Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Uhh, pretty sure that's the other Wayne State.

Salt enters open wound...
    Yeah, you can tell cuz we can't afford to field a rugby team.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Uhh, pretty sure that's the other Wayne State.

Salt enters open wound...
      Two Wayne State's? I wasn't aware. Wayne must be one popular guy. :D
      Last edited by crixus; 10-15-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Two Wayne State's? I wasn't aware. Wayne must be one popular guy. :D
        Yes there is a Wayne State College (located in Nebraska) and Wayne State University (In Michigan)....fairly certain there is no connection between the two other than the names.

On a football note, please beat Davenport tomorrow Wayne State (MI)...please

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post

Yes there is a Wayne State College (located in Nebraska) and Wayne State University (In Michigan)....fairly certain there is no connection between the two other than the names.

On a football note, please beat Davenport tomorrow Wayne State (MI)...please
          I hate to do this but Wayne State in Nebraska is ranked nationally for the first time in over a decade. They're former coach retired after 23 years and they brought in a great coach who has been a force in the NSIC. They have a big game this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

I hate to do this but Wayne State in Nebraska is ranked nationally for the first time in over a decade. They're former coach retired after 23 years and they brought in a great coach who has been a force in the NSIC. They have a big game this weekend.
            Wayne State in Detroit needs to do the same thing Wayne State in Nebraska did, i.e. convince the current head coach to retire and bring in a great new head coach.

Comment

Congrats to Wayne St. on the win. Much needed.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post

Yeah, you can tell cuz we can't afford to field a rugby team.
                You guys should be able to find enough players for a women's rugby program easy. I do think that there's some rugby club in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  You guys should be able to find enough players for a women's rugby program easy. I do think that there's some rugby club in Detroit.
                  It isn't a lack of players it's a lack of desire to allocate money for a varsity rugby team.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior71 View Post
                    The next head coach will also need to understand he will never have an indoor facility (but they did tweet out something about their new elevator they built to the press box!). With the new bball arena being built they are land locked. They have a nice indoor tennis facility though.
                    So I did a little bit of digging into this. According to the Warrior Within magazine from when it was being built, the building can hold a 75 yard football practice field. Though, having been inside it before, I don't recall seeing any turf being rolled up, so they may have never ordered it. I can only imagine that practicing on it would be as "fun" as the Superior Dome's Magic Carpet. The team has previously rented out Ford Field on occasion to practice in. They could probably do the same at Detroit City Fieldhouse if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post

It isn't a lack of players it's a lack of desire to allocate money for a varsity rugby team.
                      Well, the rugby that has been discussed in this thread is all club. Kinda think the expense on that would be a fair amount less than an actual varsity offering...

Comment

Basketball season cannot come soon enough.

Comment

I think it's time to seriously think about eliminating football altogether. The admin does not seem to want to do what it will take to improve the program to the point where it can compete against the likes of GV, FSU and other top D2 teams. Hell, they can't compete effectively against most of the teams in the GLIAC for that matter.

They will retain their HC who Is well under .500 since 2011 and has gone 2-9 for two of the last three seasons and they will still not fully fund the football program to the level it needs to be. They probably would be better off as a D3 program but that can't happen unless the entire athletic program goes D3 so that's probably out of the question.

I've followed the team for 50 years and over that time they've mostly struggled and have had very little success. I had some hope for the 1st few years of the Winters regime but that hope is mostly lost now so it's time to put the patient out of its misery and pull the plug on Wayne State football.

Comment

Comment

The pieces are more than there...great area to recruit, nice stadium, great school, I think all that is needed is the right leadership. I am sure the current coach is a hell of a nice guy, but damn listening to him on the broadcast he was beaten down badly...injuries...sure...even GVSU played with out 6 starters on offense...it happens...but you have to show some spark if you expect your men to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

The pieces are more than there...great area to recruit, nice stadium, great school, I think all that is needed is the right leadership. I am sure the current coach is a hell of a nice guy, but damn listening to him on the broadcast he was beaten down badly...injuries...sure...even GVSU played with out 6 starters on offense...it happens...but you have to show some spark if you expect your men to follow...
                                Wayne has been a couple of bad breaks all season. Heck they would have really helped us all out if they could have just beaten Slippery Rock and Missouri S&T. they took S&T to OT. one more lucky break turnover in those games and they could have had a whole lot more confidence in themselves going into this game. But to lose some heartbreakers like they have had this year and be totally out of a shot with as much stuff has gone on the past two years and this season, and then be starring down the two headed monster that is GVSU and Ferris state to end out their season, I would kinda think that it sucks. Who knows, maybe they somehow they play spoiler against Ferris state somehow that doesn't involve all of Ferris being out sick with covid or the runs. Ferris could easily be looking past Wayne and looking at the second round game they would get along with the bye that they all but have locked up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X