVC these days, and TNU could move to a more southern conference. I still hope Northwood stays GLIAC, and the GMAC moves to add Uindy and/or NDC

Comment

Hearing word Northwood is definitely leaving. Announcement either today or next week. Not good for the GLIAC.

Comment

Must be true, Jim McElwain wouldn't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post

Tony !!!!!!
                              Is Tony on vacation or just not talking.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X