Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KleShreen
    replied
    Disappointing but also good game from GV. A couple things I wanted to point out.

I thought Ferris shined a very bright light on GV's shortcomings. It is a lack of height from GV WR's and GV DB's. Bernhardt threw what, 14 passes? And about 12 of them were just pop-ups that GV DB's were just totally unable to play because Ferris WR's were easily boxing them out. On the other side, GV WR's were getting out-athleted by Ferris' DB's constantly.

Special teams seemed like a wreck on defense for both teams. Everyone in the entire stadium knew that Ferris wasn't actually going to kick a 37 yard field goal with a WR on 4th and 1.

Outside of that, it's obvious that the turning points were GV turning the ball over on the goal line twice. Tariq has gotta know there's no reason to fight for yards when it's 1st and goal at the 3. Just go down and play the next down. The Cade interception was blech. If those possessions go differently, GV has a 7 point win. On top of that, GV allowed Ferris to convert from a 2nd and 33 (and subsequent 3rd and 20), and then also on a 3rd and 18 (I think). That can't happen.

The reason I am encouraged, though, is I thought Ferris played a pretty clean game outside of letting Cade run for that first down out of the punt formation and also one of the snaps over the QB's head. Ferris converted one of those in to a first down anyway. GV was still in the game when they had two turnovers that directly took points away from GV, 1 of which gave points to Ferris. I'm encouraged if somehow they get to play again. I think if both teams play clean games, it's a last-team-with-possession-wins type of game.

I just can't believe that it's yet another trick play that is the difference from Ferris. They've hit literally every single trick play they've ever run in high-pressure situations against GV with TA there. On the flip side, Ferris seemed more than prepared for 1 of GV's 2 trick plays, even though GV hadn't even run it yet this year.

Biggest positive for GV, IMO, was that GV seemed to dominate running the ball. The OL was crushing Ferris' front 7 on virtually every running play, IMO.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 10-16-2021, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied
    Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

No, he can run and was able to make something out of nothing - his play and the two redzone turnovers by gv were the difference
    When I said dominance i meant the Tony era - Ferris had 2nd and 40 on own twenty and still get a first down from rb run and lacrosse qb...he hasn't played football in 4 years and make plays with legs...Tony finds these guys -

Honestly don't think GV has had a better qb than us in last 9 - 10 years... Winning in a hostile environment even sweeter.

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    Ferris will be #1 when the next poll comes out with Valdosta #2

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Hey I'm with you guys, my dream NC game is GV - VSU, but there is nothing that can be done about those calls. Love that fact that your team isn't letting the calls get to them, they're fighting hard!
    that would be nice - the two teams had a good two day practice/scrimmage in Valdosta this past spring

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    No, he can run and was able to make something out of nothing - his play and the two redzone turnovers by gv were the difference

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Shoutout to BillyGV. Good stuff on the updates and info.

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Good game by both teams. Good to see Allendale with a versatile offense. Can see the impact of their new OC and the coach from Wayne St. Couple of turnovers on their side hurt bad. Ferris...death by a thousand self-inflicted cuts. Don't even want to look at the penalty yardage they accumulated. I keep saying this, that lack of discipline is going to cost them in a big game.

Good to see we hit all of our xtra points (low bar to reach for but hey). Bernhardts 3rd down conversions are just crazy. Pretty much won the game for us. Not the greatest passer but was effective enough. That knee was holding his running back. No where near his usual shake and bake then explosion. But he did enough to win the game.

In an ironic twist, TA turned into the chuck and pray deep ball guy and MM was running the Ferris jet sweep / play action offense. No MM jokes this year. Did a good job of game mgmt. TAs fake field goal on 4th and 1 was iconic. Deep pass to a dlineman, wow. One thing I will say, Ferris knows who to win tough games. Their big players make big plays.

Look forward to both teams getting in the playoffs. Hopefully we don't meet up in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    GAME SUMMARY: #6 GVSU vs #2 FSU

1st qtr
    GV won toss and elected to receive and on the 4th play GV threw an interception
    Ferris makes a bad snap and has to punt
    GV second possession pederson runs for 33 yrds and the score - 7-0
    Ferris answers to tie score - 7-7
    2nd qtr
    GV has 12 play 60 yrd drive - risen makes a key catch on sideline at the 20 - pederson runs to inside the 10 - the next play throws it into coverage and its intercepted
    Ferris has a 10 play 85 yrd drive for the score - 7-14
    GV then punts
    Ferris throws an interception
    GV goes on a drive down to the 3, reid carries it for what appeared to be a score but it is called a fumble, ferris picks it up and returns it 97 yards for the score - 7-21
    HALFTIME
    3rd qtr
    Ferris gets second half kick - qb made something out of nothing and eventually gets it down into the red zone - many incredible individual plays by qb - rb run for a score 7-28
    GV down the field on 11 plays, 59 yards for the score 14-28
    Ferris 3 and out - punt
    GV drives and takes it down to the 3 and risen carries it in for the score - 21-28
    Ferris punts
    4th qtr
    GV moves, executes a fake punt for first down but has to punt
    Ferris moves the ball -interference call - down for a 37 yard field goal - fake, then pass - gets down to 3 - rb runs in for score 21-35
    GV goes on a 57 yard drive, moves into the red zone, pederson steps up but drops it, picks it up and throws to risen for score - 28-35
    GV tries an on-side kick but ferris recovers
    Ferris runs clock out

GVSU 5-1
    FSU 6-0

Both #1 West Florida and #4 NWMS lost today
    Last edited by BillyGV; 10-16-2021, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Also: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT #GreatTeamsTaunt

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    ball at 23 - nice run for 9 - 2:00 to go - qb run for a loss - 3rd and 2 - TO GV - 1:24 to go - qb run 1st down - 1:18 to go and counting down - qb run for a couple - TO GV - :43 to go - qb takes knee - :39 to go - TO GV - qb takes a knee - time counts down - dogs win

GVSU - 28
    FSU --- 35

17,007 official attendance - NEW RECORD for GV - good game but two sloppy turnovers by GV at the goal line was the difference - two good teams - ferris has won the last 5 straight regular season games - GV still leads the series

GV has 381 total yards of offense - both teams 7 of 12 on 3rd down conversions - GV was 2 of 2 on 4th downs and scored on 3 of 5 times in red zone - GV had 206 yards rushing and 175 yards passing
    Last edited by BillyGV; 10-16-2021, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Can't spell Laker without L

Leave a comment:

• FSUBulldog27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    here we go - onside kick attempt...ball bounces all over, through several players...ferris recovers - aaaaagh

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    pass by qb for 1st down - another pass for a 1st down to the te - pass down the middle, incomplete - official TO for ferris injury - 3:06 to go - ferris should have intercepted but that's why he is a db - 2nd and 10 - run to the 13 and out of bounds - pass complete to the 8 - out-of-bounds - official TO for gv injury - looks like a cramp - 2:44 to go - 2nd and 5 - lol - qb to pass, steps up, drops the ball, picks it up and throws to risen for the score - flag - roughing the passer enforced on the kickoff

GVSU - 28
    FSU --- 35
    2:08 to go in game - onside kick coming and gv will be 15 yards closer because of the penalty - have to recover - this is the game

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Wow what a play. Good TD. And Ferris sets themselves up to give up a tie with a penalty.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X