• Show
Clear All

• DawgUp
    replied
    Hope Jake didn't give us the kiss of death....lol

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    this is going to be a great game if each team shows up - I think they both will - can't call it either way - could be close or a blowout - I'm rooting for my Lakers - Go Blue Beat Ferris

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    This is going to come down to what it always comes down to...coaching and special teams . IF (big IF) TA can get Ferris to play with discipline, not turn the ball over and we make our extra points/field goals..Ferris wins. Problem is I can't recall when we've been able to play a game with all 3 of those being taken care of this year. As I stated before, you can get away with that with lesser competition, but against teams with equal footing that will spell doom.

As lakerman said coaching and game planning edge goes to TA. New OC or not for Allendale, it's not close. TA is a master at running his offense and taking advantage of where ever you leave a weakness.

Looking forward to a tough back and forward game. Hopefully neither team comes in and lays an egg and we can look forward to the rematch in the playoffs (that is if Allendale doesn't crap the bed against Wayne St. or get smashed in the 1st round at home again..lol)

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Tony Annese's media session after practice today

TL;DW
    1. "Jared is a work in progress", reiterated confidence in all 4 quarterbacks
    2. Several guys who were injured last week will be available for GV thanks to the bye week, did not provide specific names
    3. Cautioned against expecting a shootout by pointing to the last three games becoming defensive grinds

Leave a comment:

• champgymusa
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Uz Farris greduates can du maff juts fyne think yu vary mulch.
    Do you happen to know a guy named Cooter from North Alabama? Cooter was a wise and famous poster from back in the day. I think you guys would bond....I sure miss Bulldog as well...Bulldog was a great dude, and while he pulled for his beloved Bulldogs at Ferris, he knew what he was talking about too. Ahhh...the good old days...enjoy the show boys and girls...its gonna be a great match up in Allendale. I think these two teams will play twice this year if things go as most people think they will....but ya never know...the football is an odd shape and it takes many odd bounces. Anchor Up.

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

I don't know if your comments make sense or not but I did want to mention that you might be the first Ferris poster I have seen in a long time that can actually do math correctly. I take it you got your Masters from Ferris in Golf Course management? Most Ferris grads cant do this high level math.
    Uz Farris greduates can du maff juts fyne think yu vary mulch.

Leave a comment:

• GV Retired Bum
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

I don't know if your comments make sense or not but I did want to mention that you might be the first Ferris poster I have seen in a long time that can actually do math correctly. I take it you got your Masters from Ferris in Golf Course management? Most Ferris grads cant do this high level math.
    boom roasted. FSUBulldog27

Leave a comment:

• MrsThortonMelon
    replied
    Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
    Let's get this started - The Pain and your disappointment is coming your way. Lets get a quick survey on your excuses - my early thought

1) Matt Mitchell doesn't know how to coach (23%)
    2) Tony Annese is a cheater and recruits illegally (40%)
    3) QB play not as good as advertised (17%)
    4) Defense - not playing up to our 20 years ago standard (19%)
    5) Ferris State has outplayed us the last 8 years (1%)

Leave a comment:

• D2 Dad
    replied
    I agree with the game plan . Hard to get out of our heads but this is a totally new offensive scheme and a QB who can throw and move . Bye bye back shoulder offense . Very deep front 7 for GVSU, will wear them down . Early prediction 31-21 Lakers

Leave a comment:

• Thelakerman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

So you are saying the excuses I listed haven't been mentioned by GVSU lovers on this board during the Annese era. The only chance you can sniff us this weekend is that Bernhardt doesn't play.

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes the bug - I feel like we are the windshield
    Your Ferris friends have already been here saying Ferris doesn't stand a chance. Make up your mind.

Leave a comment:

• D2 Dad
    replied
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied
    Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post
    Aside from the ridiculous comments from the troll above. This game will be a classic right from the jump. These two offense are the most powerful in the entire nation and I think we will see that this saturday. After looking at some stats, Ferris has a very below average defense that I think will get them in trouble. They rely heavily on transfers for their secondary which they didn't get this year, which will hurt them in this game. Every bone in my body wants to say GV will go into this game and dominate because they have the offensive fire power and much superior defense. But Tony always finds a way to get the best of GV. I don't agree with everything he does off the field, but you can say that about pretty much every coach ever (Some you hear more about). But when it comes to every saturday in the fall, he has his guys ready to go and win against whoever they are playing against. I think we will see a 45-38 GV victory, but if both teams come out and play their absolute best football, GV will win by more than that.

Looking forward to being at this one and seeing what seems to be a fantastic football game in the making.
    So you are saying the excuses I listed haven't been mentioned by GVSU lovers on this board during the Annese era. The only chance you can sniff us this weekend is that Bernhardt doesn't play.

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes the bug - I feel like we are the windshield

Leave a comment:

• unc4life
    replied
    I think the only thing that matters is if Bernhardt plays for Ferris or not. If he is healthy and plays Ferris wins. He is the best play maker in D2. If he doesn't play I would take GV close. Either way this game is the only game that matters in the GLIAC this year.

Leave a comment:

• GV Retired Bum
    replied
    Aside from the ridiculous comments from the troll above. This game will be a classic right from the jump. These two offense are the most powerful in the entire nation and I think we will see that this saturday. After looking at some stats, Ferris has a very below average defense that I think will get them in trouble. They rely heavily on transfers for their secondary which they didnt get this year, which will hurt them in this game. Every bone in my body wants to say GV will go into this game and dominate because they have the offensive fire power and much superior defense. But Tony always finds a way to get the best of GV. I dont agree with everything he does off the field, but you can say that about pretty much every coach ever (Some you hear more about). But when it comes to every saturday in the fall, he has his guys ready to go and win against whoever they are playing against. I think we will see a 45-38 GV victory, but if both teams come out and play their absolute best football, GV will win by more than that.

Looking forward to being at this one and seeing what seems to be a fantastic football game in the making.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X