Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35-10 GV near the end of the 3rd quarter.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

As someone who's followed gv football for almost thirty years I've unfortunately learned the hard way since martin left to not let the hopes get too high because of let down after letdown after letdown
      having said that I see how they've destroyed everyone they've played so far including svsu today who despite their record is a pretty good team

i watched my first gv game in person last week for first time in 7 years after attending well over 150 from 94- 15...I moved to a place 9 hours away from allendale....they looked awesome at tech.... defense looked legit and the running game also looked great which is key for playoff success

i feel for the first time in way too long that this team is a legit contender for a title....fsu is still the team to beat but I like our chances

of course this could be wishful thinking once again?

D2 football ain't the same without the lakers in the championship conversation.... we'll find out soon if this is another illusion

Comment

Originally posted by SVSUAlum
        After reflecting on the game I had one thought....I wish GVSU could of took Coach Brady back home with them. I would even like to offer GVSU a trade, Coach Brady for Coach Postma. Come on it's only fair as Coach Postma is a CARDINAL!! I played ball with him and how he didn't get the job a few years ago is a crime. Our wins have come against teams that have a combined record of 2-6. Come on Laker nation throw us a bone and send us Postma. Best of luck on the rest of the year GVSU as you have a legit chance this year.
        Sorry, no deal. You should have nabbed LaFluer a few years ago.

Comment

Comment

Won by 30 points. Had 400 yards of total offense with zero turnovers. Averaged 8 yards PER PLAY. The only reason we didnt have more offensive yards or TDs was because we lost out on 2 drives with a kick 6 and a pick 6. I get the frustration from Laker fans for the past 8 years but at some point you have to recognize an OC who is putting his guys into position to succeed time and time again. Thats all without 3/4 top WRs playing.

Comment

Which game did you watch? The OC took what was open to them and used it pretty well I thought. This is a team that has some talent on the D line which many transfers and GVSU basically owned that game. A rival game at SVSU. A large margin of victory playing with several back ups at the skill positions. Zero turn overs was huge against this team which was leading the nation in the turnover margin and the GVSU Special teams also had a field day. I will take this kind of win everyday and be happy...you should too...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Which game did you watch? The OC took what was open to them and used it pretty well I thought. This is a team that has some talent on the D line which many transfers and GVSU basically owned that game. A rival game at SVSU. A large margin of victory playing with several back ups at the skill positions. Zero turn overs was huge against this team which was leading the nation in the turnover margin and the GVSU Special teams also had a field day. I will take this kind of win everyday and be happy...you should too...

Comment

28 first half points... 14 coming from the offense. they scored on 2 of their 5 drives that first half. They didnt get to have the chance to score as much because... wait for it... there was a pick 6 and kick 6. I get they hesitation especially if youre a life long GV fan. But to come down on the OC even a little bit after this game is absurd.

Comment

So how would you Allendalers rate the new OCs play calling compared to previous years?

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

28 first half points... 14 coming from the offense. they scored on 2 of their 5 drives that first half. They didnt get to have the chance to score as much because... wait for it... there was a pick 6 and kick 6. I get they hesitation especially if youre a life long GV fan. But to come down on the OC even a little bit after this game is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                        So how would you Allendalers rate the new OCs play calling compared to previous years?
                        they dont compare. Vitz has brought new life to not only the offense but the team as well. The last two OCs we had... 1 went to a highschool in Iowa and now is a position coach at a bottom tier D2 team. The most recent is a OC at a local highschool that is averaging less than 10 points a game lol Its not too difficult to be better than those two but I think he is right on track, lets not forget this is his first time calling plays so it should just continue to get better while he settles in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
                          I think that is fair though. You have a team that far superior when it comes to talent than everyone in our league except 1 team. They should be making the playoffs every year. I just hope we can make a good run at the conference championship this year. Im sick of seeing those people north of us winning it

Comment

All I know is that I am a fan of any type of offense that averages 8 yards per snap with no turnovers. And I also must add that the unforms looked very good. Those GVSU equipment guys must really know their stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                              All I know is that I am a fan of any type of offense that averages 8 yards per snap with no turnovers. And I also must add that the unforms looked very good. Those GVSU equipment guys must really know their stuff....
                              The footballs seemed to be a little slick... If you have a contact with the football team can you make sure they are mudded properly?

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

The footballs seemed to be a little slick... If you have a contact with the football team can you make sure they are mudded properly?
                                He might have a close contact their. But that EM is top shelf. ;-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X