Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well enjoy it while it lasts...I don't see GVSU in the GLIAC much past next year at most....maybe sooner...who knows...Saturday night was a wild game for sure...I think a fair assessment would be that either team could have won that game...but Ferris did and GVSU didn't...so...we will see if there is a round 2 in November or December...I think the QB for Ferris is electric for sure...not sure he can stay alive that way but he sure is lighting in a bottle for sure...IF there is a rematch GVSU will need to run the ball all night long and figure out someway to play pass defense...those floating ducks need to be shot down somehow...give Ferris credit...they overcame a ton of penalties and made 3rd and 20 look like nothing..bot teams need to win out so we as fans can see a round 2...

Comment

• I'm almost certain they were going to leave at some point, but Ferris and GV transitioning from 1/2 to 1a/1b solidified that the GLIAC is an arms race a private school is never going to be able to keep up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Agreed. Watched their game against West Alabama. Picture Valdosta 2018 but faster (if that's possible) with a better defense.
        <>

Comment

• Definitely got hosed on that call. I'm on here wayyyyyy late, but I sat at the goal line for that play on the south endzone and that ball crossed the plane. Like someone else said, that was a 14 point swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Well enjoy it while it lasts...I don't see GVSU in the GLIAC much past next year at most....maybe sooner...who knows...
            Yeah personally I don't see GV staying in this dumpster fire much longer, but the bean counters might have a different take. Any inside info leaking out of Allendale on what the future is?

Not sure what direction Ferris can go. Stay with the sinking ship and then go independent? Not sure GMAC or GLVC would extend an invite and have them come in and smash the rest of their teams.

Comment

Yeah personally I don't see GV staying in this dumpster fire much longer, but the bean counters might have a different take. Any inside info leaking out of Allendale on what the future is?

Not sure what direction Ferris can go. Stay with the sinking ship and then go independent? Not sure GMAC or GLVC would extend an invite and have them come in and smash the rest of their teams.
              The GMAC will not.

Comment

I think the only move for GV is up. No conference will take them, along with Ferris. Only difference is GV has the funds to make that vertical move, where Ferris probably does not. I feel bad for them though, theres only a hand full of D2 teams that are willing to play such top talent for non conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by bankslaker View Post

Definitely got hosed on that call. I'm on here wayyyyyy late, but I sat at the goal line for that play on the south endzone and that ball crossed the plane. Like someone else said, that was a 14 point swing.
                  Insider take... According to some people that have watched the actual tape he fumbled before crossing the goalline.

Comment

• Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Insider take... According to some people that have watched the actual tape he fumbled before crossing the goalline.
                    There were pictures taken by someone right along the goal-line. Ball was definitely out. Just a good play by Ferris, and Tariq has to know he doesn't need to fight for inches on a 1st and goal from the 3.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• I'm reading on Facebook and Twitter than some new recruit at GVSU was saying that they will go D1 by 2023. Now I'll wait to have some Laker fans confirm this. I did think that this was interesting after having over 17,000 at the Ferris game.

FBS teams which did not meet the 15,000 season average threshold in 2019:

Ball St. 9,924
                      Central Mich. 13,564
                      Charlotte 12,319
                      FIU 13,874
                      Georgia Southern 13,964
                      Kent St. 12,822
                      UMass 9,498
                      Middle Tenn. 14,253
                      Northern Ill. 8,518

Comment

• https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...i-is-a-mistake
                        <>

Comment

• Most of the D2's that move up don't do well the first few years - some haven't done well after 10 years - yes, there are always exceptions but it probably won't be pretty if and when GV moves

Comment

• No, it will be butt ugly.
                            <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                              No, it will be butt ugly.
                              I disagree. When GV decides to make that jump to D1, they will be the only D1 FCS program in the state of Michigan. Thats means they would get every single recruit they wanted outside of the likes of 3 programs in the state... UM, MSU, WMU. Central might as well close down the program and Eastern is a joke. GV would dominate the 3 star classes in the state of michigan which would help them compete right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                                I'm reading on Facebook and Twitter than some new recruit at GVSU was saying that they will go D1 by 2023. Now I'll wait to have some Laker fans confirm this. I did think that this was interesting after having over 17,000 at the Ferris game.

FBS teams which did not meet the 15,000 season average threshold in 2019:

Ball St. 9,924
                                Central Mich. 13,564
                                Charlotte 12,319
                                FIU 13,874
                                Georgia Southern 13,964
                                Kent St. 12,822
                                UMass 9,498
                                Middle Tenn. 14,253
                                Northern Ill. 8,518
                                Wouldn't surprise me. I don't think GVSU sees a continued future in Division II. I would have to agree.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X