Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

The pieces are more than there...great area to recruit, nice stadium, great school, I think all that is needed is the right leadership.
    I agree completely. That's why we alumni get so frustrated. Doesn't look like there are any leadership changes on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Wayne has been a couple of bad breaks all season. Heck they would have really helped us all out if they could have just beaten Slippery Rock and Missouri S&T. they took S&T to OT. one more lucky break turnover in those games and they could have had a whole lot more confidence in themselves going into this game. But to lose some heartbreakers like they have had this year and be totally out of a shot with as much stuff has gone on the past two years and this season, and then be starring down the two headed monster that is GVSU and Ferris state to end out their season, I would kinda think that it sucks. Who knows, maybe they somehow they play spoiler against Ferris state somehow that doesn't involve all of Ferris being out sick with covid or the runs. Ferris could easily be looking past Wayne and looking at the second round game they would get along with the bye that they all but have locked up.
      Anything is possible in football, but Wayne is also pretty banged up. I have no idea how many will be able to come back and play this Saturday, but I suspect that this may barely be a scrimmage for the BSdogs.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
        Warrior71 - Although I agree on a various points you make, Wooster is a strong coach who still would've brought in new energy and already would've had the respect of the team if he were named the head man. Yes you are right there are no more Lake Erie or Walsh opponents anymore however even back in 2011-2014 the GLIAC was even stronger than it is now IMO. The GLIAC back then had Indianapolis, Ohio Dominican, Ashland, Findlay, & Hillsdale. All playoff caliber programs. The new program nowadays, Davenport, is not very good. Neither is Northwood or Northern, heck Michigan Tech has regressed some as well. Regardless, I do think now someone new outside the program will come in determined to get the program back. Agree, 0-5 is unacceptable and frankly embarrassing to fans & alumni alike. Also agree the upgrades to the football program has been lackluster since 2011. They've purchased no less than 4 full alternative uniforms for the players to wear and yet haven't improved the actual stadium facilities aside from a video tower and an elevator.
        I would say based on the Gatoraid bath that Wooster got from his GVSU players after the game, GVSU is THRILLED with WSUs lack of vision. Wooster is a hell of a teacher, coach, mentor and ya all missed that badly.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

I would say based on the Gatoraid bath that Wooster got from his GVSU players after the game, GVSU is THRILLED with WSUs lack of vision. Wooster is a hell of a teacher, coach, mentor and ya all missed that badly.
          I mean I feel like that might be a bit extreme. At some point there's such a difference in the levels that nothing you can do is going to keep a guy. For the same reason Rice isn't going to keep a Nick Saban forever. When the better program comes calling, you have to go. Now I don't know Wooster's situation and whether Wayne just let him go for peanuts or had no shot at keeping him anyway, but.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Last edited by Warrior71; 11-08-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

NO Wayne State did not fire Wooster...my point is they had a better coach than the present head coach gentleman on staff and totally over looked him. My understanding is that Wooster applied for a job and made a move...and GVSU is thrilled that he did. Clearly the GVSU faithful hope that nothing changes at WSU coaching wise. As for GVSU having everything clearly they have one BIG advantage...leadership. Try and help GVSU and knock off Ferris please.

Comment

NO Wayne State did not fire Wooster...my point is they had a better coach than the present head coach gentleman on staff and totally over looked him. My understanding is that Wooster applied for a job and made a move...and GVSU is thrilled that he did. Clearly the GVSU faithful hope that nothing changes at WSU coaching wise. As for GVSU having everything clearly they have one BIG advantage...leadership. Try and help GVSU and knock off Ferris please.

Comment

You're only asking because you know there isn't going to be a rematch ;)

Comment

Well you might have a point...we did lose to Ferris again this year...but unlike Wayne State we are actually trying to get better,,,,rolling out the 2011 runner ups was a nice touch....we don't roll out the misses....only the hits....

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

You're only asking because you know there isn't going to be a rematch ;)
                      You think Ferris will lose in the opening round? Fair enough I guess...

Comment

Should i break out the mini violin for you? lol Wooster was at Wayne State far too long. He was waiting his turn to take over a program that is obviously still stuck on 1 national championship run. All this talk how GV has everything to succeed and should be destroying everyone is laughable to me. Yes, we have facilities that are better than everyone elses, but thats not the only thing that goes into recruiting. Wayne is smack dab in the middle of some of the best athletes in the Midwest and they still find a way to lose recruits over and over again. I would say the reason is because of a coach who should have been fired 5 years ago weighing down the program. Maybe our expectations are higher than the actual WSU fans

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Should i break out the mini violin for you? lol Wooster was at Wayne State far too long. He was waiting his turn to take over a program that is obviously still stuck on 1 national championship run. All this talk how GV has everything to succeed and should be destroying everyone is laughable to me. Yes, we have facilities that are better than everyone elses, but thats not the only thing that goes into recruiting. Wayne is smack dab in the middle of some of the best athletes in the Midwest and they still find a way to lose recruits over and over again. I would say the reason is because of a coach who should have been fired 5 years ago weighing down the program. Maybe our expectations are higher than the actual WSU fans

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior71 View Post

You should win every game you play, every GLIAC championship, and be in the title game at least once every two to three years.
                            As the local bum in the thread I would challenge you to reread my post where I clearly say the complete opposite. As a prestigious member of the WSU alum (assumption) you would think reading would be your strength. Assuming WSU academic requirements are similar to Yale or Harvard like you try to make it seem lol

Your last statement seems to be hinting that facilities are the only thing that matter since, which again is laughable since you just called me an idiot for saying that LOL I know 2019 was the greatest moment of your miserable life, but please do me a favor and crawl back into whatever hole you live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior71 View Post
                              I also posted earlier about the financial situation (scholarships) academic requirements, etc. It would be repetitive if I got into all of that again.
                              I don't want to give Winters a free pass but it's hard to compete at a high level in the GLIAC or nationally with these disadvantages. I have to lower my expectations even more. I guess a 6 or 7 win season is about all we can aspire to and we'll have to be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post

I don't want to give Winters a free pass but it's hard to compete at a high level in the GLIAC or nationally with these disadvantages. I have to lower my expectations even more. I guess a 6 or 7 win season is about all we can aspire to and we'll have to be happy with that.
                                Curious as to how long this has been going on? Was this still the case in 2010/2011? If so, really don't subscribe to this having a huge impact on the quality of teams Wayne State puts out. If Wayne proved they can win 8-9+ games a season multiple years then it could happen again.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X