Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    I'm reading on Facebook and Twitter than some new recruit at GVSU was saying that they will go D1 by 2023. Now I'll wait to have some Laker fans confirm this. I did think that this was interesting after having over 17,000 at the Ferris game.

FBS teams which did not meet the 15,000 season average threshold in 2019:

Ball St. 9,924
    Central Mich. 13,564
    Charlotte 12,319
    FIU 13,874
    Georgia Southern 13,964
    Kent St. 12,822
    UMass 9,498
    Middle Tenn. 14,253
    Northern Ill. 8,518

This is not a fair comparisons. As great as it was last Saturday, without looking I doubt any of the games were between 2 rival teams that are only about 1 hour apart, undefeated, and ranked in the top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodbury View Post

This is not a fair comparisons. As great as it was last Saturday, without looking I doubt any of the games were between 2 rival teams that are only about 1 hour apart, undefeated, and ranked in the top 10.
      Agreed. With the exception of keeping Ferris on the schedule as a rivalry game, does anyone from the GV side think they'll be able to pull an avg of 15k a game against OVC opponents? Especially if you go from a Top 10 rank D2 team challenging for a conference title and NC to a middle of the pack OVC team?

The good part of this is you'll be able to schedule OOC games against some bigger D1 programs and get fat paychecks for getting the snot knocked out of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodbury View Post

In 2019 GV average about 10k per game. And the weather for those games was horrid. Over 14k showed up for Edinboro! And I think for 2010-19 they averaged over 11k/game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X