Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

You nailed it, Dude. When I saw WSSU had their came cancel, I really thought they would jump in quick. They are now left with only nine scheduled games, and only three home games. After not playing for a year, and now left with a tiny number of home dates, I'd have thought they would be thanking their lucky stars that they could fill the date...particularly with named program that likely would help with the draw.

And, as you stated, I would think the competitive nature of any team or staff would be enough to want to make this go. I don't get it either...
    I would imagine if it were up to just the football programs they would say hell yes and lets play. The amount of bull**** politics that happen inside an athletic department is crazy to me. At the end of the day these sports are just a game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post
        Its sad to say but the main reason for all of this is the two UP schools. Most D2 schools just don't have the funds to travel up there once or twice a year. My prediction is GV will go D1 and Ferris will go independent. The rest of the Gliac will find another conference and the two UP schools get bumped to D3. Especially with the best D3 conference in the country around 5-6 hours away. I would say they could join the Minnesota conference but I doubt they would get accepted.
        This is shaping up to be a likely scenario.

Comment

I'm super disappointed that it appears GV's opener will be against an incredible Pueblo team instead of having this game against Edinboro. Pueblo is going to have a game under their belt, and GV is gonna be going in to it cold. I don't like that, at all.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

FYI: If anyone's September 11th game gets cancelled, Findlay is open. Just so ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post
              Its sad to say but the main reason for all of this is the two UP schools. Most D2 schools just don't have the funds to travel up there once or twice a year. My prediction is GV will go D1 and Ferris will go independent. The rest of the Gliac will find another conference and the two UP schools get bumped to D3. Especially with the best D3 conference in the country around 5-6 hours away. I would say they could join the Minnesota conference but I doubt they would get accepted.
              The UP schools can't go D3 because they are already D1 in Men's Ice Hockey. The rules as to why it would matter are about as clear as mud, but I believe that the NCAA has some rules stating that they wouldn't be able to go D3 in their other sports and keep their D1 hockey programs. Too many of their ice hockey fans would howl if they had to drop down to D3. If anything, Tech and NMU would drop football and somehow soldier on with Lake State as D2 non football schools.
              Last edited by bigmrg74; 09-02-2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Hey GV Folks, please get off your high horse. The "everyone is afraid to play us" angle is not only egoistical but not very accurate. You're seriously making that statement because you have no takers to play you on 3 days notice? There is much more to a pulling off a game than just the football aspect. You keep referring to yourself as a National Power and yet what have you done in the last decade to warrant that title? Yes, it absolutely sucks for the student-athletes who have been patiently waiting to get back on the field but don't turn this situation into another opportunity for GV to puff their chest and declare yourself a National Power even before the season starts. Then in the same breath, KleShreen is setting the table for a possible loss to Pueblo. If you're as good as you always like to think you are, why be worried at all?

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                  Hey GV Folks, please get off your high horse. The "everyone is afraid to play us" angle is not only egoistical but not very accurate. You're seriously making that statement because you have no takers to play you on 3 days notice? There is much more to a pulling off a game than just the football aspect. You keep referring to yourself as a National Power and yet what have you done in the last decade to warrant that title? Yes, it absolutely sucks for the student-athletes who have been patiently waiting to get back on the field but don't turn this situation into another opportunity for GV to puff their chest and declare yourself a National Power even before the season starts. Then in the same breath, KleShreen is setting the table for a possible loss to Pueblo. If you're as good as you always like to think you are, why be worried at all?

Comment

It's very possible it is purely logistics purposes. But when 1 PSAC, 1 CIAA, and at least two FCS schools are declining the offer for GV to travel to them, and two of those schools already had games scheduled, so they were prepared to play, then what do you think the reason is?
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

So, some of our posters have done some chest-puffing...but not all of us. Don't lump an entire fanbase into your narrative. There is a large component of our posters out here that know...and frankly have openly lamented that we haven't performed to the level we were used to/prefer. Frankly, since we aren't as great as we used to be, that furthers the question of why teams that already had games scheduled seem content not to play this weekend vs. having some fun and rolling it out with us.

As for this game, no...we aren't expecting anyone to just "drop everything on three days notice". For starters, it wasn't three days...we've been working on this for three days already, and we have told teams we will gladly play them on Saturday. Secondly, we have offered to play people AT THEIR PLACE...some of whom already had home games scheduled, so they should have been more than prepped from a Game Day Op's perspective. I stand by what I posted earlier: I would think just the competitive nature of football programs would want to make that happen. Last, we don't have any advantage...we have the same short schedule to prepare...and again, we have been offering to travel if it made it better for them. No takers.

Yep, we're disappointed and we absolutely want a game wherever we can get one. Other teams in this same situation, by their actions, are showing that they don't. I don't get it, but many of us are out here pitching that alone...not the narrative that "everyone is afraid to play us". Frankly, given that we don't even have The Shoes at the moment, no one should fear us at all...

Comment

Wayne state beats us for the first time in like 30 years and this is the outcome LOL

Comment

Well, since I'm a half full kind of guy (watch it fans.) At least our SOS will improve without this game! Yeah, I know, we'll have less games, but yeah. As for Eboro, yes, from what I've seen, they BACKED out. They chose NOT to play the game. True not all of their guys were able to have full practice, but they could have fielded more than enough players. On to Colorado!

Comment

Mines has seemingly jumped on board of scheduling tough games as well, it will certainly make for a much more fun D2 OOC schedule if more top teams are willing to play each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Mines has seemingly jumped on board of scheduling tough games as well, it will certainly make for a much more fun D2 OOC schedule if more top teams are willing to play each other.
                              True that. They have games with GV coming up too!

Comment

Edinboro was not allowed to mandate the vaccine and unfortunately there was a covid issue with the team. There was at least positive case with many ordered to quarantine for an extended period of time due to not being vaccinated. I saw a since-deleted post online that had 1 positive case with 44 ordered into quarantine. When they asked to move the game its my understanding they were hoping to get permission for some kids to be released from quarantine but were ultimately unsuccessful. I'm not making excuses - but they definitely didn't chicken out. They also lost a decent guarantee that means a big deal to a program with about 12 schollies.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X