Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The northeast 10 and Gmac should merge for football

both will have 8 teams, play 3 crossover games and 1 non conference to get to your 11... new haven announced they are going D1

if the gmac stays at 8, their top 4 are as good as anyone d2 but winning 3 or 4 non conference then going 7-1 in conference is too tough... gmac needs more teams so they can get more teams into ncaa playoff like psac....

Comment

https://www.gonorthwood.com/general/...20210428roa2rd

Well there you go. 2021-22 in GLIAC, 22-23 in GMAC.

Looking forward to the GV/Northwood game at Lubbers this fall, now.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        https://www.gonorthwood.com/general/...20210428roa2rd

Well there you go. 2021-22 in GLIAC, 22-23 in GMAC.

Looking forward to the GV/Northwood game at Lubbers this fall, now.
        Welp, the GLIAC is in trouble. I still think this is a bad move for Northwood, but I guess I was wrong. This really puts the GLIAC in a tough spot.
        Last edited by Uindy18; 04-29-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Told ya, no one believed me. Top officials at Ashland, Tiffin and Findlay told me, quality sources.

Comment

Okay, I was wrong. Wonder what school will be next on the rumor mill.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
              I have my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fairly big change. I feel most for the UP schools since there aren't many good options for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I have my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fairly big change. I feel most for the UP schools since there aren't many good options for them.
                If they GLIAC were to full on collapse, do you think they could feasibly play in like the NSIC with the Minnesota Schools?

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                  We are in the same boat. I am really shocked by the news.

Comment

I don't like this move either. It puts you guys in a tough spot, and geography is not your best friend. I remember reading an article years ago that the GLIAC may consider a Canadian school? I think it was right past the border near Detroit. But other than that I hope you guys can poach and NAIA like Madonna or Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                      I don't like this move either. It puts you guys in a tough spot, and geography is not your best friend. I remember reading an article years ago that the GLIAC may consider a Canadian school? I think it was right past the border near Detroit. But other than that I hope you guys can poach and NAIA like Madonna or Tech.
                      I doubt that a Canadian school would be in the cards. The Canadian college sports system is fairly independent of relations with NCAA schools outside of Simon Fraser in the GNAC. I imagine the NAIA route would be the easiest route for the GLIAC, but the fact that Davenport is now the only private school is troubling.

Comment

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                        If Northwood leaves I think you would see GVSU, FSU and maybe SVSU move up a level? GVSU for sure has the facilites not sure about the budgets but...I hope the Wood will stay, seems like a lot more travel to me but then what do I know..
                        Not sure how the current admin at GV feels about it, but I remember Selgo putting out a big piece about how moving up wouldn't make sense both financially and competitively. Reading that in undergrad I thought it was silly, but it's made more sense to me now. Budgets can be balanced, but the talent gap between the P5 and G5, not to mention FCS, is wider than ever.

Personally, I think transforming the GLIAC into an FCS conference would be amazing for football considering the profiles and types of schools within the conference. Realistically, I figure that doing so would essentially ensure that the non-football teams never win another national championship again.

My dream scenario is that P5 goes to do its own thing and let the cards fall from there. Maybe merge CMU, WMU, and EMU with the rest of the GLIAC to form a new conference in a Division that would combine G5 and FCS. Obviously there are a lot of details that would need to be (and probably could never be) fleshed out, but that's why it's a dream.

Comment

• No idea who runs this Twitter, but it sounds like GLIAC will be adding a program soon.

https://twitter.com/GreatLakesHoops/...02868028162050
                          Last edited by mtsax305; 04-29-2021, 12:51 PM. Reason: broken link

Comment

• Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
                            No idea who runs this Twitter, but it sounds like GLIAC will be adding a program soon.

https://twitter.com/GreatLakesHoops/...02868028162050
                            Interesting, I cannot tell if they are trying to just be funny or actually trying to hint at something. I would lean towards the just trying to be funny

Comment

• Best be the for GLIAC is to have a current member like Purdue NW start a football team, much like Davenport did a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                                Best be the for GLIAC is to have a current member like Purdue NW start a football team, much like Davenport did a few years ago.
                                That would be something. I doubt Purdue-NW would, just because the budgetary state of public colleges in Indiana. If I remember correctly, they were not even sure if they were going to keep a lot of regional campuses like Purdue-NW open a few years ago, and Purdue-NW only survived because it was merger of two other schools (one of which was Purdue-Calumet I think)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X