Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall covid issues

Any thoughts as to how teams are going to handle the Covid issues as the NCAA is showing no one any breaks on the contact and testing. Say a team is 50% vaccinated and the starting center tests positive? Whole O line out since they meet together? This could get really ugly fast with the new virus variant? Any teams requiring the vaccine?

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Any thoughts as to how teams are going to handle the Covid issues as the NCAA is showing no one any breaks on the contact and testing. Say a team is 50% vaccinated and the starting center tests positive? Whole O line out since they meet together? This could get really ugly fast with the new virus variant? Any teams requiring the vaccine?
    It varies state to state....

https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/li...id-19-vaccine/

Comment

I would anticipate most teams are going to be nearly, if not fully, vaccinated. The NFL has a goal of 85% of each team being vaccinated and I believe they've nearly hit that goal as of today. I'm guessing college numbers will be even higher. I don't think we'll see many issues, and if we do, it will be one-offs where the rest of the team is not impacted.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        I would anticipate most teams are going to be nearly, if not fully, vaccinated. The NFL has a goal of 85% of each team being vaccinated and I believe they've nearly hit that goal as of today. I'm guessing college numbers will be even higher. I don't think we'll see many issues, and if we do, it will be one-offs where the rest of the team is not impacted.
        I would bet you any amount of money that there will not be a single team in the GLIAC, the GMAC or any other D2 school in the midwest that has 85% vaccination rate. The numbers in that age group across the country just don't support that. I'm not sure what this fall will bring, but im sure some schools will have a harder time then others. I also believe it will depend on what state you are in.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          Interesting state to state difference between NY and PA. In NY virtually all public and private schools, including CUNY and SUNY, are "requiring" vax while next door in PA none of the state, PASSHE and PSU, as well as state related PITT and TEMPLE are doing the same. Only privates in the Quaker State.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
            I would hope that they would just quarantine the affected players.

There's probably too many people with a say in the matter to know for sure. Everyone from the state and NCAA to local governments and individual schools.

There's also the aspect of natural immunity from getting the disease prior. Jury still seems to be out on how long that lasts, but I honestly think we'd be seeing far more infections if it didn't last very long.

Comment

I think GVSU and WSU both have an advantage with the schools requiring vaccines...the NCAA will require testing on all teams before games and if you are getting players testing positive 48 hours before a game there is going to be some huge issues and I would go so far as to say some forfeits. This is NOT about rights and politics....from a pure football standpoint I think it will be an advantage...
              Last edited by champgymusa; 08-07-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                I think GVSU and WSU both have an advantage with the schools requiring vaccines...the NCAA will require testing on all teams before games and if you are getting players testing positive 48 hours before a game there is going to be some huge issues and I would go so far as to say some forfeits. This is NOT about rights and politics....from a pure football standpoint I think it will be an advantage...
                Not to mention that if the whole campus is vaccinated and mostly masking up indoors, it should help to isolate the football players somewhat more from random covid spread. And probably the people that are really going to have a problem with that order are probably not going to show up for move in day. I've got my HS QB who's all sorts of ticked off that his daughter is all set to go to GVSU this fall on a softball scholarship. Me, I'm just kinda blown away that he has kids old enough to be going to college now.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be anyone playing Hillsdale this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    I wouldn't want to be anyone playing Hillsdale this year.
                    Why not? I am sure they are testing like the NCAA requires...

Comment

Are you familiar at all with Hillsdale's positions? They have to test per the NCAA but have refused to require or encourage vaccinations students & staff. Cases are already surging in Hillsdale County.

Comment

There's zero chance that Hillsdale is doing anything to protect anyone. They defied the Michigan AG and held an in-person, hundreds person graduation LAST fall in the midst of everything. I would be absolutely shocked if there is anything going on besides the NCAA bare minimum for their athletic teams.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Vaccines will be required on WSU's campus. Also, President Wilson just announced that 100% of the Warrior football team is vaccinated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X