Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin university athletics

Does Wisconsin's university system prohibit or restrict D2 teams in athletics?

Comment

Thanks. That explains why their are no D2 football teams in Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
        Thanks. That explains why their are no D2 football teams in Wisconsin.
        Would be nice if we could get Parkside to start up a football program and tell Madison to bugger off.

Comment

That would certainly help the GLIAC out.

Comment

The same with Purdue NW.

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
              The same with Purdue NW.
              Before they got admitted there were plans to start a football program, but somehow it get derailed.

Comment

Keep in mind that the D3 UW schools which sponsor football were effectively grandfathered in as they were actually part of the Wisconsin State University system before they merged with UW in 1971. That restriction keeping scholarship football exclusively to Madison is undoubtedly one reason why you haven't seen any of the WIAC members explore D2 as an option.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Anyone hear anything new in the rumor mill for Lake State bringing back football? It looks like there were rumblings in the news in 2019 but nothing since. Given it's her alma mater and the way football is going in the conference, I'd assume the GLIAC commish would be pushing for it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
                    Anyone hear anything new in the rumor mill for Lake State bringing back football? It looks like there were rumblings in the news in 2019 but nothing since. Given it's her alma mater and the way football is going in the conference, I'd assume the GLIAC commish would be pushing for it to happen.
                    Wouldn't she have to care about football first?

I'll show myself out...

Comment

She'll retire immediately after GV announces they are leaving...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McElwain View Post
                        She'll retire immediately after GV announces they are leaving...
                        If GV ever says they are leaving the GLIAC, the GLIAC is done, I think. Will be just like when it went from GLIAC to MIFC before eventually going back to the GLIAC. Except there won't be enough football schools to make a conference out of this time.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X