Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinboro @ GV Game day moved

The Grand Valley State 2021 season-opening football game versus Edinboro set for Thursday, Sept. 2 at 7 p.m., has been moved to Saturday, Sept. 4. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 4) at Lubbers Stadium. The game was moved back due to roster issues with the Edinboro football team related to COVID-19 protocols.

All tickets and parking passes issued for the game will still be valid. Fans do not have to take any additional action to attend the game.

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    The Grand Valley State 2021 season-opening football game versus Edinboro set for Thursday, Sept. 2 at 7 p.m., has been moved to Saturday, Sept. 4. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 4) at Lubbers Stadium. The game was moved back due to roster issues with the Edinboro football team related to COVID-19 protocols.

All tickets and parking passes issued for the game will still be valid. Fans do not have to take any additional action to attend the game.
    And I was all set to go to that game on Thursday. Probably not going to make it on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

And I was all set to go to that game on Thursday. Probably not going to make it on Saturday.
      I bet you're not the only one. I'm glad we have the game, but since we just moved to GR it would have been our first game at Lubbers with short drive. Instead we're up north and will drive down for the game.. Tough life eh?

Comment

Now canceled: https://gvsulakers.com/news/2021/8/3...-canceled.aspx
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Just so disappointing, particularly considering the entire situation is/was preventable.

I find it hard to believe that this is going to be the only time we see this over the course of the next 11+ weeks...

Comment

GVSU says they are looking an opponent to fill in for either Friday or Saturday.. I highly doubt they'll be able to with such short notice, but anyone have any insight on this or know what teams are even available to play?

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
              GVSU says they are looking an opponent to fill in for either Friday or Saturday.. I highly doubt they'll be able to with such short notice, but anyone have any insight on this or know what teams are even available to play?
              IUP has an open date, but they're not looking for a top flight opponent pretty much like GVSU was in scheduling BORO.

Comment

My assumption would be the only way they get an opponent is if someone relatively close, as in a GLVC or GMAC school, has a COVID cancelation of their own in the next 24 hours.

Comment

Comment

If you're going to bring in a team crossing state lines, you better hope its a private school that could mandate vaccinations long ago. PA state schools were hamstrung by a state assembly that was so put off by the governor's mitigation efforts last summer that won't budge on considering vaccines or masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
                      Just so disappointing, particularly considering the entire situation is/was preventable.

I find it hard to believe that this is going to be the only time we see this over the course of the next 11+ weeks...
                      Bolded for absolute agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

IUP has an open date, but they're not looking for a top flight opponent pretty much like GVSU was in scheduling BORO.
                        As I posted on the other thread. GV doesn't duck opponents, nor look to play softer teams. It's that teams won't schedule GV.

Comment

My assumption is that you're not going to get any opponents who aren't within bus distance at this point. It's too late to arrange travel by air. I don't think they're going to find another opponent unless someone else within the GLIAC, a GLVC, or a GMAC school also have a cancellation soon because one team can't play.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

As I posted on the other thread. GV doesn't duck opponents, nor look to play softer teams. It's that teams won't schedule GV.
                            So the average record for FIGHTIN' SCOTS of 5-6 for the last decade wasn't something anyone would need to duck, but to some they may appear, to the uneducated, as a softer team. Just sayin' !!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69
                              So the average record for FIGHTIN' SCOTS of 5-6 for the last decade wasn't something anyone would need to duck, but to some they may appear, to the uneducated, as a softer team. Just sayin' !!

RW's point is that we don't look for the weaker teams, but that sometimes when no one will schedule you you're left with those who will actually sign-on. I agree that 'Boro is softer...but they had the stones to sign-on. Believe me, the list of supposed "elite" programs in this country who have said "no" to playing GV is not short...which is funny in a way, considering our output over the last ten years doesn't measure up to what we were doing the ten years prior...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X